• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

111 companies opt out of Obamacare

VF500

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I guess Joe Biden was wrong. Obamacare's not such "a big f'kn'g deal" after all. Of course, the health care law was never about providing affordable health care for every American in the first place. Who in there right mind would write a 2,300 page bill just to do that. Obama has admitted that it's just a frame work for future government meddling.

Team Obama is handing out more exemptions from ObamaCare, and the numbers have increased from the 33 of a few weeks ago… many of the now 111 “escapees” from ObamaCare are unions to whom Obama owes favors.
ObamaCare Nightmare: 111 Waivers Approved for DHS “Opt Out” List… Left-wing Media Burying That ObamaCare Is a Jobs Killer (video) « Frugal Café Blog Zone

Last edited:
It looks to me like about 20 of the escapees are unions. Maybe they don't think sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander...

wait, wasn't Obamacare supposed to create 4 million jobs and lead us all into nirvana? why are so many people so desperate to opt out of utopia?

I don't think the one term Marxist president Obama thought companies would bail out before his re-election.

What a pompous, incompetent, ass.

Employers Consider Dropping Health Coverage Under Obamacare
Lachlan Markay

Reports from employers continue to belie President Obama’s repeated insistence that, under his new health care law, Americans would not lose their employer-provided health insurance coverage. A new survey shows that more than one in ten midsized and large employers are at least “somewhat likely” to drop their health coverage once Obamacare’s “exchanges” go into effect in 2014.
“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” President Obama said during his Obamacare push. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”
The president assured “stability and security” in the health care system in the video above (via Guy Benson), but that seems to be exactly what Obamacare is not creating. In addition to companies that said they would drop health care coverage, 20 percent told Towers Watson that they weren’t sure what they will do come 2014. Seven out of 10 employers surveyed expects to lose grandfathered status by 2012. Uncertainty, in other words, is rampant among those surveyed.​

Employers Consider Dropping Health Coverage Under Obamacare

Those companies are GOP donors.

Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but 111 companies is kind of a drop in the bucket. Hell, even the 700 the article later references is a drop in the bucket.

Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but 111 companies is kind of a drop in the bucket. Hell, even the 700 the article later references is a drop in the bucket.
This is the path to single payer/government owned and run health care. Companies were not supposed to opt out until after the next election.

Not to rain on anyone else either this is not a gov ran healthcare and you can still keep your doctor Misterveritis.... And sorry Misterveritis but Obama is not a "Marxist" so you can quit with your Beck bull**** rhetoric as well..

Not to rain on anyone else either this is not a gov ran healthcare and you can still keep your doctor Misterveritis....
Not for long. And that is by design.

And sorry Misterveritis but Obama is not a "Marxist" so you can quit with your Beck bull**** rhetoric as well..
I know that you prefer the more accurate Marxist-Leninist but that is a little bit too cumbersome.

Not for long. And that is by design.
You have proof of this or is this another conspiracy theory you made up in your mind?

I know that you prefer the more accurate Marxist-Leninist but that is a little bit too cumbersome.
Ohhh Misterveritis you make me chuckle....
Please tell me you are not serious!
Did the dictatorship of the proletariat start yet?

Companies will drop their coverage when they do the math and realize it's cheaper to take the "penalty" then it is to provide care.

Individuals and Families are very likely to drop all coverage and just take the tax penalty. After all, Insurance companies cannot refuse "pre-existing conditions"

This was foreseen prior to Obama's... triumph in signing this bill. We can only hope he's kicked to the curb, and the GOP regains the Senate and expands their control of the House so as to overturn this, disaster of a policy.

Did the dictatorship of the proletariat start yet?
Of course you know that Marx's dictatorship of the proles became the dictatorship of the social democrats, later named, by Lenin, as the Communist party. So Marxist-Leninist is the more accurate label for the one term president. And he need not call his party the Communist Party. Nor does he need to use social before democrat.

I guess Joe Biden was wrong. Obamacare's not such "a big f'kn'g deal" after all. Of course, the health care law was never about providing affordable health care for every American in the first place. Who in there right mind would write a 2,300 page bill just to do that. Obama has admitted that it's just a frame work for future government meddling.

Team Obama is handing out more exemptions from ObamaCare, and the numbers have increased from the 33 of a few weeks ago… many of the now 111 “escapees” from ObamaCare are unions to whom Obama owes favors.
ObamaCare Nightmare: 111 Waivers Approved for DHS “Opt Out” List… Left-wing Media Burying That ObamaCare Is a Jobs Killer (video) « Frugal Café Blog Zone

I beg to differ. Joe Biden was unwittingly right. It's part of Obama's big deal that's killing job growth in this country.

So how are people who couldn't afford health care before Obamacare, going to be able to afford Obamacare after it takes effect? I guess Nancy Pelosi will just throw them in jail.

Of course you know that Marx's dictatorship of the proles became the dictatorship of the social democrats, later named, by Lenin, as the Communist party. So Marxist-Leninist is the more accurate label for the one term president. And he need not call his party the Communist Party. Nor does he need to use social before democrat.

:monkey
:funny

You can't just look at the number of companies. You have to look at the number of people they represent. I might be wrong but I'll bet it is more than a drop in the bucket.

the point is more the direction than the numbers. If Obamacare was really so awesome as it's proponents claimed; wouldn't they be offering people early opt-ins' rather than opt-outs?

Back
Top Bottom