• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

105-year-old New Jersey woman who beat Covid toasts gin-soaked raisins

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Lucia DeClerck, who learned she had been infected after receiving her second vaccine dose, attributed her health partly to the raisins

A 105 y/o woman attributes her survival from COVID & her longevity to her eating gin-soaked raisins.
========================================================================================
I wonder if that would work with vodka? I have a quantity of Stolichnaya that I can't stand the taste of. Maybe the raisins will drown out the taste of the vodka.

Guess I won't make it to 105. (Whew!) I don't like gin, and the only way I can eat raisins is in oatmeal cookies.

Guess I won't make it to 105. (Whew!) I don't like gin, and the only way I can eat raisins is in oatmeal cookies.

Put the vodka & raisins in a blender & figure out how to serve that.

Lucia DeClerck, who learned she had been infected after receiving her second vaccine dose, attributed her health partly to the raisins

A 105 y/o woman attributes her survival from COVID & her longevity to her eating gin-soaked raisins.
========================================================================================
I wonder if that would work with vodka? I have a quantity of Stolichnaya that I can't stand the taste of. Maybe the raisins will drown out the taste of the vodka.
Use your vodka in a tomato sauce - it’s Yummy.

I'm trying to imagine that, and its not working, lol.
It’s good - just let go - and try it. Trust me.
Also, chicken livers sautéd in jack daniels. Mmm

It’s good - just let go - and try it. Trust me.
Also, chicken livers sautéd in jack daniels. Mmm

Ok, now you've lost me. Chicken livers will never cross my lips!

That's a folk remedy that's been around for a long time. I have arthritis and it's often mentioned as a treatment for that on 'alternative' treatment websites. And the recipe is generally very specific - golden raisins (has to do with sulfur used to dry them) and gin (juniper berries are in gin, might have anti-inflammatory properties). The typical dose is 9 raisins per day. I've seen dozens of articles over the years where people swear it works. I haven't tried it. Here an anti-inflammatory would be a good treatment for COVID, I imagine, so maybe it worked? The good news is it's cheap!

I’m happy she’s ok but gin soaked raisins sounds gross.

There's no reason to believe it "works" with gin, so I can't imagine why it would work with vodka.

I

Don't like vodka, either, but it's not bad when you cut a plug hole in a whole watermelon, pour in a bottle of vodka, rechill it at least a few hours and then enjoy. Can't hardly taste the vodka after the first few bites.

I

Don't like vodka, either, but it's not bad when you cut a plug hole in a whole watermelon, pour in a bottle of vodka, rechill it at least a few hours and then enjoy. Can't hardly taste the vodka after the first few bites.

Well, good idea, but I'd like to get some more ideas on being able to tolerate the after-taste of the Stoli.

Well, good idea, but I'd like to get some more ideas on being able to tolerate the after-taste of the Stoli.
Long Island Iced Tea oughta do it.

But maybe you should just make cute little bottles of vanilla extract and gift it at Christmas to all the cooks you know. Easy to do, just takes a few months on the shelf, some cute little bottles, and a ribbon.

Use your vodka in a tomato sauce - it’s Yummy.
Use my meatball recipe. Ground sirloin, egg , Parmigiana Reggiano, a little Italian breadcrumbs and raisins. The raisins sweeten the sauce, Napolitano style.

Not vodka, but try it, I dare ya.

51QJb5WyKcL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom