• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

13 shot at Chicago basketball court; 3 year old critical

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Rick Moran
September 20, 2013

Here's a mass shooting that probably won't elicit calls for more gun control.

Chicago Sun Times: (http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/22678686-418/10-shot-in-back-of-the-yards-park.html)

Thirteen people were shot - including a 3-year-old boy - Thursday night at a South Side park when two gunmen opened fire on a group gathered at a basketball court in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

As bullets began to fly about 10:15 p.m., the group scattered, taking cover wherever they could at Cornell Square Park, police and witnesses said.

Julian Harris, 22, said his 3-year-old nephew, Deonta "Tay-man" Howard, was shot in the face.

Deonta was taken in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, according to Fire Media Affairs.

Harris said dreadlocked gunmen in a gray sedan fired at him at the corner of Wood and 51st before turning north on Wood and shooting up the park. According to other witnesses, two gunman got out of the car and began shooting.

Police said the shooting was gang-related, but they could not describe how the shooting occurred.

"They hit the light pole next to me but I ducked down and ran into the house," Harris said. "They've been coming round here looking for people to shoot every night - just gang-banging stuff. It's what they do."

The young boy's aunt, Lavada Hardeman, 18, said her brother, was killed on Labor Day.

"I can't catch a break," Hardeman said.

The 3-year-old's uncle, Jerome "J Money" Wood, a rapper who was affiliated with Def Jam artist Durk "Lil Durk" Banks, was shot in the head and died on Sept. 2 in the 6600 block of South Rhodes in the Woodlawn neighborhood.

Corey Brooks, pastor of New Beginnings Church on the South Side presided over Wood's funeral. He said he was called early Friday to again comfort the family at the hospital.

"They're frustrated, upset and hurt and disappointed that this is just happening over and over and over in our community," Brooks said.​
The Washington Post has a later report that says 2 others besides the child were critically wounded.

Read more:
Blog: 13 shot at Chicago basketball court; 3 year old critical

I wonder if Obama or any of his flunkies will have anything to say about this mass shooting in Chicago? Will Sen. Feinstein go through the same spiel about gun control? Will they keep quiet because this is a black on black crime?

Rick Moran
September 20, 2013

Chicago Sun Times: (http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/22678686-418/10-shot-in-back-of-the-yards-park.html)

Thirteen people were shot - including a 3-year-old boy - Thursday night at a South Side park when two gunmen opened fire on a group gathered at a basketball court in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

As bullets began to fly about 10:15 p.m., the group scattered, taking cover wherever they could at Cornell Square Park, police and witnesses said.

Julian Harris, 22, said his 3-year-old nephew, Deonta "Tay-man" Howard, was shot in the face.

Deonta was taken in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, according to Fire Media Affairs.

Harris said dreadlocked gunmen in a gray sedan fired at him at the corner of Wood and 51st before turning north on Wood and shooting up the park. According to other witnesses, two gunman got out of the car and began shooting.

Police said the shooting was gang-related, but they could not describe how the shooting occurred.

"They hit the light pole next to me but I ducked down and ran into the house," Harris said. "They've been coming round here looking for people to shoot every night - just gang-banging stuff. It's what they do."

The young boy's aunt, Lavada Hardeman, 18, said her brother, was killed on Labor Day.

The 3-year-old's uncle, Jerome "J Money" Wood, a rapper who was affiliated with Def Jam artist Durk "Lil Durk" Banks, was shot in the head and died on Sept. 2 in the 6600 block of South Rhodes in the Woodlawn neighborhood.

Corey Brooks, pastor of New Beginnings Church on the South Side presided over Wood's funeral. He said he was called early Friday to again comfort the family at the hospital.

"They're frustrated, upset and hurt and disappointed that this is just happening over and over and over in our community," Brooks said.​
The Washington Post has a later report that says 2 others besides the child were critically wounded.

