• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

1000 Georgia residents caught double-voting in primary

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
One thousand Georgia residents caught double-voting in primary may face charges

The 1,000 residents of Georgia who were caught double-voting may face prosecution.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced on Tuesday that his office and local prosecutions would investigate and, if appropriate, bring charges against those who voted twice during the primary election in June. Those who were caught double-voting had cast their votes with an absentee ballot and then voted in-person on the day of the election.

"A double voter knows exactly what they’re doing, diluting the votes of each and every voter that follows the law,” Raffensperger told reporters during a press conference. “Those that make the choice to game the system are breaking the law. And as secretary of state, I will not tolerate it.”

Raffensperger, a Republican, noted that there were not enough double votes cast to sway any of the state elections. If voters are found guilty of double-voting, a felony in the state, they face a fine of up to $100,000 and 10 years in prison.

No wonder democrats are fighting so hard to vote by mail. Meanwhile, they're already laying the groundwork to contest the election - Kamala Harris Says That Joe Biden Could Lose Election Due To Russian Interference

What a dishonest party.

Isn't that exactly what Trump told people to do?

Isn't that exactly what Trump told people to do?

No. That's not what Trump told people to do.

He told them to vote by mail and then go to the polls to see if their vote by mail ballot had been received. If it wasn't, then vote in person.

There is no indication in the article that those people were doing what Trump told them to do.

He told them to vote by mail and then go to the polls to see if their vote by mail ballot had been received. If it wasn't, then vote in person.

There is no indication in the article that those people were doing what Trump told them to do.

oh but it is...and Barr couldn't even admit it was illegal.

oh but it is...and Barr couldn't even admit it was illegal.

I find it amusing that certain people think that all these 1000 people are democrats. I bet a majority of them were republicans.

Georgia trying to be the new Florida.

No wonder democrats are fighting so hard to vote by mail. Meanwhile, they're already laying the groundwork to contest the election - Kamala Harris Says That Joe Biden Could Lose Election Due To Russian Interference

What a dishonest party.

What a dishonest OP. There are 1,000 POTENTIAL "double" voters. The matter is being reviewed and there is no evidence of fraud brought forward. You have no actual evidence of fraud. You have no actual evidence of 1,000 named people voting twice FRAUDULENTLY. If so proven, these would be more than have been proven in the entire history of such cases. Out of one state primary. Go away.

Georgia investigating double voting in primary election - Houston Chronicle

Where does it indicate that these were all democrat voters?

There's no indication as to who anyone was, or if they actually voted twice, or if their ballots were actually counted twice. But I suppose that blows Trump's "Vote by mail, then by person" theory out of the water.

Wait - didn't Democrats assure everyone that this was "clerically impossible?"

**** this, I am moving... Georgia cannot help but stay in the news for all the wrong reasons.

There's no indication as to who anyone was, or if they actually voted twice, or if their ballots were actually counted twice. But I suppose that blows Trump's "Vote by mail, then by person" theory out of the water.

In certainly indicative that new GOP governor and SOS can't conduct an election... :2razz:

**** this, I am moving... Georgia cannot help but stay in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Oh don't worry. If there's any state that can **** up voting the most, it's Florida. I'm sure they'll take the press off of Georgia.

What a dishonest party.

Yes, the Republicans are a dishonest party. Make up stories of voting fraud and then have a "president" go incite it.

Now if you want to allege problems with the vote here, this is a two-hundred-fold times worse story:

Georgia accused of wrongfully purging nearly 200,000 from voter rolls: report | TheHill

Way more than enough votes to swing our rigged 2018 gubernatorial election.

Well since they caught them then yes it doesn't work.

What I found is that they caught exactly 1000 people, not 999 or 1001, did they get tired and just stopped at 1000 or do they only do whole numbers? Seems very strange that exactly 1000 Republicans would try and vote twice.

the precious and Renfield voted by mail. i'm surprised that the cult doesn't want to be more like them.

well, not really, lol. the cult wants to suppress the vote. look for a ton of manufactured horror stories about voting designed to do just that.

He said if they let you cast a vote then they hadn't tabulated it yet so it was okay.

So you don't know if these folks heard the same **** trump was repeating, went to the polls, their ballots weren't counted/received yet, so they voted again.

He said if they let you cast a vote then they hadn't tabulated it yet so it was okay.

So you don't know if these folks heard the same **** trump was repeating, went to the polls, their ballots weren't counted/received yet, so they voted again.

Well I think this was the Primary in June, I think Trump made his comments much later than that. So they weren't doing what Trump told them to do. It's just that this thread started off with "blah blah Democrats want", but this is pretty much what Trump had told people to do.

This would be the "clerical" catching it.

The flaw in trumps brilliant plan is it doesn't take into account delays in mail and counting of mail in ballots.

I know you don't like to have to try to reconcile trump's nonsense, but he has said that mail in balloting will result in delays of the final result. Could takes days,weeks, months.

And at the same time suggests testing the system by trying to vote in person.

Do you see the problem with those two positions? That the first makes the second nonsense?

Sure would lend credence among the dense that the dens are stealing the election if a bunch of people were able to cast a physical ballot after sending one in by mail.

And their error due to their encouraged misapprehension won't be revealed until they've screamed for days. And even then some clever narrative manager has a "See? They weren't counting votes for trump and our brilliant plan thwarted their nefarious plot! Hail trump!" narrative ready in the chamber.

And it will work. It always works.

Well I think this was the Primary in June, I think Trump made his comments much later than that. So they weren't doing what Trump told them to do. It's just that this thread started off with "blah blah Democrats want", but this is pretty much what Trump had told people to do.

I don't think trump thought it up. I think he heard it somewhere, possibly misunderstanding the thrust of a proposed narrative.

So it may have been floating around for who knows how long before he latched onto it.

I should look...

What a dishonest party.

The set up is obvious. this is why the sent Ugly Betty Wasserman Schultz to the Post Office at 4;30 AM with no announcement knowing she would be denied access. So they can say the Post Office held back voting ballots for when he loses bigly. Then, they will cal for Antifa and BLM to riot all over again and Trump may have to institute Marshall Law.

It was supposed to be impossible, not simply traceable.

What I found is that they caught exactly 1000 people, not 999 or 1001, did they get tired and just stopped at 1000 or do they only do whole numbers? Seems very strange that exactly 1000 Republicans would try and vote twice.
What I heard was "about 1000" instances of "potential double voting" - so we really don't know as of yet.

This would be the "clerical" catching it.

The flaw in trumps brilliant plan is it doesn't take into account delays in mail and counting of mail in ballots.
Trump's comments were in reference to NC, where it has been claimed that it is impossible to vote on Election Day if you've already mailed in a ballot:

it is clerically impossible for a person to vote twice because North Carolina launched a means of tracking a voter’s ballot from the moment it is requested to when it is received by the local Board of Elections. Therefore, the way the system is set up, if a voter mailed in his or her ballot, they would be recorded as having voted and would not be allowed to cast a ballot on election day.

Not only that, this is just our state's sec of state claiming that there is fraud. Same system that purged 200,000 voters from the rolls without federal oversight, handing the 2018 gubernatorial election to Kemp.

Back
Top Bottom