• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

11 Things The Wealthiest 400 Americans Could Buy Their Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not as sorry as the deluded rightwingers who slavishly cling to their corporate overlords and mouth whatever they've been told to mouth.

translation HG just beat on you with the schoolin stick and you cannot make a valid response

stop lying. you deliberately confuse marginal top rates with share of the income tax burden. the rich pay 40% of the income tax (that is the top one percent) and the top 5% pay more than the rest of the country

you are wrong and everyone knows it

Accusing others of lying is how the rightwingers justify their willfull ignorance of the facts which prove that the wealthy are behind a massive effort to redistribute the wealth of the middle class into their own stuffed pockets.

The american public schools system was the envy of the world until the rich realized it was sitting on a pot of gold that they could steal. They use their rightwing dupes (ie the people most in need of a public schooling) to redistribute the money from the public schools into their already stuffed coffers.

So do you have a book of made up BS that's organized by category you just copy or what?

Then by all means show me.
Include all effective taxes (including the distributive effect of EITC, which was enhanced during the Bush presidency) for all people.

I'd like to see this please.

Already done. I have posted much info about this. Calling the facts lies is how the rightwingers willfully ignore the facts that prove that there is a massive redistribution of wealth (from the bottom to the top) going on

Are you upset that history doesn't match your rantings?

inequality-page25_1.png

Already done. I have posted much info about this. Calling the facts lies is how the rightwingers willfully ignore the facts that prove that there is a massive redistribution of wealth (from the bottom to the top) going on

Then why does EITC, food stamps, Section 8, all the rest of the low income (refundable) tax credits, housing assistance, education and all the other income supplements to poor and middle class people, exist?

Then why does EITC, food stamps, Section 8, all the rest of the low income (refundable) tax credits, housing assistance, education and all the other income supplements to poor and middle class people, exist?

Those do not change the fact that our tax system has had the effect of massively redistributing wealth from the bottom to the top. The facts I posted prove me right

Reasonable people know not to argue with the results....the rightwingers...not so much

Those do not change the fact that our tax system has had the effect of massively redistributing wealth from the bottom to the top. The facts I posted prove me right

Reasonable people know not to argue with the results....the rightwingers...not so much

And you are laughably wrong.

The fact is the these federal benefits are not counted as income, when they are.

Speaking of those who toady to the rich....the boss who helped shove me out the door during a "voluntary" enhanced severance period was later pushed out himself, by the very upper management that used him to push many older employees out the door....

And my neighbor tells me his SIL got pushed out, found a better job, then a few years later the boss who pushed him out came looking for a job and had to be interviewed by someone he had fired.....

Seems that sucking up to bosses only gets you so far. As soon as they don't need you anymore, they find a way to get rid of you.

But the rich needs the middle class more than they think. Eventually we all end up in a nursing home, or hospice, or at least assisted living, and we will need the services of health care professionals, nurses, care givers, etc. I certainly hope my caregivers aren't ones who had to struggle past a bunch of obstacles placed in their paths by selfish rich people.

My own parents placed obstacles in my path, but I managed a bit of success anyway. Funny when they call wanting to borrow money from the one they used as their whipping boy....really funny....

Accusing others of lying is how the rightwingers justify their willfull ignorance of the facts which prove that the wealthy are behind a massive effort to redistribute the wealth of the middle class into their own stuffed pockets.

but you have lied. its patently obvious. You have claimed the share of the tax burden has gone down for the rich. that is a bright and shining lie. No way else to sugarcoat it

Speaking of those who toady to the rich....the boss who helped shove me out the door during a "voluntary" enhanced severance period was later pushed out himself, by the very upper management that used him to push many older employees out the door....

And my neighbor tells me his SIL got pushed out, found a better job, then a few years later the boss who pushed him out came looking for a job and had to be interviewed by someone he had fired.....

Seems that sucking up to bosses only gets you so far. As soon as they don't need you anymore, they find a way to get rid of you.