Read more:

I wonder if Obama or any of his flunkies will have anything to say about this mass shooting in Chicago? Will Sen. Feinstein go through the same spiel about gun control? Will they keep quiet because this is a black on black crime?

I wonder if Wehrwolfen has a particular point to make with this post, or if it's just a little more of his 'I hate Obama hate and fear bull ****'.

I notice that he doesn't bother to offer any solution to this never-ending violence so my guess is that he doesn't have one and is just trying to spread a little more hate and fear with his post.

Last edited:
Why do airplane crashes make the news, but car crashes don't?
Answer: Because car crashes happen all the time.

Why do shootings at schools and military installations make the news, but gang shootings don't?

Answer, I have no idea. Must be racism or something. I'm sure it's Obama's fault.

Why do airplane crashes make the news, but car crashes don't?
Answer: Because car crashes happen all the time.

Why do shootings at schools and military installations make the news, but gang shootings don't?

Answer, I have no idea. Must be racism or something. I'm sure it's Obama's fault.

I'm sure that if we could just get Obama out of the White House all of the violence in the USA would immediately cease (Or at least slow down a little.)

Maybe Wehrwolfen has some thoughts on this.

Was the shooter white ? Was there a Tea Party connection ? How scary looking was the AR-15 ?

Rick Moran
September 20, 2013

Read more:

Well you do have a point here. 13 is the same number killed in the Navy yard shooting. Why isn't this a national story?

Was the shooter white ? Was there a Tea Party connection ? How scary looking was the AR-15 ?

Heya Apache. :2wave: They have no clue.....the shooter isn't identified. Nothing but a grey car was identified. Didn't even say if it had plates. Nothing but that it is gang related. Which we have some of that going on in the other thread.

I notice that he doesn't bother to offer any solution to this never-ending violence so my guess is that he doesn't have one and is just trying to spread a little more hate and fear with his post.

One doesn't need to have a "solution" to comment on a problem. World hunger is a problem. I don't know the solution to world hunger, therefore I shouldn't comment on it?..LMAO...right..whatever... :roll:

We all see the problem of disproportionate levels of crime and violence by blacks in america.
We know exactly who is causing the problem. We've heard all the excuses and deflections already.

Do you have the solution?

I wonder if Wehrwolfen has a particular point to make with this post, or if it's just a little more of his 'I hate Obama hate and fear bull ****'.

The OP pointed out a huge immediate problem and negatively characterized the single person in the US who could do something about the problem, but chooses to not even notice it.

Your post ignores the problem completely and attacks the OP who poined out the problem.

That is incredibly problematic posting that results in continuation of senseless deaths and demands a cessation of further discussion of the problem. Mindless hackery actually. One could only hope for more maturity and responsibility in the future.

Last edited:
The OP poined out a huge immediate problem and negatively characterized the single person in the US who could do something about the problem, but chooses to not even notice it.

Your post ignores the problem completely and attacks the OP who poined out the problem.

That is mindless, problematic posting that results in continuation of senseless deaths and demands a cessation of further discussion of the problem. Mindless hackery actually. One could only hope for more maturity and responsibility in the future.

You think one person can solve a problem that existed for generations?

you first understand what makes people want to join a gang in the first place. why event inspired the creation of gang's

You think one person can solve a problem that existed for generations?

you first understand what makes people want to join a gang in the first place. why event inspired the creation of gang's

NO! Do not EVER attempt to lead others into analyzing and so nebulously discussing a problem that you render it completely incapable of resolution.

If only Romney had won, this still would have happened.

The OP pointed out a huge immediate problem and negatively characterized the single person in the US who could do something about the problem, but chooses to not even notice it.

OK, you guys are all about "the Constitution!" Where in the Constitution does it say that the President has that kind of authority?

NO! Do not EVER attempt to lead others into analyzing and so nebulously looking at a problem that you render it completely incapable of resolution.

there is no simple solution to gangs in Chicago, and it must be approached in multiple ways.

to use a historical example, what created the need for the Sicilian's to form a mafia?

