• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

130,000 kids waiting to be adopted in the US [W:269]

Re: 130,000 kids waiting to be adopted in the US

Welp, this is a pretty big forum, Oscar. It's easy to miss specific posts.

But with relationship to my question to Eco...he didn't produce what he said he could. Most family planning services...in most states do have "some free products", but usually they make services and products available on "sliding scale fees". Now that's not to say that some don't qualify for free products, but it's not a free for all situation.

By the way...what was the penalty entailed in those Article 15s? I've had Article 15's for leaving base without a pass...and the penalty was more of an inconvenience than a say how it might have been spending time in the stockade.

It does nothing to help your argument when you resort to falsehood

How Often Do Condoms Fail?

I posted my sources, and corrected the stat. The failure rate is not only related to breakage, but also slipping off, not applying it correctly, and general misunderstandings about appropriate use.

Furthermore, your source is laughable. It is a personal blog, my stats were from reputable sources. I wouldn't trust anyone with a seemingly loose grasp of the English language to inform me:

Condoms doesn’t often break

However, there is always an unfair focus on stories that tell how a condom failed to work more than when it is very effective.

Some brands needs special handling than the others.

Here's my post from earlier in the thread. Perfect use rarely happens, with typical use, condoms fail ~15% of the time.

Led by Stephanie Sanders of The Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction at Indiana University, the researchers pulled together 16 years of research on condom errors and failures going back to 1995. They found 50 studies from 14 countries, though western nations such as the United States and the United Kingdom predominated. The studies involved diverse groups of participants, from married individuals to sex workers to college students; as such, there were a range of condom use-error rates.

An analysis of all 50 studies found a laundry list of reported errors in condom use. For example, between 17 percent and 51.1 percent of people queried in the studies said they'd put on a condom partway through intercourse — negating any disease-controlling benefits, since fluids are exchanged throughout intercourse not just during ejaculation. Other studies found that between 1.5 percent and 24.8 percent of sexual experiences involved putting a condom on too late in the process of intercourse.

The research also turned up multiple mistakes in how people put condoms on. Up to 25.3 percent said they unrolled the condom's sheath before putting on the condom, rather than unrolling the condom on the penis. Between a quarter and almost half of respondents said they'd failed to leave room at the tip of the condom for semen to collect. About 75 percent of men and 82 percent of women failed to check condoms for damage before using them.

Welp, this is a pretty big forum, Oscar. It's easy to miss specific posts.

But with relationship to my question to Eco...he didn't produce what he said he could. Most family planning services...in most states do have "some free products", but usually they make services and products available on "sliding scale fees". Now that's not to say that some don't qualify for free products, but it's not a free for all situation.

By the way...what was the penalty entailed in those Article 15s? I've had Article 15's for leaving base without a pass...and the penalty was more of an inconvenience than a say how it might have been spending time in the stockade.

for most of these guys it was a reduction in rank 1 grade, forfeiture of 1/2 month's pay for 2 months, 30 days confinement followed by 45 days additional duties. pretty much the max we could hand out with an AR-15. a couple of these idiots refused to accept AR-15 and wanted a courts martial. they were found guilty and got reduction, lost pay and 1 year confinement.

as for the female, during the course of the AR-15 investigation, it was found that she had been stealing crap and sending it home. The BN CO decided to drop the AR-15 on the sex and court martial her under article 121 (larceny: Military property of a value of more than $500.00 or of any military motor vehicle, aircraft, vessel, firearm, or explosive. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 10 years. )

Here's my post from earlier in the thread. Perfect use rarely happens, with typical use, condoms fail ~15% of the time.

yeah...and that 15% includes all those idiots who put them on halfway through. Like I said....you can't fix stupid.

for most of these guys it was a reduction in rank 1 grade, forfeiture of 1/2 month's pay for 2 months, 30 days confinement followed by 45 days additional duties. pretty much the max we could hand out with an AR-15. a couple of these idiots refused to accept AR-15 and wanted a courts martial. they were found guilty and got reduction, lost pay and 1 year confinement.

as for the female, during the course of the AR-15 investigation, it was found that she had been stealing crap and sending it home. The BN CO decided to drop the AR-15 on the sex and court martial her under article 121 (larceny: Military property of a value of more than $500.00 or of any military motor vehicle, aircraft, vessel, firearm, or explosive. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 10 years. )

"off topic"...kinda....

Well, that was pretty stupid to turn down an Article 15...to instead endure a Court Martial. Was it a Summary or Special?

I say that. Dunno know how these guys perceived the seriousness of the offense they were charged with. I guess those who elected CM had a personal conviction that they didn't commit a significant offense. But now, they surely realize that their personal conviction turned into a military conviction.

posted by you personally?

Why would it matter if he or someone else posted the information that addresses your question?

Why would it matter if he or someone else posted the information that addresses your question?

It might...

Why? My question to Oscar fail to meet your NIZKOR PROJECT Fallacy list?

Chuck...our exchanges don't turn out well...you know it. Your constant need to engage me...knowing that our exchanges aren't really healthy or productive...isn't very logical to me.

yeah...and that 15% includes all those idiots who put them on halfway through. Like I said....you can't fix stupid.

There is a difference between "stupid" and uneducated. People can be uneducated. I really don't understand why you are so very hostile and judgmental about people.

