• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

16 Republican Senate hypocrites

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
16 current R senators voted to reauthorize the Voting Rights Act in 2006. They are all against the John R. Lewis Voting Advancement Act today. Why? They are more loyal to the party than the country (President Washington warned us about this) and more interested in keeping their jobs than keeping our country.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/4

16 current R senators voted to reauthorize the Voting Rights Act in 2006. They are all against the John R. Lewis Voting Advancement Act today. Why? They are more loyal to the party than the country (President Washington warned us about this) and more interested in keeping their jobs than keeping our country.

That's an easy one. They are selling out the country for money, power and control.

THere is the myth that higher turnout means a dem win. That didn't happen in VA. They had a huge turnout for the governors race, and the republican won.

If a party puts up a better candidate, they can win. There are lots of variables, media, turnout, but a candidate that makes more sense to more people can win. Partisans shouldn't worry about the structure of the voting system as much as issues they can solve.
The 16 current R senators already know that, and they also know that there are already federal laws that create standards for voting nationwide. States make some decisions about voting but not all .

The time has come to put away all the voting laws that have been passed in state legislatures about restraining access to the ballot.

Those state laws were based on lies +lies +lies about fraud and that is no way to govern a country.

There isn't one state that is hard to vote in.

There isn't a single state that makes it harder for minorities to vote.

Two things. First, your claims have zero to do with the thread and second, you're wrong.

Prove me wrong.

And your party reverts to Jim Crow with every argument...........so I am spot on about the context of your petty thread.
In texas, one of the early versions of the bill the legislature passed last summer contained a provision declaring that polling sites inside Harris County would only have 4 machines, but other counties could have as many as they see fit. When this was exposed in the Texas Tribune, the backlash was great enough to convince the republicans to withdraw it.

This relates to giving free bottles of water to voters in line, and other kinds of absurd restrictions that only serve to bug people and exhaust them, or otherwise discourage them from voting.

I understand that some of these measures did not make it into the final bills , but some remained.

It's not how the ballot got to the station. It matters if the voter was legit and the ballot is too. other than that, a dropbox doesn't make it fraud, the time of day doesn't make it fraud. the chain of custody doesn't make a ballot fraud. If it's a real voter and a real ballot, that's a real vote.

THe more more damaging action is to usurp the vote. In texas, the law currently states that the Secretary of State and a country judge can remove votes without a court of law, within their authority, that they deem to be invalid. In texas, the state secretary was a lawyer for trump and 'stop the steal' .

If they deny votes with nothing more than a suspicion, that's antidemocratic.

A federal law that establishes that a vote is really a vote, and it can't be erased by a lousy partisan fig leaf of an excuse would do our nation a great service.

I posted before, republicans can turn 'em out as well as any other party. They should not worry about the system as much as they could contribute to the solutions.

The more people vote in an election, the more confidence we can all have in the result.

Not surprised by this.

Compromise is considered capitulation and bipartisanship is anathema…

In texas, one of the early versions of the bill the legislature passed last summer contained a provision declaring that polling sites inside Harris County would only have 4 machines, but other counties could have as many as they see fit. When this was exposed in the Texas Tribune, the backlash was great enough to convince the republicans to withdraw it.

This relates to giving free bottles of water to voters in line, and other kinds of absurd restrictions that only serve to bug people and exhaust them, or otherwise discourage them from voting.

I understand that some of these measures did not make it into the final bills , but some remained.

It's not how the ballot got to the station. It matters if the voter was legit and the ballot is too. other than that, a dropbox doesn't make it fraud, the time of day doesn't make it fraud. the chain of custody doesn't make a ballot fraud. If it's a real voter and a real ballot, that's a real vote.

THe more more damaging action is to usurp the vote. In texas, the law currently states that the Secretary of State and a country judge can remove votes without a court of law, within their authority, that they deem to be invalid. In texas, the state secretary was a lawyer for trump and 'stop the steal' .

A federal law that establishes that a vote is really a vote, and it can't be erased by a lousy partisan fig leaf of an excuse would do our nation a great service.

I posted before, republicans can turn 'em out as well as any other party. They should not worry about the system as much as they could contribute to the solutions.