But the rich needs the middle class more than they think. Eventually we all end up in a nursing home, or hospice, or at least assisted living, and we will need the services of health care professionals, nurses, care givers, etc. I certainly hope my caregivers aren't ones who had to struggle past a bunch of obstacles placed in their paths by selfish rich people.

My own parents placed obstacles in my path, but I managed a bit of success anyway. Funny when they call wanting to borrow money from the one they used as their whipping boy....really funny....

I don't suck up to my boss, I typically overrule him because he is inattentive and doesn't know how to run my work line.
It's a risk but I do things my way and my fellow workers tend to agree.

And you are laughably wrong.

The fact is the these federal benefits are not counted as income, when they are.

Sales taxes, gas taxes, payroll taxes etc, take a larger share of the middle class' income than it does from the rich

Capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than most americans pay

income_taxes_on_the_richest_400_american_tax_filers.png

2/3 of the income of the top 1% comes from capital gains, on which they pay a lower rate than the middle class pays on its' income

Incorrect, the top brackets pay the lion's share in taxes, while the bottom have had their tax rates reduced to negative rates.

And the top brackets earn more than the lions' share of income. They pay a lower share of their total income (including capital gains) than the middle class does. This is why the wealth of the middle class has accumulated in the coffers of the wealthy

but you have lied. its patently obvious. You have claimed the share of the tax burden has gone down for the rich. that is a bright and shining lie. No way else to sugarcoat it

I have proven that my claims are accurate. All you have done is post your opinion over and over again.

I have proven that my claims are accurate. All you have done is post your opinion over and over again.

wrong dude-we are talking about the major tax that is the point of all the current discussions

not gas tax
not sales tax at the state level
not property taxes
not excise taxes on the manufacture of spirits (the main source of federal revenue before the income tax) or on firearms (which are paid by consumers ultimately)
not state income or death taxes

BUT THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX which is easily measured

in states where there are death taxes and income taxes its a very different picture than those who mainly have property and sales taxes

but federal income taxes are the same state to state and over the last ten years the top 5% and top 1% have seen their share of the total FIT grow to its highest percentage in over 60 years

Inequality? You better know it. I'm pissed that I wasn't born to be 6 foot 10 with the ability to hit a jumper with a hand in my face. What do you say we do to rectify that?

Nobody over 6 feet tall allowed in the NBA maybe?

That is a really really bad analogy...

All I know is that my mom's side of the family is stinking rich and they don't do much to help others, much less their own family. I understand people have to make their own way, but they just had millions and millions of dollars handed to them...

Well said, Mr. Bill.

All I know is that my mom's side of the family is stinking rich and they don't do much to help others, much less their own family. I understand people have to make their own way, but they just had millions and millions of dollars handed to them...

so should the government make inquiries on how nice people are and tax them accordingly? of course those who give a lot of money away tend to get various rewards-from being well liked to having College dorms named after them to having front row seats in the OSU v Michigan football games

so should the government make inquiries on how nice people are and tax them accordingly? of course those who give a lot of money away tend to get various rewards-from being well liked to having College dorms named after them to having front row seats in the OSU v Michigan football games

Not at all, I am just pointing out that the distribution of money has nothing to do with talent or work ethic as some people seem to be arguing... it is not fair either, but that is life. I certainly am not complaining.

wrong dude-we are talking about the major tax that is the point of all the current discussions

not gas tax
not sales tax at the state level
not property taxes
not excise taxes on the manufacture of spirits (the main source of federal revenue before the income tax) or on firearms (which are paid by consumers ultimately)
not state income or death taxes

BUT THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX which is easily measured

Correction - YOU are talking about only the major tax. I will talk about any and all relevant taxes.

in states where there are death taxes and income taxes its a very different picture than those who mainly have property and sales taxes

but federal income taxes are the same state to state and over the last ten years the top 5% and top 1% have seen their share of the total FIT grow to its highest percentage in over 60 years

The top 5% and the top 1% have seen their share of all taxes paid go down to its' lowest percentage in over 60 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom