• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

16 years ago today...

Grand Mal

Russian warship, go f*** yourself!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Marc Lepine shot 28 people, killing 14 women, at l' Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal. He claimed to be fighting feminism. Killed 14 women, injured 10 more and injured 4 men before killing himself.
His weapon was a Ruger Mini-14, if anyone's interested.

Marc Lepine shot 28 people, killing 14 women, at l' Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal. He claimed to be fighting feminism. Killed 14 women, injured 10 more and injured 4 men before killing himself.

26 years ago , 1989
Let's face though, if he survived he'd have probably been paroled in ten years, probably be working with Dennis Lortie for some contractor in Ontario.

What bothers me about that incident, other then it happened, was this creep ordered the men to leave the first classroom making clear women were his victims and they simply left. What kind of man leaves women to the whims of madman like that?

Last edited:

Wow. Did they ever figure his crazy reason? Was he taking meds?

Wow. Did they ever figure his crazy reason? Was he taking meds?

He blamed feminists for ruining his life.

He apparently believed feminists were the reason (other then low test scores of course) that he didn't get admitted to that school.

Some guys seem to have a hard time relating to women; this guy seems to be an extreme example! :doh

26 years ago , 1989
Let's face though, if he survived he'd have probably been paroled in ten years, probably be working with Dennis Lortie for some contractor in Ontario.

What bothers me about that incident, other then it happened, was this creep ordered the men to leave the first classroom making clear women were his victims and they simply left. What kind of man leaves women to the whims of madman like that?

Arithmetic was never my long suit.
I didn't read that part about ordering the men to leave. Imagine what those guys were thinking when they heard the gunfire in the classroom.

26 years ago , 1989

to be fair this was a quarter of a century ago and it is Canada...it was an unheard of event and when he first entered the classroom those inside thought it was a joke...

Wow, I forgot all about this. I have say, if I was one of those men, I would be living with a lot of guilt.

26 years ago , 1989

A man with a Ruger Mini-14 pointing at him. (in real life)

Yup you need to keep that to yourself.

The Ruger mini's are not even on the radar of the gun grabbers and it would be best to keep it that way.

No sense crying about something you cannot do anything about.

No sense wasting your life for nothing either.

True, but I think the guilt one might feel is maybe they "could" have done something?

True, but I think the guilt one might feel is maybe they "could" have done something?

When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle the man with the pistol is a dead man.

In Canada the men don't even have pistols -- they are simply women in men's clothing.

Nothing they could have done.

A man with a Ruger Mini-14 pointing at him. (in real life)

Rene Jalbert (who was unarmed) confronted Dennis Lortie (another canadian spree killer who the Ecole shooter idolized, and who btw is paroled in Canada working at a corner store) who was armed with a submachine gun and had just killed three people, he managed to end the shooting and talk Lortie into surrendering. ten men rushing a shooter at classroom range WILL succeed in disarming him, there is not a firearm available to the general public anywhere in the world that a crazed gunmen is skilled enough to use the take down that many people that quickly and that short a range, it's simply not possible.

to be fair this was a quarter of a century ago and it is Canada...it was an unheard of event and when he first entered the classroom those inside thought it was a joke...

but there was a mass shooting in canada only a few years earlier, and Lepine idolized that guy, he kept newspaper articles about Lortie in his room, and considered him a model.

(as we can see, few things change, even then the pattern was starting to build where mass shooters serve as a twisted inspiration to other twisted folks)

When a man with a pistol meets a man with a rifle the man with the pistol is a dead man.

In Canada the men don't even have pistols -- they are simply women in men's clothing.

Nothing they could have done.

First off, let's not insult the Canadians, they're good friends of ours, and their military members are serving alongside ours all over the world.

Second off, on open ground yes rifle beats pistol.

in a confined space like a hallway or a classroom, pistol's manueverability beats rifle.

me with my M&P 9c versus you and an AR in conversational distance, I don't mind those odds.

Exactly.

Especially in Canada where they do not allow CCW.

Well technically CCW is completly legal, just the firearms officers who can issue them refuse to except in extraordinary cases.

Rene Jalbert (who was unarmed) confronted Dennis Lortie (another canadian spree killer who the Ecole shooter idolized, and who btw is paroled in Canada working at a corner store) who was armed with a submachine gun and had just killed three people, he managed to end the shooting and talk Lortie into surrendering. ten men rushing a shooter at classroom range WILL succeed in disarming him, there is not a firearm available to the general public anywhere in the world that a crazed gunmen is skilled enough to use the take down that many people that quickly and that short a range, it's simply not possible.

Well apparently he has integrated back into society pretty well and living a normal life, nothing wrong with that.

That's called "won't issue" ... same as in California big cities.

You're not advocating for American-style gun laws in Canada, are you? Do you think that would improve our country?

You're not advocating for American-style gun laws in Canada, are you? Do you think that would improve our country?

I don't know what works in Canada.

If you all truly hate handguns, and you can keep them out of Canada (which is a doubtful assumption), then you don't need them, as long as you have open carry for your rifles, and you keep the rifles nearby.

Otherwise you are sheeple just like the Europeans when you are aout and abaout away from your homes where you keep your shotguns and bear guns.

I don't know what works in Canada.

If you all truly hate handguns, and you can keep them out of Canada (which is a doubtful assumption), then you don't need them, as long as you have open carry for your rifles, and you keep the rifles nearby.

Otherwise you are sheeple just like the Europeans when you are aout and abaout away from your homes where you keep your shotguns and bear guns.

Listen. I realize you Americans need to protect yourselves from each other but it's not like that here, or mostly anywhere else, either. If I lived down the road from you I'd arm myself, too, whenever I left the house, but it's just not necessary here. I'll bet you that the accidental gun deaths in the US far exceeds the total homicides in Canada. Still not saying you shouldn't be armed but you should understand that the whole world isn't like Newark or Cincinnati. In fact, nowhere is like Newark or Cincinnati except maybe Mogadishu or Kinshasa.

Back
Top Bottom