NO! Do not EVER attempt to lead others into analyzing and so nebulously discussing a problem that you render it completely incapable of resolution.

What is that? Random words linked together in an attempt to appear profound?

That looks like fun..Let me try a couple.

The damage offsets the apparatus.

The argument formulates the substantial estimate.

Hey, that's fun! Pseudo intellectual jargon and gibberish...

Ok.You like "resolution"?..Tell us how to resolve the problem.

What is that? Random words linked together in an attempt to appear profound?

That looks like fun..Let me try a couple.

The damage offsets the apparatus.

The argument formulates the substantial estimate.

Hey, that's fun! Pseudo intellectual jargon and gibberish...

Ok.You like "resolution"?..Tell us how to resolve the problem.

Don't let "Big words" frighten you. It only requires the simplist of intellects to understand a demand to focus on resolution rather than to focus on endless Liberal bureaucratic overanalysis. Try it again and perhaps your posts will evidence less confusion and frustration.

Last edited:
Well you do have a point here. 13 is the same number killed in the Navy
yard shooting. Why isn't this a national story?

Navy yards don't typically experience this much violence every weekend.

I think the distinction is pretty apparent between the two.

Well you do have a point here. 13 is the same number killed in the Navy yard shooting. Why isn't this a national story?

Because this just adds 13 more blacks murdered by other blacks to the list of 400 or so already killed in that fair city. You remember reading about the other 400, right? Neither do I.

God only knows how many gang bangers their are in Chicago. Assuming the number of them is around 150,000 it would mean that they have a risk of violent death that is an order of magnitude higher than that of a US combat soldier in the Middle East. It's literally a war zone.

You know what the attitude of many of the blacks who live there toward criminal violence is? Don't snitch. In other words, don't bring the police in, they will take care of it, probably by popping a cap in someone's head.

Gangs exist because so many youths are growing up unsupervised and in poverty. They grow up unsupervised and in poverty because their mothers are single parents. Their mothers are single parents because the Great Society and the welfare state destroyed the black family and the black community.

Here's an idea: We should regard single mothers and their children as wards of the state and put them in something like an orphanage or in foster care where the children could get proper supervision. This is how the problem of single parents was handled in the 1700s and 1800s. If she was unable to stay with her own family or had none the mother and her children were sent to live with another family, often in a position of servitude.

I know, I know, that's not going to fly and would probably be unconstitutional. But rebuilding the family and the community in poor areas seems too much like putting the toothpaste back in the tube. I don't think we can get to there from here.

Maybe we could wall off that part of the city and just wait for things to calm down. This would be a very libertarian solution, execept for the part about spending government money on the wall. The theory is that left to their own devices people would organize themselves to make their community safer and more livable.

Yeah, I know. I'm really being a scumbag today. :twisted:

But sending youth out to be murdered in a war zone is inhumane, and our nation is being evil to ignore it. Radical solutions seem in order. :peace

Don't let "Big words" frighten you. It only requires the simplist of intellects to understand a demand to focus on resolution rather than endless bureaucratic overanalysis. Try it again and perhaps your posts will evidence less confusion and frustration.
hahahaha..you're funny!...I'm not "frightened" by "big words"..LMAO...I recognize jargon when I see it and it doesn't "confuse" or "frustrate me". It amuses me..you flatter yourself...
Often, people's vocabulary exceeds their education. Go find the correct spelling of the word you wrote as "simplist", for example. ;)

So you're big on "resolution"..and "solutions"..Great!

How would you "resolve" the crime problems we've been discussing. What are your "solutions"?
You disparage others just for mentioning the black crime problem but not knowing how to "solve" it.... while you desperately avoid offering any of your own.

Navy yards don't typically experience this much violence every weekend.

I think the distinction is pretty apparent between the two.

So mass shootings are only newsworthy depending on location?

Back
Top Bottom