The more people vote in an election, the more confidence we can all have in the result.

More pissy assed whining. The Texas Elections Division is made up of people who vote Democrat and Republican.

Democrats have a say in how many voting machines there are in every state long before every election.

They just prefer to use it as a weapon AFTER the elections.

OMG....I had to stand in line for 3-4 hours. OMFG......I was too stupid to bring a little water with me!

Prove me wrong.

And your party reverts to Jim Crow with every argument...........so I am spot on about the context of your petty thread.
"Long waits at polling places are disruptive, disenfranchising, and all too common. Black and Latino voters are especially likely to endure them."

Did you ever stop to think (wait, that was stupid of me) that D's use Jim Crow so often because R's are consistently doing things that have the effect of minimizing minorities?

"Long waits at polling places are disruptive, disenfranchising, and all too common. Black and Latino voters are especially likely to endure them."

Did you ever stop to think (wait, that was stupid of me) that D's use Jim Crow so often because R's are consistently doing things that have the effect of minimizing minorities?

Live live in a majority white district and waited for 4 hours a couple times.

Districts with long waiting lines fix them instead of just whining about them.

Evidently your party chooses to play the race card every time some precinct ****s up every single time.

Live live in a majority white district and waited for 4 hours a couple times.

Districts with long waiting lines fix them instead of just whining about them.

Evidently your party chooses to play the race card every time some precinct ****s up every single time.
A couple of times isn't every time is it. How about providing the area you vote? I don't believe you.

And Russia was a hoax, right?

The 1/6 insurrection was caused by the FBI?

This is a sickness exhibited by Trump that has gripped the whole party: ignore reality, insist on lies that are contradicted by documents, images, investigations, and embrace the high of utter madness.

More pissy assed whining. The Texas Elections Division is made up of people who vote Democrat and Republican.

Democrats have a say in how many voting machines there are in every state long before every election.

They just prefer to use it as a weapon AFTER the elections.

OMG....I had to stand in line for 3-4 hours. OMFG......I was too stupid to bring a little water with me!

Let me ask a few questions to see if we have the same premises.

Can a Republican win with better ideas and better answers to the issues?

If you agree that they can, why would they make up rules like the state legislatures did? Why not just get better candidates?

Question 2
Can a republican win if the voter turnout is high?

If you agree that a republican can win with high voter turnout , then why would new laws that dissuade or discourage some voters be necessary?

My objection to this post is simply pretending that it is in any ways 'news' or surprising that this is the case. That is giving them far too much credit as if you have any reason to expect them to be decent, and it's a surprise when they aren't.. It's like leaving your daughter with a man you know has assaulted hundreds of women and then acting like it's a complete surprise when he assaults your daughter. They are corrupt and should be treated as corrupt.

It's exactly this supporting false pretenses that makes the problem worse and encourages people not to address it. There's no crisis, they're generally good, it's a surprise if they do the wrong thing, it suggests.

It's like people who point out that Fox isn't actually 'fair and balanced' for hundreds of stories for years, like it's a surprise each story. It's like people who respond to each trump appointee that's in a scandal that trump had said he'd only appoint the best, like it]s a surprise he didn't.

It's not a surprise each time Republicans act corruptly any more than it's a surprise each time the mafia collects protection money. If we did better at treating them as bad as they are it might encourage people to care about the problem more than suggesting it's a surprise. It's at least more accurate, and, well, sorry, but less annoying.

At one point they wanted to eliminate Sunday voting, knowing that black voters always do "souls to the polls" after church on Sunday.
The backlash however convinced them to withdraw it.

My objection to this post is simply pretending that it is in any ways 'news' or surprising that this is the case. That is giving them far too much credit as if you have any reason to expect them to be decent, and it's a surprise when they aren't.. It's like leaving your daughter with a man you know has assaulted hundreds of women and then acting like it's a complete surprise when he assaults your daughter. They are corrupt and should be treated as corrupt.

It's exactly this supporting false pretenses that makes the problem worse and encourages people not to address it. There's no crisis, they're generally good, it's a surprise if they do the wrong thing, it suggests.

