• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

17-year-old arrested for murder and fleeing state after Kenosha shootings that left two dead

Yeah cuz he's a white kid, but the guy at the Wendy's, ya know the one with the empty taser that couldn't fire, he got what he had comin' right?:lamo

Presidential Medal of Freedom, and a White House visit is TOTALLY in order for Rittenhouse, right?:screwy

Are you saying you condone the lynch mob?

yeah, it's there fault that he gunned them down.

i bet you say the same thing about people in Oakland and Chicago. defend them the same way too. they're just "sick".

It sure is their fault.

The Republican Convention just featured a couple for aiming their guns at protesters.

So tell me again our gun laws make sense when an AR ends up in the hands of this kid and he is just roaming across state lines, using it and scurrying back home. Has he had his first shave yet?

Its the world the right has given us.

I won't defend the boy. Hopefully, our system of justice will determine whether to hold him accountable for his actions or not. I'll leave it up to them.

But I was quite amused at the notion that the rioters...who apparently hate the police, want to defund them, want them to lose their jobs...expected the police to save them from the gunman.

Social justice warriors at their best.

That's just stupid. :roll:

The protesters were demanding justice for the shooting of another unarmed black man by the police.

That the police just let the shooter walk past them only proves the protesters right....the police in that town are bad news and in need of reform.

But you go ahead and defend that racist little thug...he's your new poster boy.

Don't bring a skateboard to a gun fight.

Yaa' bring more guns...lets have more gun fights. Lets start a new lobby group..... Americans for More Gun Fights.

I am scared to think how many members of this forum would sign up immediately and then how many would sign up nationally. Heck we could make the NRA jealous.

We've seem from these riots and destruction of property, livelihood and rights that the 2A is especially important.

Yaa' bring more guns...lets have more gun fights. Lets start a new lobby group..... Americans for More Gun Fights.

I am scared to think how many members of this forum would sign up immediately and then how many would sign up nationally. Heck we could make the NRA jealous.

So the police shouldn't let lawless people perpetuate lawless acts in the streets. Hmm, i think you're onto something.

The protesters were demanding justice for the shooting of another unarmed black man by the police.

That the police just let the shooter walk past them only proves the protesters right....the police in that town are bad news and in need of reform.

We've seem from these riots and destruction of property, livelihood and rights that the 2A is especially important.

If 2A ends up being a defense or even a justification for this shooting I will be very surprised.

The "protesters" were smashing car windows and chasing the kid down the street while throwing stuff at him. The kid may have done something to provoke the guy that chased him (and ended up getting shot in the head) but we don't have that piece of information yet. As far as the cops "just let him go" thing well, that's the kind of thing that happens when everyone is responding to a shots fired call. The cops weren't looking for someone to be turning themselves in and thus perceived him as a traumatized protester who needed to get out of their way so they could respond to the scene of the shooting.

Really??? They were just "demanding justice"?

Like this?

Not saying it is. Just saying that the 2A is important when the left (the same people who want to eliminate the 2A, not surprisingly) are the same people suppressing rights, rioting and spending way too much time out of their mother's basements.

If 2A ends up being a defense or even a justification for this shooting I will be very surprised.

So the police shouldn't let lawless people perpetuate lawless acts in the streets. Hmm, i think you're onto something.

The police shouldn't commit murder, either.

Not saying it is. Just saying that the 2A is important when the left (the same people who want to eliminate the 2A, not surprisingly) are the same people suppressing rights, rioting and spending way too much time out of their mother's basements.

OK....there are enough very strange posts in this thread to choke a mule. Are you bucking for the award of strangest? You are closing on #2 but not quite there. I have you at #3. So I am happy to say you are not even in the #2 and trying harder category YET!

The mob (correct) has arrest authority?

What kind of authority does he have? Why did he drive over there with a loaded weapon? He's 17.

This is vigilantism. It's the same BS we saw with George Zimmerman. We already see how difficult policing can be. Imagine armed people who have no training making life and death decisions. It's crazy.

So tell me again our gun laws make sense when an AR ends up in the hands of this kid and he is just roaming across state lines, using it and scurrying back home. Has he had his first shave yet?

You know, I actually agree with you here. How does a 17 year old get his hands on ANY sort of firearm? Personally, I see no reason why the legal age to own a firearm cant be 21. This is a good reason why. I remember thinking the same thing after the Parkland shootings.

Really??? They were just "demanding justice"?

Like this?

"Riots are the language of the unheard." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Kid probably watched too many action movies. We are in a very weird place as a country right now and on multiple fronts to boot.

He apparently borrowed it. The well regulated militiaman owner should be in the dock with him.

Absolutely. If someone gave a weapon like this to a child, he should face serious charges.

I've seen two video clips. One was the guy with the rifle running away from someone who threw a molotov cocktail at him and the other where's hes on the ground shooting people who are attacking them. There's no context on what happened before or after each clip but based on this the shootings look easily justified. Definitely a self defense situation under dire threat of life in each of these clips.

The "protesters" were smashing car windows and chasing the kid down the street while throwing stuff at him. The kid may have done something to provoke the guy that chased him (and ended up getting shot in the head) but we don't have that piece of information yet. As far as the cops "just let him go" thing well, that's the kind of thing that happens when everyone is responding to a shots fired call. The cops weren't looking for someone to be turning themselves in and thus perceived him as a traumatized protester who needed to get out of their way so they could respond to the scene of the shooting.

Back
Top Bottom