• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

13 year old girl recovered after 3 months of confinement by her parents murderer

OldFatGuy

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It's been all over the headline. The kidnapping victim escapes her abductor after 3 months of captivity by the man who nobody paid any attention to, and murdered her parents to get her. Yet not a word here.

The media is being told the police have no idea if she was abused. Likely, she was abused. Yet the media flashes her name and will tell her story, and underage victim identified for lurid benefit of the press and the audience. How does this story affect you?

Well known story already so when she was found alive and well, most people already had seen her picture and knew her story...I did...I'm just happy she's alive...what a brave, strong little girl!

It's been all over the headline. The kidnapping victim escapes her abductor after 3 months of captivity by the man who nobody paid any attention to, and murdered her parents to get her. Yet not a word here.

The media is being told the police have no idea if she was abused. Likely, she was abused. Yet the media flashes her name and will tell her story, and underage victim identified for lurid benefit of the press and the audience. How does this story affect you?

It reminds me to keep my 454 loaded and in a retrievable spot while in my home. No stupid locking device. Someone enters I need to treat them as an immediate threat.

It reminds me to keep my 454 loaded and in a retrievable spot while in my home. No stupid locking device. Someone enters I need to treat them as an immediate threat.

I hope you don't have any children...

I want to know more, I feel that I need to know more, somebody had better tell me more.

Right now as of last night (I am busy today) I dont know what to make of it.

Like one who could get hold of your unlocked, loaded gun...
I wonder if that’s how Jaymes father felt. Right before his execution.

Well known story already so when she was found alive and well, most people already had seen her picture and knew her story...I did...I'm just happy she's alive...what a brave, strong little girl!

I believe yours is a common response. That is not a negative. Her survival and escape are admirable.

Yet there is the question of a quiet, unassuming man, living in an everyday community not being perceived as the predator he is. Not much different than the boys of Columbine, or any of the other mass shooters, or serial killers like the charming Ted Bundy. How do we as a society protect ourselves from these predators that slither about with no notice? This predator was on no one's watch list, suspect list, whatever. How many others are there, possibly just down the block?

Your gun won't stop him. He's already shot you.

I want to know more, I feel that I need to know more, somebody had better tell me more.

Right now as of last night (I am busy today) I dont know what to make of it.

Why do you want to know more?

Hows Pravda reading these days?

Stalin claimed the Soviet Union was Paradise, without murderers, serial killers, perverts, etc. until Citizen X and the Railroad Serial Killer were exposed and caught. He shut up about paradise on earth.

Stalin claimed the Soviet Union was Paradise, without murderers, serial killers, perverts, etc. until Citizen X and the Railroad Serial Killer were exposed and caught. He shut up about paradise on earth.
Vladimir was actually robbed on the highway because his entourage was unarmed. The robber had just a revolver. What sickens me is after they find the DNA from the kidnapper on Jayme is why don’t they just go ahead and cap the ****er.

I believe yours is a common response. That is not a negative. Her survival and escape are admirable.

Yet there is the question of a quiet, unassuming man, living in an everyday community not being perceived as the predator he is. Not much different than the boys of Columbine, or any of the other mass shooters, or serial killers like the charming Ted Bundy. How do we as a society protect ourselves from these predators that slither about with no notice? This predator was on no one's watch list, suspect list, whatever. How many others are there, possibly just down the block?

He was a perfectly sane rational militia member carrying his legal gun lawfully. Until he wasn't, and he murdered two people with it.

Vladimir was actually robbed on the highway because his entourage was unarmed. The robber had just a revolver. What sickens me is after they find the DNA from the kidnapper on Jayme is why don’t they just go ahead and cap the ****er.

If they do and it is likely, being a society based on law, we will process the him through the law and then deliver appropriate punishment. Personally, I prefer the punishment be slow and drawn out. More psychologically drawn out than an easy death. You misappropriate the victims in the story. It was Lenin, not Stalin who suffered the robbery.

We are a nation of laws not vigilantism.

He was a perfectly sane rational militia member carrying his legal gun lawfully. Until he wasn't, and he murdered two people with it.

That is not true. Why must you lie and disgrace yourself over such a serious matter?

Why do you want to know more?

Knowledge is power is the short answer. I am driven to continue to expand my understanding of that that goes on around me just as I am to continue to better understand myself. What has me intrigued mostly is that she is still alive.....I cant figure out why he did not do what he wanted to do with her and then kill her so that he was less likely to get caught after all that thinking he did to make sure that he was not caught....why so careful to start and then so careless?

Was she a trophy and he needed her to be alive to be a trophy maybe?

IDK

My gun will stop him. He has to come through closed and locked doors first. I never leave my doors unlocked.
This will alert me to the danger. Even if he shoots me first, I still MAY have the ability to put one in his boiler room.
The fact I practice every third day helps with my hit probability.
I also keep a loaded revolver in all of our common rooms within easy reach of me. A revolver needs nothing to fire it but a pull of the trigger, so this means it is very fast to get into action. It can also be left untouched for years and still fire just fine. No springs are compressed, no safeties to take off, and no magazines to jam up.
At living room distances they are all very deadly.
Two fire the .44 Special, and the other fires the .45 Automatic round. ALL proven man stoppers.

I take to heart the old Viking saying, " Never be more than three steps away from your weapon ".

When my granddaughter stays over, I show her exactly where they are and she is used to it because my son does the same.

I hope you use .45 Colt loads in it instead of the full powered Casual loads.
More control and less over-penetration.

(but you probably already do, so my apologies)

My gun will stop him. He has to come through closed and locked doors first. I never leave my doors unlocked.
This will alert me to the danger. Even if he shoots me first, I still MAY have the ability to put one in his boiler room.
The fact I practice every third day helps with my hit probability.
I also keep a loaded revolver in all of our common rooms within easy reach of me. A revolver needs nothing to fire it but a pull of the trigger, so this means it is very fast to get into action. It can also be left untouched for years and still fire just fine. No springs are compressed, no safeties to take off, and no magazines to jam up.
At living room distances they are all very deadly.
Two fire the .44 Special, and the other fires the .45 Automatic round. ALL proven man stoppers.

I take to heart the old Viking saying, " Never be more than three steps away from your weapon ".

When my granddaughter stays over, I show her exactly where they are and she is used to it because my son does the same.

David killed Goliath with a single stone from his shepherd's sling.

David killed Goliath with a single stone from his shepherd's sling.

This David will use a .308. for distance shots.

If intruders invade my home I can bring any one of my revolvers into action much quicker than looking for stones and finding my sling. I DO have one, BTW. Three actually. They are fun. A skilled guy over the internet made me them out of 550 paracord.
It is also hard to swing it around in the living room or bedroom without hitting the wife upside the head or knocking over a lamp.
It is also very slow for repeat shots.

If David had a .308, or a revolver, he would have used it.
His load for bullet weight, powder charge, and primer selection would have been written into scripture.

As it is, this David does have a few divine recipes of his own for various calibers, as do most reloaders.

Last edited:

This is a very sad evidence of growing savage brutal ungodliness in America. What a shame.

This is a very sad evidence of growing savage brutal ungodliness in America. What a shame.

Is non-custodial kidnapping increasing? Or are we hearing about it more because we live in an age of insta-information?

Back
Top Bottom