• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

12 Trillion Dollars In Slave Reparations

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
LOL. It's official now. Lefties believe that we should add another 12 trillion dollars onto the national debt for slave reparations. This is on top of all the coronavirus stimuluses but I don't know if the 12 trillion dollars in slave reparations is supposed to be before or after the 93 trillion dollars fighting mother nature. And lefties want to criticize Trump's adding to the national debt? Democrats are the party of fiscal responsibility? Will Biden and Harris stand up and call this proposal Hooey or will they say let's talk about it?

US economist proposes $12 trillion in slavery reparations to eliminate black-white wealth gap

Last edited:
If this economist has $12 trillion, he can spend it as he sees fit.

LOL. It's official now. Lefties believe that we should add another 12 trillion dollars onto the national debt for slave reparations. This is on top of all the coronavirus stimuluses but I don't know if the 12 trillion dollars in slave reparations is supposed to be before or after the 93 trillion dollars fighting mother nature. And lefties want to criticize Trump's adding to the national debt? Democrats are the party of fiscal responsibility? Will Biden and Harris stand up and call this proposal Hooey or will they say let's talk about it?

US economist proposes $12 trillion in slavery reparations to eliminate black-white wealth gap

How about all the black people in the US pay all the descendants of all the white people killed in the civil war 15 trillion dollars for ending slavery?

How about the black athletes pay reparations for the slave labor that has made them billions over the last 50 years or so?

Sure, as soon as we pay Native Americans for all the acreage we took without just compensation.

Nazi-crop-1024x640.jpg

According to MR, the appropriate response to this picture is "LOL. It's official now. Trumpists are nazis."

:roll:

How about all the black people in the US pay all the descendants of all the white people killed in the civil war 15 trillion dollars for ending slavery?

I think we could settle for 12 trillion.

IT'S OFFICIAL: a Duke University economist you've never heard of says that we should pay $12 trillion in reparations.

It should be noted that it was impeached Democrat President Andrew Johnson that vetoed the reparations that the Republican-controlled Congress enacted three months before the Civil War ended. Special Field Order No. 15 was put together by Republican House Representative Thaddeus Stevens, which would have distributed ~400,000 acres of land to the recently freed slaves. The land had been confiscated from Democrat plantation owners in North and South Carolina, Georgia, and northern Florida. However, Democrat President Johnson wanted to defend and protect his fellow Confederate traitors, so he rescinded Special Field Order No. 15 and vetoed all forthcoming reparation bills.

It should be noted that it was impeached Democrat President Andrew Johnson that vetoed the reparations that the Republican-controlled Congress enacted three months before the Civil War ended. Special Field Order No. 15 was put together by Republican House Representative Thaddeus Stevens, which would have distributed ~400,000 acres of land to the recently freed slaves. The land had been confiscated from Democrat plantation owners in North and South Carolina, Georgia, and northern Florida. However, Democrat President Johnson wanted to defend and protect his fellow Confederate traitors, so he rescinded Special Field Order No. 15 and vetoed all forthcoming reparation bills.

Wow. I did not know that. So, Democrats nixed paying reparations when they had the chance. Sounds like it is on them then. They are either going to have to live with that decision or pay the 12 trillion out of the DNC's funds.

I knew you were capable of really stupid comments, but you’ve outdone yourself with this one. You pushed your head waaaay up there this time.

The United States government allowed slavery. That it took a war among Americans to free them, in no way erases the evil of that history and absolutely does not create any debt of gratitude.

Huh. Usually Trumpists play the dishonest game of pretending the Dixiecrats of the early 20th century did not join the GOP as party demographics re-aligned. This one is going back to the first half of the 19th.

:doh

Wow. I did not know that. So, Democrats nixed paying reparations when they had the chance. Sounds like it is on them then. They are either going to have to live with that decision or pay the 12 trillion out of the DNC's funds.

"Democrats," MR says, based on one thing one dude said.

fake-nazis.jpg

According to MR, the appropriate response to this picture is "LOL. It's official now. Trumpists are nazis."

(See what I'm doing there? You missed it the first time. I'm hoping second's the charm)

"Democrats," MR says, based on one thing one dude said.

fake-nazis.jpg

(See what I'm doing there? You missed it the first time. I'm hoping second's the charm)

So, you are saying that you refuse to honor the agreements presidents have made?

Elaborate.

Nike = child and slave labor.
Ecko = child and slave labor.
And don't get me started on gold and gemstone branding, and other jewelry.

I guess I could include rappers into this as well?

So, you are saying that you refuse to honor the agreements presidents have made?

So, you are saying that vorpal bunnies guard the quasar of doom and can only be slain with half-rotten celery stalks?

Why are you even here, if all you're going to do is joust with straw men? You're talking to yourself. That's all. It's quite stupid.

Nike = child and slave labor.
Ecko = child and slave labor.
And don't get me started on gold and gemstone branding, and other jewelry.

I guess I could include rappers into this as well?
Guilt by association? Doesn’t work that way.

Your finger should be pointed at the parent companies that subcontract to the sleazes running 3rd world sweat shops. That is where the guilt/blame belongs.

Guilt by association? Doesn’t work that way.

Your finger should be pointed at the parent companies that subcontract to the sleazes running 3rd world sweat shops. That is where the guilt/blame belongs.

Doesn't matter. Those folks profited and are continuing to profit off slave labor. They owe them reparations, yes?

I mean, if I owe reparations for something I'm supposedly benefiting from in my rather meager existance that happened long before I was born...

Wouldn't logic dictate that people CURRENTLY benefiting from current existing slavery to the tune of it making them fantastically wealthy...also owe reparations?

Goose, gander?

this is just another reason not to elect Joe and Ho in November! Q 2024

Doesn't matter. Those folks profited and are continuing to profit off slave labor. They owe them reparations, yes?

I mean, if I owe reparations for something I'm supposedly benefiting from in my rather meager existance that happened long before I was born...

Wouldn't logic dictate that people CURRENTLY benefiting from current existing slavery to the tune of it making them fantastically wealthy...also owe reparations?

Goose, gander?
Oh, I get it now. You’re proposing a ridiculous claim to counter another ridiculous claim instead defeating the first ridiculous claim with facts and logic.

To be clear, both are crap.

African Americans today are not entitled to reparations for the evil acts of any of our ancestors, period. There are other reasonable and sane solutions to fix systemic racism and unequal treatment of minorities.

And there are already laws in place to penalize companies that allow 3rd world sweatshops to produce their products. The government just has to decide to actually enforce them.

Oh, I get it now. You’re proposing a ridiculous claim to counter another ridiculous claim instead defeating the first ridiculous claim with facts and logic.

To be clear, both are crap.

African Americans today are not entitled to reparations for the evil acts of any of our ancestors, period. There are other reasonable and sane solutions to fix systemic racism and unequal treatment of minorities.

And there are already laws in place to penalize companies that allow 3rd world sweatshops to produce their products. The government just has to decide to actually enforce them.

Our government (parts of it) are paid too much by those companies not to enforce it. So called "free marketeers".

Kamala Harris descended from slave owners: ITs NOt heR fAUlt !

Reparations: PAy uP wHiteY!

Back
Top Bottom