• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

16yr old Gay teen, sent to Heterosexual boot camp!

I honsetly don't see the problem with people who show their sexuality. I don't personally (actually everybody thinks I'm straight, except the ones I've told) but just because someone puts a rainbow sticker on their car or wears a shirt saying "I'm Gay and Proud" or something like that doesn't mean they want to hurt their loved ones or that their putting themselves on a pedestal. I mean if we all obeyed by those rules then people shouldn't wear shirts sporting their favorite band or sport, etc.

Libertarian said:
It cannot be denied that male homosexuality is statistically a self destructive lifestyle and no concerned parents would want their children to engage in behaviors such aas male homosexuality which statistically shorten ones lifespan or in the case of both male and female homosexuals, statistically is far more likely to have domestic violence in the household then heterosexual relationships.

For the same reason if a teen was going down the route of alcohol or drug abuse, no decent parent would hesitate to engage in an intervention program out of love for their children. Now I am sure drug addicts could say that many drug addicts have been productive people in society and have given us great music, etc, but the point is still made.

lol where did you pull those facts out of? I don't believe you have anything to quote from and even if you did.. The reduction of ones lifespan can come from a large variety of things. working at a steel mill living near a major city. Would you also call those "self destructive lifestyles"

As far as homosexual having a higher rate of domestic violence. I think its absurd, and would love for you to provide refference material.

vauge said:
I have met at least 2 with an opening line about them being gay. Though I would never say **** off. I would say "thats nice" go my merry way and think they are worthless and that attitude is what is destorying America.

not that i think its a great idea to go around stating traits about yourself like that, but what if that gay person is just applying a filter. If you take it wrong about his/her statement about being gay then walk away they will have learned how far any kind of interaction would go with you wihout wating their time trying to get to know you. That kind of filter would obviously work on you.

vauge said:
Of course I have met more than 2 most of which I never knew until it came out in conversation. Of course those 2 are not the sole culprit to destroying America. It is the arrogance of such activity that is destorying us.

I should have said that I do not understand the 'coming out of the closet' thing. It is quite annoying as I could careless and it is none of my business. It's sole purpose is to hurt the ones they love while putting themselves on a pedestal.

The arrogance of such an activity? I don't think you consider stating your religion as being arrogant... or talking about your husband or talking about your wedding in public.

What if instead if a male said "hi my names paul, and this is my husband Jack"

Would that be Flaunting it? arrogant? So in other words im asking is it the act of simply stating your Gay just to say it. Or is it the fact anyone is being "gay in public"

Like for instance if you go to just about any mall in america you can see couples holding hands. Is that only acceptable to opposite sex couples?

Bigbird said:
Like for instance if you go to just about any mall in america you can see couples holding hands. Is that only acceptable to opposite sex couples?

Now that's a question I want to see Vauge answer!

Where I live it is common to see same-sex couples walking hand in hand, just as you can see str8 couples doing the same.

vauge said:
I can be true to myself without exclaiming my sexuality. I can be true to myself without letting the world know my religious postion. If however it comes up in discussion - that is a different story.

Yes but you are not of the sexuality that has hate crimes performed against it. How many times have you had people find out you are heterosexual and then not want to have anything to do with you? Do people look at you funny when you talk about signifigant other? You are of the majority, which is a nice and comfy place to sit and throw opinions around about things you barely know about.

The reason people state their sexuality like that is not purely to get attention (although yes im sure it has happend, just as can happen with anyone stating something about themselves).

If being gay wasn't considered such a big deal and disagree with certain individuals , then the need to state that would go down.

Bigbird said:
Yes but you are not of the sexuality that has hate crimes performed against it. How many times have you had people find out you are heterosexual and then not want to have anything to do with you? Do people look at you funny when you talk about signifigant other? You are of the majority, which is a nice and comfy place to sit and throw opinions around about things you barely know about.

The reason people state their sexuality like that is not purely to get attention (although yes im sure it has happend, just as can happen with anyone stating something about themselves).

If being gay wasn't considered such a big deal and disagree with certain individuals , then the need to state that would go down.

Very well said. :agree

Bigbird said:
This is where common sense comes into play. It would be just stupid of me to go to downtown Dallas in the gay area with a shirt that says "Gays are stupid" or "Gays will burn in hell" - equally it would be stupid to go to Harlem in a Klu Klux Klan outfit.

If however it was common practice for same sex couples to hold hands in public where you are from - then it would seem ok to do so. I am sure, but do not know for a fact, that in the gay area of Dallas holding hands is a common practice.

Where I am from (20 miles north of Dallas), I would turn the other cheek for women holding hands - but would equally use my freedom of speech (as they are) if they were kissing to let them know that I believe that type of activity needs not be in public. Equally if I saw two teenagers kissing of the same sex.

vauge said:
Where I am from (20 miles north of Dallas), I would turn the other cheek for women holding hands -

But not for men? If I am correct, why?

Bigbird said:
The arrogance of such an activity? I don't think you consider stating your religion as being arrogant... or talking about your husband or talking about your wedding in public.

