• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

100th running of the Indy 500

Only because his team knew their math. And, from what I read, most people left disappointed in that race's outcome or ever heard of this American.

I know it's your nature to be deliberately contrary about everything, but as usual, your assumptions are wrong. It wasn't really about math. Rossi's team gambled. Pit and finish maybe 7th or 9th or stay out and maybe, just maybe squeak out a win. It was as much luck as skill. Rossi was out of fuel in 2, long before he crossed the finish line. It was a desperate all-or-nothing shot and it was fabulous, the kind of move that wouldn't be tried anywhere else and producing a finish I doubt anyone predicted. I found it personally satisfying enough that I wasn't too upset Newgarden didn't win.

As for fan reaction, why don't you share what you are reading? Come on, lets see it. I saw the crowd. They were thrilled133.

I know it's your nature to be deliberately contrary about everything, but as usual, your assumptions are wrong. It wasn't really about math. Rossi's team gambled. Pit and finish maybe 7th or 9th or stay out and maybe, just maybe squeak out a win. It was as much luck as skill. Rossi was out of fuel in 2, long before he crossed the finish line. It was a desperate all-or-nothing shot and it was fabulous, the kind of move that wouldn't be tried anywhere else and producing a finish I doubt anyone predicted. I found it personally satisfying enough that I wasn't too upset Newgarden didn't win.

As for fan reaction, why don't you share what you are reading? Come on, lets see it. I saw the crowd. They were thrilled133.

Seriously? Don't you bother to read the fan reaction after a big race you admittedly cared about? Hell, I could not care less about the race: who won, who lost or why; but at least I read a few pieces on it.

IndyCar - Alexander Rossi's Indy 500 win makes a statement ... about us

Did we see a super-competitive race? Yes. The fifth consecutive Indy 500 with 30-plus lead changes after decades without seeing one.

Did we all leave the 100th edition of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing feeling as if we wanted more great, more spectacle and more racing? Yes. But that's not Alexander Rossi's fault. It's ours.

All of us -- spoiled, stinking rotten.

Seriously? Don't you bother to read the fan reaction after a big race you admittedly cared about? Hell, I could not care less about the race: who won, who lost or why; but at least I read a few pieces on it.

IndyCar - Alexander Rossi's Indy 500 win makes a statement ... about us

I have read some fan reaction. What you posted is an op-ed from a NASCAR writer, not "fan reaction", and it does not support your case at all.

How typical.

As I recall your actual claim was:

And, from what I read, most people left disappointed in that race's outcome or ever heard of this American.

Not only was the author quite wrong in his false global generalizations, the article does not support your claim that "most people left disappointed in that race's outcome". Nothing new there really. This is why you are always on the wrong side of things.

Back
Top Bottom