• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

120 Days to Go Until the Largest Tax Hikes in History.

TurtleDude

Your envy driven dribble fails on several grounds in addition to the fact that you appear infected by class hatred

Class hatred??? I didn’t say these words (The greater good would most likely be advanced if irresponsible people were prevented from breeding) YOU did. :shock:

1) first of all the dem schemes mean my tax rates will be higher than they were under the massive clinton tax hikes

And rightfully so.

The Myth of a Return to Clinton-era Taxes — The American, A Magazine of Ideas

2) the second fallacy you operate under is the assumption that the choice is between screwing those who already pay a huge share of the tax even more versus helping people who cannot find jobs. There is absolutely no evidence that merely jacking up taxes on those of us who pay far more than any objective definition of "fair share" will help those without jobs

Didn’t say anything, nor did I imply that it would be saving/adding jobs, directly.

It would be a big boost in confidence that our country is serious about the debt we are incurring. The more confidence, the higher your trust fund stocks goes, pretty soon its on to the next bubble and the good times are here again. :2dance:

3) finally you have consistently demonstrated that your math skills suck--a 3.6 % increase in the tax rate results in a far higher increase in the amount of taxes paid than a mere 3% as you have stated. a 3.6% from 36 to 39% is close to a 10% increase in taxes (what is 3.9 as a percentage of 36?)

Point out where I applied my, admittedly sucky math skills? :confused:

What I did do, was expose your lameass attempt at accusing me of attempted evasion, when I pointed out to you a snip from “ A Dictionary of Economics “which said “Economic demand can be stimulated by reducing the tax burden on lower incomes while raising the burden on higher incomes”.

Kinda looks like your taking your usual deflect and divert path, yet again. Kinda sad.

"rightfully so"

explain

all I see is envy and spite

your authority is silly and There are many reasons why tax hikes are bad including its unfair to those who already pay far more than they use

but edify us as how society is better off when fewer and fewer people pay for most of government

"rightfully so"

explain

all I see is envy and spite

your authority is silly and There are many reasons why tax hikes are bad including its unfair to those who already pay far more than they use

but edify us as how society is better off when fewer and fewer people pay for most of government

Actually the major part of the taxes hit me the hardest according to the latest CBO (June 2010) report. So whatcha bitchen about?

(Middle-class households that earned between $34,300 and $141,900 paid 50.5 percent of all federal tax revenues in 2007 (the most recent year analyzed), according to the CBO study released Thursday, and households that earned between $34,300 and $352,900 paid 66.7 percent of all federal taxes.)

Middle Class--Not the Rich or the Poor--Pay Majority of Federal Taxes, Says CBO Data | CNSnews.com

http://www.cbo.gov/publications/collections/tax/2010/AverageFedTaxRates2007.pdf

Actually the major part of the taxes hit me the hardest according to the latest CBO (June 2010) report. So whatcha bitchen about?

(Middle-class households that earned between $34,300 and $141,900 paid 50.5 percent of all federal tax revenues in 2007 (the most recent year analyzed), according to the CBO study released Thursday, and households that earned between $34,300 and $352,900 paid 66.7 percent of all federal taxes.)

Middle Class--Not the Rich or the Poor--Pay Majority of Federal Taxes, Says CBO Data | CNSnews.com

http://www.cbo.gov/publications/collections/tax/2010/AverageFedTaxRates2007.pdf

you all use far more than the top does. you all need to pay more. the top 1% pays 40% of the income tax and almost all if not all of the death tax

ideally everyone should pay less tax and the power grab by congress called the progressive income tax should be abolished.

that group you mention is many times more people than the top 1%. the top 5% pay more than half the income taxes. the top 10% pay 60% of the income taxes but the fact remains, the top 1% pay far more taxes than any group of similar numbuers.

352K a year puts you in the top 1% BTW

The article you cite notes that the top taxpayers pay a higher percentage of the burden now than they did a few years ago and you want that to become even heavier

BTW what government provided benefits do that top 1% get for paying far more of the tax burden than any other group of similar size?

BTW what government provided benefits do that top 1% get for paying far more of the tax burden than any other group of similar size?

The benefit of being the top 1%. You do not believe the top 1% would be able to get to this position without the benefit of the US government?! Consider mass liquidationism.

you all use far more than the top does. you all need to pay more. the top 1% pays 40% of the income tax and almost all if not all of the death tax

ideally everyone should pay less tax and the power grab by congress called the progressive income tax should be abolished.

that group you mention is many times more people than the top 1%. the top 5% pay more than half the income taxes. the top 10% pay 60% of the income taxes but the fact remains, the top 1% pay far more taxes than any group of similar numbuers.

352K a year puts you in the top 1% BTW

Hhmm..this snip from a poem written by Yeats, called (THE SECOND COMING) comes to mind. Mainly because it was written during the 20s, when fortunes were built and income disparity that grew to a 24:1 in favor of the top 1%.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

We all knew what followed that don’t we? The crash of 29, followed shortly by the Hoover Depression which was followed by the new deal, (which the wingers have been trying to undo since it was enacted) followed by the regulation of the banks. Tax reform followed that, then WW11 and the VETS that made it home, got the GI BILL. Which meant the Vets of the Greatest Generation, with limited means, could get a bargain basement, education and move into the emerging middle class.

While this was going on the spread between the top 1% and the new emerging middle class of said VETs, of the Greatest Generation, saw the disparity shrink to 8:1. Also during this period the GDP was averaging almost 5%. This was a pretty good neighborhood to be in…at least it was until 1980 when the gipper hit the nabe.:(

Lets take a peek at what happened after the good ship gipper landed shall we? For one thing the average income of the top 1% started its trajectory to where it is now, almost 256%. While that was happening the GDP started shrinking until it hit 2.5%,this started after gipper began cutting taxes.

I can hear the gears in turtledudes dome registering tilt, does not compute. The memo I got from RNC this morning???… must hit hot key number two (the one that has class envy in it). ;)

So where is the income disparity now? Why it’s bumping along almost at where it was in the roaring 20s,at around 23.5.The big number in favor of the top 1%.

If you prefer IRS data, the top 1% taxpayers increased their share of the nation's pre-tax adjusted gross income from 10 percent in 1980 to 23.5 percent (in 2007). Gettin kinda spooky eh?

Now for one of your other hot keys turtledude, the one that says that you pay the highest tax rate. With a half way decent accountant we both know that is not the truth. If you exploit the various deductions and loopholes, you’re effective rate would be approximately 25 percent and that’s including state and local.

Their even screwin our seniors, who have paid into social security for their entire working lives. Heres how.

More and more wages are concentrated in fewer and fewer paychecks, making less of it is subject to Social security taxes .These overpaid swells have a good portion of their pay coming in stock options or some other type of compensation.

Goodnight turtleduck I have to hit the bunk, gotta early auction tomorrow. Poor dude went bankrupt; been a family business for fifty years. Couldn’t compete with the Chinese and the tax breaks for corporations moving most of their work off shore.

Just that he is whining all over the forum about how unfair it is for his tax rate getting kicked back up to where it was ten years before.

Then compare that to “it looks kinda trivial to me. Especially when you find that he has said that his tax rate is in the very top of the pyramid.

Even this ole trucker can figure that one out. Ten years of a hundred G tax break,=a cool MILL. Nah let him carry some of the burden for the country for a while. Here rev, read my post while listening to this song, it’ll give you some perspective. Might want to watch the vid as well.:thumbs:

i still don't see how one has to do with the other, it's a nonsensical comparison.....

so truckers use truck stops, while folks in new york go to shows on broadway.... :roll:

Hhmm..this snip from a poem written by Yeats, called (THE SECOND COMING) comes to mind. Mainly because it was written during the 20s, when fortunes were built and income disparity that grew to a 24:1 in favor of the top 1%.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

We all knew what followed that don’t we? The crash of 29, followed shortly by the Hoover Depression which was followed by the new deal, (which the wingers have been trying to undo since it was enacted) followed by the regulation of the banks. Tax reform followed that, then WW11 and the VETS that made it home, got the GI BILL. Which meant the Vets of the Greatest Generation, with limited means, could get a bargain basement, education and move into the emerging middle class.