As expected, the concept and context was lost. "Hello my name is Bob and I am a Christian". Does anyone really need to know that off the cuff? Nope. It sets grounds for judgement to begin with.

If it were part of a conversation - hey you wanna go out Saturday night for a few beers? No thanks, I gotta get up early on Sundays. Compeltely different scenario.

vauge said:
Where I am from (20 miles north of Dallas), I would turn the other cheek for women holding hands - but would equally use my freedom of speech (as they are) if they were kissing to let them know that I believe that type of activity needs not be in public. Equally if I saw two teenagers kissing of the same sex.

Omg, people surprise me everyday. You are saying if two women were kissing you would go up to them interrupt them and say I don't approve and it shouldn't be in public, because you feel you are expressing your freedom of speech as they are. If I am correct they are not walking up to you and saying "we are kissing watch us" you take it on your own to go up to people and tell them your personal opinion when they did not ask of it and don't care about what you think. If you were holding a bible, or praying in public and someone walked up to you and said "I'm an athiest and I don't approve of what you are doing and think it shouldn't be done in public", they could use your same logic to back their position up.

crimson372 said:
Omg, people surprise me everyday. You are saying if two women were kissing you would go up to them interrupt them and say I don't approve and it shouldn't be in public, because you feel you are expressing your freedom of speech as they are.
Yes.
If I am correct they are not walking up to you and saying "we are kissing watch us" you take it on your own to go up to people and tell them your personal opinion when they did not ask of it and don't care about what you think.
Did you miss the common sense part of the post above? If it were common in my area, it would be stupid of me to do so. It is however, uncommon.
If you were holding a bible, or praying in public and someone walked up to you and said "I'm an athiest and I don't approve of what you are doing and think it shouldn't be done in public", they could use your same logic to back their position up.
Absolutely. That is entirely thier right to do so. Again, the common sense plays a factor here. Am I in an athiest community?

Last edited:
vauge said:
Yes.

Did you miss the common sense part of the post above? If it were common in my area, it would be stupid of me to do so. It is however, uncommon.

Absolutely. That is entirely thier right to do so. Again, the common sense plays a factor here. Am I in an athiest community?

Just because something is uncommon doesn't qualify it for not being allowed in public. That is majority oppression at it's finest and is a prejudice idea. I can't believe you are saying this. So if there is a black person in a white community I can go up to him and tell him he should leave because I find him shameful, and I don't think he should have his face in public.

vauge said:
Yes.

Common Sense isn't so common.
Just because it's not common doesn't mean it shouldn't be done!
So what if a same-sex couple is holding hands in your area? Does it really hurt you? Is it stopping you from doing the exact same thing with the one you love? Is it violating YOUR right of expression?
I seriously doubt you could honestly say anything of the sort.

Just because blacks aren't common in my neighborhood doesn't mean they shouldn't move in!
Just because jews aren't common in my area doesn't mean they should be prohibited from living there.

Vague said:

We have no way of knowing what sort of community you live in.

Would it devalue your community if a same-sex couple were to move in to raise their family? Would it devalue your community if a same-sex couple were to become members of the local PTA where their child attends school?
Would it change your community in any tangable way?
Other than increasing the tax base?

JustineCredible said:
Just because blacks aren't common in my neighborhood doesn't mean they shouldn't move in!
Just because jews aren't common in my area doesn't mean they should be prohibited from living there.

Ah, the well scripted Homosexual Agenda tactic of trying to equate rampaging rectal receptivity with two groups that engage in "i'm more oppressed than you" competitions.

Engaging in homosexual sex is not the same as an immutable physical characteristic like being born negro......ah, NOW do you get why they need the genetic excuse, so they can overcome this argument! And in the´case of jew, that is a quasi religion, it is not a race. Humans are no more born jewish then they are automatically born christian-it begins as nothing but rituals parents foist onto babies.

Libertarian said:
Ah, the well scripted Homosexual Agenda tactic of trying to equate rampaging rectal receptivity with two groups that engage in "i'm more oppressed than you" competitions.
So ALL homosexuals engage in anal sex? C'mon lib, you've study homosexuals enough to know that's not true.

Libertarian said:
Engaging in homosexual sex is not the same as an immutable physical characteristic like being born negro......ah, NOW do you get why they need the genetic excuse, so they can overcome this argument! And in the´case of jew, that is a quasi religion, it is not a race. Humans are no more born jewish then they are automatically born christian-it begins as nothing but rituals parents foist onto babies.
Actually, according to the jewish people, even if you're born out of the womb a jewish mother, you're jewish. Even if you don't believe in the religion at all, you're still jewish.

JustineCredible said:
Common Sense isn't so common.
Unfortunatly, you are correct.
Just because it's not common doesn't mean it shouldn't be done!
So what if a same-sex couple is holding hands in your area? Does it really hurt you? Is it stopping you from doing the exact same thing with the one you love? Is it violating YOUR right of expression?
I seriously doubt you could honestly say anything of the sort.
Yes, I would indeed say something (if they were kissing). Even more so if my child was with me. Does it HURT me? Of course not. Am I allowed to request them to stop such activities. You missed the part about teenagers that are heterosexual would get my same response. Older couples (heterosexual) would recieve the same attention from me if they were crossing the line as well. I have been applauded for saying such things in public before.
I have failed to see the relivance. I didn't say that I would prohibit anyone from moving to my neighborhood. Sexual offenders is another topic, and I do have significant issues with them living next to me.
We have no way of knowing what sort of community you live in.

Would it devalue your community if a same-sex couple were to move in to raise their family? Would it devalue your community if a same-sex couple were to become members of the local PTA where their child attends school?
Would it change your community in any tangable way?
Other than increasing the tax base?
The point is relationships with the public needs to have a thought process. Would you agree that if a homosexual couple moves into a very conservative neighborhood then there will be challenges to that couple? If not, you do not understand human nature. I highly doubt my neighborhood would have issues with a homosexual couple living here, but there would be quite a bit of issues if that couple were involved in the PTA and being activists toward allowing pro gay activities in school.

vauge said:
This is where common sense comes into play. It would be just stupid of me to go to downtown Dallas in the gay area with a shirt that says "Gays are stupid" or "Gays will burn in hell" - equally it would be stupid to go to Harlem in a Klu Klux Klan outfit.

If however it was common practice for same sex couples to hold hands in public where you are from - then it would seem ok to do so. I am sure, but do not know for a fact, that in the gay area of Dallas holding hands is a common practice.

I am on the same page with you as far as public displays of affection. but really what about a wife giving her husband a peck on the cheek to wish her husband goodbye at the airport? I'm not talking about making out. Is that ok? so my next question would be what about same sex couples?

I think the distinction im making is. Do YOU believe same sex public displays of affecction are the same as opposite sex public displays of affection?

vauge said:
As expected, the concept and context was lost. "Hello my name is Bob and I am a Christian". Does anyone really need to know that off the cuff? Nope. It sets grounds for judgement to begin with.

If it were part of a conversation - hey you wanna go out Saturday night for a few beers? No thanks, I gotta get up early on Sundays. Compeltely different scenario.

I understand you now. It does set yourself for judgement. I think judgement is done either way, but that gives more information to be processed when first meeting someone, other then how they talk, their appearance. Their sincerity, or manners. I'm not still trying to argue a point with you. My next question is out of curiousity. What about that extra bit of information (The "hi I'm gay line") turns your judgment sour? I'm looking for more of an expanded reason then that being someones private business.

Bigbird said:
I think the distinction im making is. Do YOU believe same sex public displays of affecction are the same as opposite sex public displays of affection?
Excellent question. The honest answer for me al least is - I don't know.

vauge said:
Yes.

So all of that's based on commonality? And your sense of what is common and what is not is relative anyhow....

It was common in the past of missouri that that in some areas they lynched a black person if he committed a crime (sometimes crimes were considered whistling at a white woman). If you lived during that time, would you say "oh, that's common around here that's ok" ? Or would you be against it? In my opinion it comes down to what you as a person thinks. Not a commonality issue.

vauge said:
The point is relationships with the public needs to have a thought process. Would you agree that if a homosexual couple moves into a very conservative neighborhood then there will be challenges to that couple? If not, you do not understand human nature. I highly doubt my neighborhood would have issues with a homosexual couple living here, but there would be quite a bit of issues if that couple were involved in the PTA and being activists toward allowing pro gay activities in school.

Yes there may be challenges for a homosexual couples, but those challenges are made by people who want them to be there. Its a Human choice to make those challenges exist. So the question is why are peopel motivated to do so?

im curious what you mean by PRO gay activities? Do you think they have Gay tennis clubs or gay baseball? You sound as if we are trying to recruit people into the "gay lifestyle". What if pro gay simply meant that a student could take a date to the prom that was same sex?

Bigbird said:
im curious what you mean by PRO gay activities? Do you think they have Gay tennis clubs or gay baseball? You sound as if we are trying to recruit people into the "gay lifestyle". What if pro gay simply meant that a student could take a date to the prom that was same sex?

I would have tremendous issues if it were a school that my child attended.

Pro gay meaning demanding King & King type books in the library or demanding like you are suggesting - gay clubs or gay classes. That stuff is just silly. Not much different than black only clubs or white only clubs. What purpose do they serve? Promotion of hate...

vauge said:
I would have tremendous issues if it were a school that my child attended.

Pro gay meaning demanding King & King type books in the library

Okay I understand about the gay baseball, football, etc. but what do you mean King & King type books. Would it bother you if there was a book with a gay couple in it. I think that's a little ridiculous. I'd understand if the book was all about how you have to accept homosexuality but if it is just a normal book that happens to have a gay couple in it would it bother you? And if so, do you really believe that you can make a school library with only books you agree with without causing problems.

Back
Top Bottom