• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

160 year old man

Ethiopian man claims he is 160 years old and can recall the Italian invasion of his country in 1895 | News.com.au
I saw this story, and was wondering how they would verify his story?
Think about it if true, someone who was born in 1853.

I remember there used to be an old fellow from Georgia who claimed to be 168. He claimed his wife was 118 and they lived in the home he built for them when they were married a century earlier (which means he was 68 and she was 18 at the time of the wedding; talk about a union unlikely to last for 100 years!). The explanation that Guiness finally accepted was that life was tough in the North Caucasus and people tended to look older than their age; many of them took advantage of this disability to exaggerate their age and avoid conscription into the Czar's army for WWI.

probably not true, but it would be supercool. need a tissue sample, stat. i want to know everything about his telomeres. he still has all of his hair, too.

I was thinking without written records,
His memories could be that he has a very good memory and a talkative grandfather.
But if he is telling the truth, there must be Great grand children, or
other elders who can say he was already old in WWII ect.
He says he remembers the Italian Invasion, but there were two Italian
invasions, one in 1895, and another in 1936, even the 1936 number would make
him near 100.
Maybe they should ask him if hi remembers the Italian airplanes in the invasion.
they had them in 1936, but not 1895.

I was thinking without written records,
His memories could be that he has a very good memory and a talkative grandfather.
But if he is telling the truth, there must be Great grand children, or
other elders who can say he was already old in WWII ect.
He says he remembers the Italian Invasion, but there were two Italian
invasions, one in 1895, and another in 1936, even the 1936 number would make
him near 100.
Maybe they should ask him if hi remembers the Italian airplanes in the invasion.
they had them in 1936, but not 1895.

i'd also love to see his medical history. he's probably very old, but not 160. my guess is that he has almost no medical history, and not just due to the fact that doctors are probably scarce. if you hit 100 with all of your faculties intact, your body is a machine.

just imagine being able to replicate DNA for so long with hardly any errors, no plaques forming in the brain, probably no cancer, and doing all of that in Ethiopia.

i'm an absolute skeptic, but i want this one to be true, lol.

i'd also love to see his medical history. he's probably very old, but not 160. my guess is that he has almost no medical history, and not just due to the fact that doctors are probably scarce. if you hit 100 with all of your faculties intact, your body is a machine.

just imagine being able to replicate DNA for so long with hardly any errors, no plaques forming in the brain, probably no cancer, and doing all of that in Ethiopia.

i'm an absolute skeptic, but i want this one to be true, lol.
I remember reading a story about a researcher who found a group of nomads in the sub Shara that
had no Heart disease, yet had very fat diets.
I think he concluded, they were all anemic, and that IRON was an major player in forming plaque.
I agree even hitting 100 in a harsh environment, means he is built for longevity.

I wanna live forever) Interesting news, but probably not true.

Last edited:
Not entirely implausible, given the oldest verified lifespan was for a 122 year old woman. Probably BS, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether as some one in a billion genetic freak. I've wondered what such an individual's quality of life must be like at such an advanced age. It may not be worth it if you're basically crippled and brain dead for the last fifty years of your existence.

Back
Top Bottom