• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

111,606 Reasons Obama’s Memorial Weekend Hiroshima Visit is a Disgrace

We lose what the Japanese value - face. Also our government further loses the respect of it's people. Our people bleed, sacrificed big time for that war, and now this ****ing idiot is apologizing for the way we ended it. **** you Obama.

Of course this is a goddamn lie.

As one poster noted, targeting civilians in WW2 was not considered off limits or unethical at the time. It was after the smoke had cleared that the same commanders, politicians, and soldiers who had done the targeting and dropped the bombs realized the horror of what they had done, and the potential for much greater horror to be unleashed on the world. Those people who lived in that time saw, up close and personal, what total war does, especially when nuclear weapons are involved.

Now, seven-odd generations later, we have people who simply do not get it. I suppose I'm not surprised. The visit was about honoring a contemporary ally and, more importantly, learning the lessons of history, the most important of which is that if we don't start behaving with a bit more serenity and egalitarianism, we are going to find ourselves at the brink of the destruction of everything we love and the ruin of all. Obama did not apologize, but really, so what if he did? If it extends the scope of peace and does anything at all to ratchet down tensions in the world, it's well worthwhile.

Of course this is a goddamn lie.

Which part? That he is apologizing for the way we ended it? Or are you now denying the Japanese part of WWII ever happened?

Some people think Barack Obama has been an effective president and some think he has been an ineffective one. Good arguments for both sides.

Your comments seem to be disjointed...and aimed at venting hatred toward the man.

In my opinion, the president is not a national disgrace...nor is he deserving of impeachment.

I do think some Americans are an embarrassment to America.

Anyone who loves this country should despise the un-American statist liar currently disgracing the White House. His actions from the start show that he resents the United States and does not wish it well.

Which part? That he is apologizing for the way we ended it? Or are you now denying the Japanese part of WWII ever happened?

President Obama didn't apologize for anything. That is the lie you were pushing.

there was no apology, you are making that up. I would suppose the mods would delete a thread that is nothing but flamebait.

Anyone who loves this country should despise the un-American statist liar currently disgracing the White House. His actions from the start show that he resents the United States and does not wish it well.

you prefer a lot of dead soldiers like bush gave us?

Which part? That he is apologizing for the way we ended it?

Correct.

He didn't apologize.

I should clarify that you aren't the one lying here. I'm quite certain you honestly believed Obama apologized there. Because some right-wing blog told you he did. You didn't watch the speech yourself, or else you'd have known all this already.

Allow me to channel Donald Trump for a second.

There are people who would call you an unthinking jackass for saying crap like that.

I, of course, am not one of them.

But I am sure there are some.

There was no apology, and when we had a thread about this a week ago, all the angry folk kept whining about how it would be an apology. Of course several posters here shot them down and said that there would not be an apology..and, as usual, we were right.

Let me shortcut this for you:

He didn't apologize.

I was just coming back to take that statement back after reading the thread. :)
Like I said I haven't been following his visit to Japan closely (obviously).
I'm glad that he did better in Japan and made the smarter move.

Correct.

He didn't apologize.

I should clarify that you aren't the one lying here. I'm quite certain you honestly believed Obama apologized there. Because some right-wing blog told you he did. You didn't watch the speech yourself, or else you'd have known all this already.

Of course B. Hussein Obama apologized at Hiroshima for this country's supposed misdeeds, just as he did at the start of his presidency. Like most leftists, he resents the U.S. and does not wish it well. When leftists are not busy running America down, they are making excuses for its enemies. To hell with the un-American SOB.

Of course B. Hussein Obama apologized at Hiroshima for this country's supposed misdeeds, just as he did at the start of his presidency. Like most leftists, he resents the U.S. and does not wish it well. When leftists are not busy running America down, they are making excuses for its enemies. To hell with the un-American SOB.

no he didnt, you are plain making it up. classic right wing fantasy. an honest person would extend an apology to obama.

Allow me to channel Donald Trump for a second.

There are people who would call you an unthinking jackass for saying crap like that.

I, of course, am not one of them.

But I am sure there are some.

I am sure there are many unthinking leftist jackasses who are peeved by my opinion of their president. You can be sure I show their pique all the concern it deserves.

No president of the United States should even imply an apology to any other nation--not for anything this nation has ever done. Comrade Obama is a damned liar who resents and has a low opinion of the very country he is sworn to protect. The sooner we are rid of him, the better.

111,606 Reasons Obama?s Memorial Weekend Hiroshima Visit is a Disgrace

I wish we had leaders today with guts that would fight wars in the same manner as WW2 was fought, take war to the maximum with your enemy. We have never fought to win a war since WW2. We haven't even declared war since WW2

I wish we had leaders in Washington with the guts to have impeached our ?, a long time ago. What a disgrace. He should be laying wreaths at National Soldier's Cemeteries here.

Our President, a national disgrace.

Wow - that's one hell of a ****ty view.

The Nuclear Option should be looked at as a last resort for a world that was stretched too far. Between all countries, warfare killed more humans than any viral plague in history.

Every American President should pay respect to the victims and make EVERY EFFORT to ensure we never arrive at a place where such heinous acts are taken by ANYONE.

For you to be offended by his show of respect or honor - THAT is a disgrace.

You can demand our Presidents show more honor and respect for our own kind, but NEVER try to take away that capacity in such a way for our fallen enemies while you're at it.

no he didnt, you are plain making it up. classic right wing fantasy. an honest person would extend an apology to obama.

Of course he did, however desperate his acolytes are to deny it. To hell with this un-American liar, who continues to disgrace the White House. Long live the United States.

Of course he did, however desperate his acolytes are to deny it. To hell with this un-American liar, who continues to disgrace the White House. Long live the United States.

Why don't you provide us with an exact transcipt and the exact words in which he apologized. Put up or shut up.

no no he didnt, you are making it up.

This is one of the reasons that I'd never be President. If the Japanese asked me about Hiroshima and Nagasaki my response would be less politically correct. I'd tell them that if they thought those two were big explosions, wait until the one that comes the next time they make the mistake of waging war against the USA.

I am sure there are many unthinking leftist jackasses who are peeved by my opinion of their president. You can be sure I show their pique all the concern it deserves.

No president of the United States should even imply an apology to any other nation--not for anything this nation has ever done. Comrade Obama is a damned liar who resents and has a low opinion of the very country he is sworn to protect. The sooner we are rid of him, the better.

Done.

He'll be replaced by Hillary Clinton next January.

I hope you will feel better then.

You didn't watch the speech, what the hell do you think you know about it? How arrogant are you that you could walk around telling people what he said when you never actually heard a word of it?

No, he didn't, and you are obsessed with him, he won..he lives rent free in your head.

Why don't you provide us with an exact transcipt and the exact words in which he apologized. Put up or shut up.

I'm expressing my informed opinion. You are certainly entitled to your uninformed one.

You didn't watch the speech, what the hell do you think you know about it? How arrogant are you that you could walk around telling people what he said when you never actually heard a word of it?

What the hell do you think you know about whether I watched it? Do you imagine you the Kowtower-in-Chief's acolytes are the only ones who heard what he said? How arrogant are you to think you have some special knowledge of what the damned un-American liar meant by his words? If B. Hussein Obama is so suffused with resentment of America that he is compelled to put on the hair shirt for what he imagines are its misdeeds, let him do it privately, rather than in speeches where he is representing this country to the world.

Back
Top Bottom