• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

130,000 kids waiting to be adopted in the US [W:269]

Re: 130,000 kids waiting to be adopted in the US

Would it be acceptable for one to inquire what it is that you wish to illustrate with your OP?

I hereby give my oath not to undo my vasectomy until every one of these 130K orphan has found a proper home or has been converted to protein products for the malnourished.

Last edited:

Would it be acceptable for one to inquire what it is that you wish to illustrate with your OP?

Birth control is a good thing.

There are a lot of couples opting out of having kids these days, and I predict that by the time these people reach 45-50, their tune will change, and they'll want kids, but won't be able to have their own...and they'll adopt.

That's just my theory.

Simple Ray. Pro-life cry about the murder of the unborn when they can't stand up for the born children...who were once unborn. Okay, the scared unborn appears...now what? Did you look at the link in the OP?

13k adoptions waiting to happen, and millions of abortions taking place.

it's a war on babies/kids, and the women are winning.. hands down.:cool:

13k adoptions waiting to happen, and millions of abortions taking place.

it's a war on babies/kids, and the women are winning.. hands down.:cool:

No. Sadly, they're losing too.

Simple Ray. Pro-life cry about the murder of the unborn when they can't stand up for the born children...who were once unborn. Okay, the scared unborn appears...now what? Did you look at the link in the OP?

I don't know why you continue to make this claim, which is patently false. So I'm going to repeat what I've posted to you so many times: Somebody out there is offering shelter and job training and other support to mothers/young couples who choose to keep their babies. Creating low-cost/sliding scale clinics that offer a real choice beyond abortion. Many, if not most, of those doing what they can are pro-life.

You are not going to be able to pry most of these kids out of the foster care system with a crowbar. There is big money off the government keeping kids in limbo.

Let's wipe out all population control nuts. It's the perfect sacrifice, and they're doing their part by keeping their own stupid agenda.

Now's your chance to contribute to the cause. Start by adopting the 130,000 kids talked about in the OP's Link...which you didn't even look at.

No. Sadly, they're losing too.

it's a lose/lose/lose all around... I was just being a dick and seeing if i could start another national "war on.. bla bla bla"

I've got 5 children ( none are kids anymore :()... the kids won the "war" in my house

Why?....

Did you not carefully read the OP's link?

What I was alluding to is, I believe, beyond your appreciation.

I don't know why you continue to make this claim, which is patently false. So I'm going to repeat what I've posted to you so many times: Somebody out there is offering shelter and job training and other support to mothers/young couples who choose to keep their babies. Creating low-cost/sliding scale clinics that offer a real choice beyond abortion. Many, if not most, of those doing what they can are pro-life.

Keep on believing that...

Now's your chance to contribute to the cause. Start by adopting the 130,000 kids talked about in the OP's Link...which you didn't even look at.
Not till we've buried the bleeding hearts. It's hard to concentrate with rabid occupier types barking about overpopulation.

What I was alluding to is, I believe, beyond your appreciation.

I have no appreciation for people who whine about the unborn and ignore the born.

Not till we've buried the bleeding hearts. It's hard to concentrate with rabid occupier types barking about overpopulation.

Kill the born...to save the unborn...how noble you are.

You are not going to be able to pry most of these kids out of the foster care system with a crowbar. There is big money off the government keeping kids in limbo.

meh, not really.. my cousin and her husband are foster parents.... 12 kids. ( 3 of their own, plus 9 foster kids who might as well be their own)
they struggle, and I subsidize their endeavor quite a bit.... the foster parents rates fall short of what it takes to raise a kid

meh, not really.. my cousin and her husband are foster parents.... 12 kids. ( 3 of their own, plus 9 foster kids who might as well be their own)
they struggle, and I subsidize their endeavor quite a bit.... the foster parents rates fall short of what it takes to raise a kid

Ever consider that the system i.e. the people in Social Services' jobs depend on there being lots of foster kids? I know someone who wanted to adopt their foster child and they were told if they even applied to adopt the child would be removed from their custody and they would not get him back until after the adoption went through in a couple years. They opted to just keep him as a foster child and then he changed his name legally when he was 18 to theirs.

Ever consider that the system i.e. the people in Social Services' jobs depend on there being lots of foster kids? I know someone who wanted to adopt their foster child and they were told if they even applied to adopt the child would be removed from their custody and they would not get him back until after the adoption went through in a couple years. They opted to just keep him as a foster child and then he changed his name legally when he was 18 to theirs.

That illustrates the completely horrible adoption laws that exist in the states. It would be great if our lawmakers stopped fighting over abortion and made it easier to adopt. But that would take away a major wedge issue of the 2 parties.

I often hear that women should stay pregnant, and give the baby up for adoption.

Back
Top Bottom