There is a difference between "stupid" and uneducated. People can be uneducated. I really don't understand why you are so very hostile and judgmental about people.

why? because they expect me to pay to bail them out of their stupid mistakes

why? because they expect me to pay to bail them out of their stupid mistakes

Do you understand that you wind up paying no matter what? Why not contribute to educating and helping them stop the cycle they're stuck in instead of paying for more jails, more welfare, and more crime? Poverty affects every person.

That still doesn't explain the bitter, hateful way you post about people though. Why so angry? Why take it so very personally?

Do you understand that you wind up paying no matter what? Why not contribute to educating and helping them stop the cycle they're stuck in instead of paying for more jails, more welfare, and more crime? Poverty affects every person.

That still doesn't explain the bitter, hateful way you post about people though. Why so angry? Why take it so very personally?

I have a mild case of aspergers...I hate people

It might...

No, it really doesn't

Why? My question to Oscar fail to meet your NIZKOR PROJECT Fallacy list?

Well, logic is logic. The rules of it apply regardless of the circumstances, who's asking the question, or what the subject is. And the intent is to prevent people from peddling ideological and dogmatic bull****

Chuck...our exchanges don't turn out well...you know it. Your constant need to engage me...knowing that our exchanges aren't really healthy or productive...isn't very logical to me.

I don't need to engage you. i am engaging what you post on a thread I am active on. A quick fix to me pointing out that your remarks are logically inconsistent and make no sense would be to start posting things that make logical sense.

No, it really doesn't

Well, logic is logic. The rules of it apply regardless of the circumstances, who's asking the question, or what the subject is. And the intent is to prevent people from peddling ideological and dogmatic bull****

I don't need to engage you. i am engaging what you post on a thread I am active on. A quick fix to me pointing out that your remarks are logically inconsistent and make no sense would be to start posting things that make logical sense.

I love you too, Chuck...

It's so paradoxical to see anti-choicers condemn abortion but in the same breath say they should not be responsible for funding the foster care system. I will never ever understand such a mentality.

The foster system is ****. It really is. All you have to do is work in foster care for like 2 days to realize that it's a broken system and it can be summarized as little more than a collective of people doing damage control by trying to place young people in a limited number of homes until maybe, if they are super lucky, someone will adopt them some day.

The foster and adoption systems are simply not made to be a repository for all the unwanted children out there. It's never going to be a clean alternative to abortion. After working in a placement center for merely a few months, I decided that I would rather be aborted than put through that hell.

The ignorance of people is astounding when it comes to simply grasping the realities of these social systems. Added to that, there is a complete rejection toward supporting them. Like I said... I will never understand such people. It's a kind of righteousness that seeks to burn the candle at both ends, magnifying major problems in the process.

There are a lot of couples opting out of having kids these days, and I predict that by the time these people reach 45-50, their tune will change, and they'll want kids, but won't be able to have their own...and they'll adopt.

That's just my theory.

Why the hell would anyone do that when they're going to be 70 before the kid moves out? Are you out of your mind? :lol:

So far, with the ones who were early to the party and are now retiring, we haven't seen anything of the kind. I don't see any reason to expect we will in the future. The people who tend to regret not having more kids are actually the ones who already had some. No one wants to try their hand at parenting when they're 50, except for a few famous millionaires, but that's only because they don't actually raise it themselves.

Also, a lot of people who want kids are famously resistant to the idea of adopting. They'll torment their gonads to pieces rather than adopt a baby that doesn't have their DNA. I don't understand it, but that's the whole reason we have this problem.

The foster system is ****. It really is. All you have to do is work in foster care for like 2 days to realize that it's a broken system and it can be summarized as little more than a collective of people doing damage control by trying to place young people in a limited number of homes until maybe, if they are super lucky, someone will adopt them some day.

The foster and adoption systems are simply not made to be a repository for all the unwanted children out there. It's never going to be a clean alternative to abortion. After working in a placement center for merely a few months, I decided that I would rather be aborted than put through that hell.

The ignorance of people is astounding when it comes to simply grasping the realities of these social systems. Added to that, there is a complete rejection toward supporting them. Like I said... I will never understand such people. It's a kind of righteousness that seeks to burn the candle at both ends, magnifying major problems in the process.

I think that the foster care systems should be judged by the sate. Our foster care system is actually very efficient. Our services are privatized and we have multiple services that are extremely accesible. I have never felt that my foster children were getting less than what they deserved. Often they have felt lucky to have been given more than what they had before and a safe environment. Of course there will always be those horrendous child care cases that get splashed all over the media. But you cannot blame a system that yes, is there for the cleanup. Many states are getting on board to prevention programs but it takes time and money something our state workers don't have very much of.

I think that the foster care systems should be judged by the sate. Our foster care system is actually very efficient. Our services are privatized and we have multiple services that are extremely accesible. I have never felt that my foster children were getting less than what they deserved. Often they have felt lucky to have been given more than what they had before and a safe environment. Of course there will always be those horrendous child care cases that get splashed all over the media. But you cannot blame a system that yes, is there for the cleanup. Many states are getting on board to prevention programs but it takes time and money something our state workers don't have very much of.

Good first post. Welcome aboard. :)

That has not been the experience of myself and others I know, but I can accept that there are functional aspects of the system. Areas of higher privilege get more funding, and yes the private side is probably going to be cleaner than the government run side.

My critique of the state of the system is secondary to my view that foster care and adoption are just cleanup/damage control and we should not view them as the solution to women aborting. Both abortion and foster care are part of sane social policy to minimize delitirious effects to society.

I agree. It is an already overburdened system. What would your solution be for fixing the larger problem? I personally think its a societal problem brought on by lack of education and community support.

Back
Top Bottom