It's like people who point out that Fox isn't actually 'fair and balanced' for hundreds of stories for years, like it's a surprise each story. It's like people who respond to each trump appointee that's in a scandal that trump had said he'd only appoint the best, like it]s a surprise he didn't.

It's not a surprise each time Republicans act corruptly any more than it's a surprise each time the mafia collects protection money. If we did better at treating them as bad as they are it might encourage people to care about the problem more than suggesting it's a surprise. It's at least more accurate, and, well, sorry, but less annoying.
Not sure I see where it's considered surprising...

At one point they wanted to eliminate Sunday voting, knowing that black voters always do "souls to the polls" after church on Sunday.
The backlash however convinced them to withdraw it.
👍
They'll try anything if they think they can get away with it.

Not sure I see where it's considered surprising...
There's a thread to announce, hey, look, the Republicans acted hypocritically! As if that's unexpected and just now noticed. As if they haven't been doing that constantly for years.

The op makes a great point because this is another example of a party focused on one man and not our people.

This article was printed before the election. Having seen what they did, and knowing how much they worked this summer, I can't promise people here will have faith in our next election.

A BBC article from Nov 1st,
"Some of the state's largest counties had already set up multiple drop-off sites. Harris County, home to the city of Houston and some four million residents, must now close 11 drop-off locations, the Houston Chronicle reported."

"Texas Democratic chairman Gilberto Hinojosa responded to the announcement by accusing "scared" Republicans of trying to change rules while "on the verge of losing".

He was right about the losing part in city and county elections.

These articles show what kind of electoral gimmickry had gone on last November. That scam , based on election fraud lies, was expanded in the summer. The 16 senators are revealing that this kind of tomfoolery with our elections, so that there will be hope for trump and the GOP, is more important than the democracy of the people.

Pass the Lewis Act 👍

Prove me wrong.

Orwellian. The party trying to prevent the other party from intentionally lowering black voter turnout is the one reverting to Jim crow?

90+% of black people support the party that wants to revert to Jim Crow?

Come back to reality for christs sake! Your claim is an Orwellian absurdity.

It could be because one is a good law and one is a horrible bill.

That's an easy one. They are selling out the country for money, power and control.
See first note.

Not surprised by this.

Compromise is considered capitulation and bipartisanship is anathema…
You forgot the to Democrats after anathema.

Anathema to you as well it seems.

Orwellian. The party trying to prevent the other party from intentionally lowering black voter turnout is the one reverting to Jim crow?
Great doublespeak.

Your comment is indeed very Orwellian.

90+% of black people support the party that wants to revert to Jim Crow?
You don't have 90% of black people supporting either party.

Sometimes 90% will support a specific candidate but you overgeneralize.

You are also missing a party that wants to revert to Jim Crow. That was a Democrat-backed set of laws and the Republicans never embraced them.

Come back to reality for christs sake! Your claim is an Orwellian absurdity.
You should find reality before you say things like this.

Last edited:
The more living, legal voters that cast single verifiable ballots, the more confidence we can all have in elections, especially if the major democrat run polling locations dont mysteriously shut down, violate state election laws, have people in basements filling out ballots, and dont find boxes of ballots in trunks and closets days later.

The more living, legal voters that cast single verifiable ballots, the more confidence we can all have in elections, especially if the major democrat run polling locations dont mysteriously shut down, violate state election laws, have people in basements filling out ballots, and dont find boxes of ballots in trunks and closets days later.

"Get the Facts: Election officials utilize various security measures to protect the integrity of the mail-in/absentee voting process, including those that protect against the unauthorized use of ballot request forms, in states where such forms are used, the submission of mail-in/absentee ballots by ineligible individuals, and eligible in-person voters being erroneously precluded from being able to vote due to being listed in the poll book as having received a mail-in/absentee ballot."

Please specify which polling locations were democrat run. Just one is sufficient for now.

Which state election laws are you referring to? Just let me see a link. One is fine

Surely you have proof of people in a basement filling out ballots, please do tell. I'm listening, I'm just not sure which ct you're talking about.

Please tell us where they found boxes of ballots in trunks and closets, days later.

I will heed and acknowledge any actual true evidence that surfaces. Just that, well, ya know, it has to be true.

joe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom