• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

12 year old fatally shoots 12 year old at middle school

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Story.

A 12-year-old student was fatally shot by a classmate at a South Carolina middle school, officials said on Thursday.
The suspected shooter, also 12, was arrested and charged with murder and other firearm charges in the shooting at Tanglewood Middle School in Greenville, according to the Greenville County Sheriff's Office.

School link.

Front page:

canvas.PNG

School report card

OUR WORK: HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR 2021-2022
Mural 6th grade social studies students worked with a visiting artist to explore the idea of art as protest and create a mural with that theme.

Proficiency ratings are off the charts:

prof.PNG

Achievements and Honors

Black History Celebration
Hispanic Heritage Month
Upstate Diversity Leadership Award Outstanding K-12 School: William "Bill" T. Wylie Valued Lives Award for School Excellence in Diversity 2020

div.PNG

Although already doing a fantastic job academically that any parent would be proud of, I have a few suggestions that would make Tanglewood the envy of the country:

1. There are only two Black fists in the mural. For the next one, perhaps have a group of Blacks (at least 5) raising their fists in solidarity and protest.
2. Extend the duration of the Hispanic Heritage and Black History celebrations.
3. To continue championing diversity, reduce white students to under 10%.

If the other 12-year-old had a gun this wouldn't have happened. The school should arm them all. There's no age restriction in the 2nd Amendment.

I assume that the Caucasian students who are currently there are (a) the children of liberals who want their children to start getting used to the diverse country that they will be living in or (b) the children of parents who lack the money to send their children to a private school.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that the shooter was bullied by the victim or perceived something like that in their 12 year old brain.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that the shooter is allowed to play first person shooter type video games make shooting someone seem “acceptable”.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see poverty or mental health issues in the shooters family.

My heart breaks for both families, and the adult that is responsible for allowing the 12 year old unsupervised access to that gun should face criminal charges.

Will we see the kid get the maximum penalty for a juvenile or is this another case of their being a bunch of charges to look tough on crime only to be plead down to a wrist slap when no one is looking

Story.

A 12-year-old student was fatally shot by a classmate at a South Carolina middle school, officials said on Thursday.
The suspected shooter, also 12, was arrested and charged with murder and other firearm charges in the shooting at Tanglewood Middle School in Greenville, according to the Greenville County Sheriff's Office.

School link.

Front page:

View attachment 67383323

School report card

OUR WORK: HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR 2021-2022
Mural 6th grade social studies students worked with a visiting artist to explore the idea of art as protest and create a mural with that theme.

Proficiency ratings are off the charts:

View attachment 67383325

Achievements and Honors

Black History Celebration
Hispanic Heritage Month
Upstate Diversity Leadership Award Outstanding K-12 School: William "Bill" T. Wylie Valued Lives Award for School Excellence in Diversity 2020

View attachment 67383326

Although already doing a fantastic job academically that any parent would be proud of, I have a few suggestions that would make Tanglewood the envy of the country:

1. There are only two Black fists in the mural. For the next one, perhaps have a group of Blacks (at least 5) raising their fists in solidarity and protest.
2. Extend the duration of the Hispanic Heritage and Black History celebrations.
Awesome racist screed, Dude. Are you wearing your hood right now?

I assume that the Caucasian students who are currently there are (a) the children of liberals who want their children to start getting used to the diverse country that they will be living in or (b) the children of parents who lack the money to send their children to a private school.

Greenville is 64% non-Hispanic white, indicating a high degree of "diversity" at Tanglewood (12.2% white). The school is certainly is deserving of the William "Bill" T. Wylie Valued Lives Award for School Excellence in Diversity award, application here.

So I am curious here. Can anyone tell me what these two pictures have in common?

canvas-png.67383323

509956956bb3f73d6e00000d

Back
Top Bottom