While this was going on the spread between the top 1% and the new emerging middle class of said VETs, of the Greatest Generation, saw the disparity shrink to 8:1. Also during this period the GDP was averaging almost 5%. This was a pretty good neighborhood to be in…at least it was until 1980 when the gipper hit the nabe.:(

Lets take a peek at what happened after the good ship gipper landed shall we? For one thing the average income of the top 1% started its trajectory to where it is now, almost 256%. While that was happening the GDP started shrinking until it hit 2.5%,this started after gipper began cutting taxes.

I can hear the gears in turtledudes dome registering tilt, does not compute. The memo I got from RNC this morning???… must hit hot key number two (the one that has class envy in it). ;)

So where is the income disparity now? Why it’s bumping along almost at where it was in the roaring 20s,at around 23.5.The big number in favor of the top 1%.

If you prefer IRS data, the top 1% taxpayers increased their share of the nation's pre-tax adjusted gross income from 10 percent in 1980 to 23.5 percent (in 2007). Gettin kinda spooky eh?

Now for one of your other hot keys turtledude, the one that says that you pay the highest tax rate. With a half way decent accountant we both know that is not the truth. If you exploit the various deductions and loopholes, you’re effective rate would be approximately 25 percent and that’s including state and local.

Their even screwin our seniors, who have paid into social security for their entire working lives. Heres how.

More and more wages are concentrated in fewer and fewer paychecks, making less of it is subject to Social security taxes .These overpaid swells have a good portion of their pay coming in stock options or some other type of compensation.

Goodnight turtleduck I have to hit the bunk, gotta early auction tomorrow. Poor dude went bankrupt; been a family business for fifty years. Couldn’t compete with the Chinese and the tax breaks for corporations moving most of their work off shore.

In the last paragraph you may have stumbled on the real problem and answer.

Should it not be aparent to all that a key reason for the meltdown in the middle class is globalization. If people do realize that why attack the result which is income disparity and work on the cause which is making unskilled and semi-skilled workers compete with their peers throughtout the world.

So instead of demonizing the people with higher income in this environment admit what the problem is. Then tell folks that the trade off is higher prices for all sorts of goods in the U.S. to subsidize the incomes of people who are hurt by this trend.

Politicians understand this choice. They choose to let people attack each other rather than address this messy issue.

washunut

In the last paragraph you may have stumbled on the real problem and answer.

Should it not be aparent to all that a key reason for the meltdown in the middle class is globalization. If people do realize that why attack the result which is income disparity and work on the cause which is making unskilled and semi-skilled workers compete with their peers throughtout the world.

True, one of the many Clinton fu,s, including signing the repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act.

So instead of demonizing the people with higher income in this environment admit what the problem is.

When is calling for someone to pay the tax that they paid ten years ago “demonizing the people with higher income “? :confused:

Then tell folks that the trade off is higher prices for all sorts of goods in the U.S. to subsidize the incomes of people who are hurt by this trend.

WhattheHell are you talking about here?

What will these higher taxes actually accomplish?

1) lib politicians can claim they are doing something about the deficit even though they continue to spend recklessly

2) whining losers will feel good that winners are being soaked

3) Dems will buy the votes of #2

4) other countries will benefit when the best and the brightest move out of the USA

Decreased deficit. A reduction in spending would be pretty sweet too.

that is funny given the fact that the Obamanian idiotic spending cannot be made up with even a 100% tax on all income above 200K

that is funny given the fact that the Obamanian idiotic spending cannot be made up with even a 100% tax on all income above 200K

Yes. We'll need to end these wars and actually deal with the Medicare/Social Security demographic problems. These are big things that will require bipartisan efforts, but that's pretty hard when the other side is calling you The Devil.

Yes. We'll need to end these wars and actually deal with the Medicare/Social Security demographic problems. These are big things that will require bipartisan efforts, but that's pretty hard when the other side is calling you The Devil.

actually we call the left idiots because they want to jack up taxes on the rich (who aren't the people voting for the big entitlements) but want to keep the majority of voters from having to pay for all the crap they vote for.

the libs cannot cut income redistributive spending-its how they buy votes

Back
Top Bottom