• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

13 Hurt In Downtown Austin Shooting; Suspect Not In Custody

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Another mass shooting event, this one very much reminiscent of what happened in Dayton, OH a few years back. Guy shoots at folks enjoying the local entertainment district.

Good news here though is that no one died. Bad news is that we can't even enjoy a night out on the town without concerns that some nut will shoot the place up.

Another mass shooting event, this one very much reminiscent of what happened in Dayton, OH a few years back. Guy shoots at folks enjoying the local entertainment district.

Good news here though is that no one died. Bad news is that we can't even enjoy a night out on the town without concerns that some nut will shoot the place up.
Sounds like another "driveby." First aid probably saved a lot of those lives. Good on the police!

Sounds like another "driveby." First aid probably saved a lot of those lives. Good on the police!
I wonder if it was politically motivated. Most of rural Texas hates Austin.

What odds a False Flag ?

Predicted , and , My Oh My , coincidence strikes .

You will see a run of strange things in Texas , which perhaps started with that very odd weather event .

You cannot break the Covid narratives and also set up your own wall building project without paying the Deep State its price .

But you still need one a week to even get within smelling distance of Chicago or Baltimore.

this will not be classified as a mass shooting.

I wonder if it was politically motivated. Most of rural Texas hates Austin.
They'll probably figure it out with a little time. Keep us posted, okay?

What odds a False Flag ?

You will see a run of strange things in Texas , which perhaps started with that very odd weather event .

You cannot break the Covid narratives and also set up your own wall building project without paying the Deep State its price .

But you still need one a week to even get within smelling distance of Chicago or Baltimore.
this is your first post regarding a shooting of over 10 people?

They'll probably figure it out with a little time. Keep us posted, okay?
If it ends up political, the story will be splashed all over the news.

Sad, huh? Those people gushing blood probably feel just as shot as the people who die.
we never talk about all the Americans that are shot each year and survive.

this will not be classified as a mass shooting.
actually, it already is. Mass shooting doesn't mean more than multiple victims...and the victims do not have to have died. We just had one at a store I frequent about every other day....was headed there when some moron went in with a gun and shot a child that had just turned 2 and the grandmother of the child...then shot himself. He made violent threats on Facebook yet our present Republican controlled government thinks he should have not had his gun removed..(red flag laws would have disarmed him) Victim doesn't mean dead...it means injured, physically, mentally or emotionally.....by some perpetrator.

we never talk about all the Americans that are shot each year and survive.
It would certainly matter to me if I were shot and lived. I always think of the "injured," as well as victims.

expanding on the people who are shot and survive. so 76,650 are shot each year and survive. in an average lifetime (assuming a person lives to be 80yo) then in those 80 years ~ 6.1 million Americans will be shot but survive...

DAILY GUN VIOLENCE IMPACTING PEOPLE OF ALL AGES IN THE U.S.​

Every day, 316 people are shot in the United States. Among those:
  • 106 people are shot and killed
  • 210 survive gunshot injuries
  • 95 are intentionally shot by someone else and survive
  • 39 are murdered
  • 10 survive an attempted gun suicide
  • 1 is killed unintentionally
  • 90 are shot unintentionally and survive
  • 1 is killed by legal intervention*
  • 4 are shot by legal intervention and survive
  • 1 died but the intent was unknown
  • 12 are shot and survive but the intent was unknown

expanding on the people who are shot and survive. so 76,650 are shot each year and survive...
Wow! I thought this figure was only in the 50's, which is pretty bad in it's own right. But, damn. Nearly 80,000 surviving gunshot victims plus the 40,000 dead ones per year in the US...that's roughly 35 per 100,000.

Yay guns!

actually, it already is. Mass shooting doesn't mean more than multiple victims...and the victims do not have to have died. We just had one at a store I frequent about every other day....was headed there when some moron went in with a gun and shot a child that had just turned 2 and the grandmother of the child...then shot himself. He made violent threats on Facebook yet our present Republican controlled government thinks he should have not had his gun removed..(red flag laws would have disarmed him) Victim doesn't mean dead...it means injured, physically, mentally or emotionally.....by some perpetrator.
yeah. i used the wrong word. plus no one died in this mass "shooting".

"According to the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012, signed into law in January 2013, a mass killing is defined as a killing with at least three deaths, excluding the perpetrator.

An unofficial definition of a mass shooting is an event involving the shooting (not necessarily resulting in death) of five or more people (sometimes four)[14] with no cooling-off period."

Wow! I thought this figure was only in the 50's, which is pretty bad in it's own right. But, damn. Nearly 80,000 surviving gunshot victims plus the 40,000 dead ones per year in the US...

Yay guns!
at least they survived...

Every day, 316 people are shot in the United States. Among those:

• 1 is killed by legal intervention*
  • 4 are shot by legal intervention and survive
So only 5 of the 316 daily shooting victims were hit by a "good guy" with a gun. Well, that's gonna crap all over the NRA narrative.

lol...I can hear the dishonest counterargument already. "The other 311 are just gangbangers!"

What odds a False Flag ?

What the hell are you raving about now? Do you have any idea? Hint; stay out of the sun; it'll scramble your brain-as evidenced in your post. Oh, and by the way my injected 'bio-weapon' seems to be malfunctioning. Should I contact Bill Gates or try troubleshooting myself?

Last edited:
The news on this is still a bit all over the place, suspect not in custody and no real information on why it happened.

But something has to give and I cannot help but note the escalation in our divisions seems to have some correlation to our violence. Perhaps I am wrong but there seems to be an uptick in both the shootings that grab the headlines *and* the inner city violence that is typically not covered as much.

It is as if we are pushing ourselves towards more of this nonsense.

Never let a tragedy go to waste for your anti-gun dreams.

Never let a tragedy go to waste for your anti-gun dreams.
It's guns and America's obsession with the useless things which cause these tragedies. And don't give me any 'only bad guys...' crap. Everyone is a good guy until the day he decides to shoot people. Your gun culture is an obscenity; how embarrassing it must be for such an advanced nation to be behaving like a third world banana republic.

It's guns and America's obsession with the useless things which cause these tragedies. And don't give me any 'only bad guys...' crap. Everyone is a good guy until the day he decides to shoot people. Your gun culture is an obscenity; how embarrassing it must be for such an advanced nation to be behaving like a third world banana republic.
lol....Did the gun tell him to do it? Come on man....The gun is a tool nothing more....It's like saying that we all have to use sporks from now on because knives kill people....

Absolutely spot on SMTA....We have no idea of what motivated this shooter to do what he did, and it was tragic....I would like to know why he did it....
Who cares why? It's a bit late to be concerning yourself about motivation; it doesn't help those who got shot, and I very much doubt that they care 'why' either. Want to take a guess how many people in Britain died from gunshot in 2019, the last year figures are available for? Thirty three (33). Your numbers are obscene.

Back
Top Bottom