• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

100 years since San Remo Conference which shaped Middle East

NO1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
100 years since San Remo Conference which shaped Middle East - The Jerusalem Post
What these post-war treaties enabled was the emergence of the system of Arab states on the one hand and the emergence of a "national home for the Jewish people" on the other. The Balfour Declaration from 1917 was in essence a declaration of British policy. But San Remo converted the Balfour Declaration into a binding international treaty, setting the stage for the League of Nations Mandate that was approved in 1922. It has been noted that at San Remo, Jewish historic rights became Jewish legal rights.

Part of history which proves the legal rights of Jews in the JSG. Part of history which many choose to ignore.
A day to remmber.

At the end of the day, I think the world is better off for have Israel.
It would be difficult to imagine all the technological improvements that have come out of Israel, having happened
without the Jewish emigration.

That's correct, The Jews, representing a tiny percent of the world population, have more Nobel prizes than any other group.

It would be difficult to imagine all the technological improvements that have come out of Israel, having happened

That was all possible by the billions of aid given to them

Iraq could have made just as much progress but America invaded it

That's correct, The Jews, representing a tiny percent of the world population, have more Nobel prizes than any other group.

this is the motive for the white supremacy, they see a group which they dont know control so much,

It was not the aid, but the vast intellectual migration after WWII.
The efforts to make Israel a livable, spurred massive innovation.
What, Iraq did not have a chance to develop in parallel, between 1948 and 1990?

It was not the aid, but the vast intellectual migration after WWII.
The efforts to make Israel a livable, spurred massive innovation.
What, Iraq did not have a chance to develop in parallel, between 1948 and 1990?

yet they didnt have billions in aid, did they?

Since Israel is so successful we can probably stop giving them billions of dollars annually, along with all of the other nations we give charity to.

Ahahahhahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been Jewish land for 3,500 yrs
The pales all came from Saudi Arabia

It’s been Jewish land for 3,500 yrs
The pales all came from Saudi Arabia

No, you're very wrong.

The first mention of a region called Israel was by the Egyptians who were referring to a particularly troublesome hill tribe which they crushed c.1200 BCE. By c.1050 BCE there was a nascent kingdom of Israel which controlled some of the lands in what is today the state of Israel. That kingdom grew in strength and expanded but internal divisions split the kingdom eventually into the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah. In 722 BCE the Neo-Assyrian Empire conquered the Kingdom of Israel and deported many of its inhabitants while settling foreign populations into the lands of the former Kingdom of Israel. The Kingdom of Judah escaped that fate by submitting and becoming a vassal state of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, but it repeatedly revolted and was raided and cities smashed in reprisal until the Kingdom of Judah behaved itself. Then the Neo-Assyrian Empire fell to a combined Babylonian, Median and Skythian alliance and the Neo-Babylonian Empire eventually conquered and destroyed the rebellious Kingdom of Judah in 586 BCE. The population was deported and foreign settlers were forced to replace the kingdom's population.

Thus the kingdom's of Israel and Judah controlled their lands only from about 1050 BCE until 722 BCE or about 328 years.

Then there was a period of about 100 years when the Hasmonean Jewish kingdom emerged from 165 BCE until it was conquered by Rome in 64 BCE. So another 100 years of rule for the Jews is added to the above 328.

Finally the present-day State of Israel has existed from 1948-2020 so far. That's 72 more years of Jewish rule for a total 500 years of rule in the land today called the State of Israel when you could have called it Jewish land and 2720 years when it was ruled and owned by other, Empires, states and other peoples. Once again, the facts get in the way of a good myth.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

No, you're very wrong.

The first mention of a region called Israel was by the Egyptians who were referring to a particularly troublesome hill tribe which they crushed c.1200 BCE. By c.1050 BCE there was a nascent kingdom of Israel which controlled some of the lands in what is today the state of Israel. That kingdom grew in strength and expanded but internal divisions split the kingdom eventually into the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah. In 722 BCE the Neo-Assyrian Empire conquered the Kingdom of Israel and deported many of its inhabitants while settling foreign populations into the lands of the former Kingdom of Israel. The Kingdom of Judah escaped that fate by submitting and becoming a vassal state of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, but it repeatedly revolted and was raided and cities smashed in reprisal until the Kingdom of Judah behaved itself. Then the Neo-Assyrian Empire fell to a combined Babylonian, Median and Skythian alliance and the Neo-Babylonian Empire eventually conquered and destroyed the rebellious Kingdom of Judah in 586 BCE. The population was deported and foreign settlers were forced to replace the kingdom's population.

Thus the kingdom's of Israel and Judah controlled their lands only from about 1050 BCE until 722 BCE or about 328 years.

Then there was a period of about 100 years when the Hasmonean Jewish kingdom emerged from 165 BCE until it was conquered by Rome in 64 BCE. So another 100 years of rule for the Jews is added to the above 328.

Finally the present-day State of Israel has existed from 1948-2020 so far. That's 72 more years of Jewish rule for a total 500 years of rule in the land today called the State of Israel when you could have called it Jewish land and 2720 years when it was ruled and owned by other, Empires, states and other peoples. Once again, the facts get in the way of a good myth.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

You’re accurate and wise and correct ! !!
Are you Jewish ???

Yes 500 yrs total out of 3,000 yr origins

I believe you when you say the name Israel comes from Egyptian gods

I think you have valid points and good critical thinking
If both sides agreed to 1967 lines would that be the only fair solution
You do support a 2 state solution ???

Bill Clinton gave them that and they walked away

You’re accurate and wise and correct ! !!
Are you Jewish ???

Yes 500 yrs total out of 3,000 yr origins

I believe you when you say the name Israel comes from Egyptian gods

Quasar44:

No, I'm not Jewish.

The name was recorded on Egyptian monuments of the many peoples one Phaoroh conquered during his reign. It did not come from the gods but from men trying to create political propaganda for an Egyptian potentate.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Quasar44:

No, I'm not Jewish.

The name was recorded on Egyptian monuments of the many peoples one Phaoroh conquered during his reign. It did not come from the gods but from men trying to create political propaganda for an Egyptian potentate.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

You agree that Jewish slaves never existed in Egypt
It’s a big lie ??

I think you have valid points and good critical thinking
If both sides agreed to 1967 lines would that be the only fair solution
You do support a 2 state solution ???

Bill Clinton gave them that and they walked away

Quasar44:

I don't think you can reverse the last 43 years of history since the end of the Six Day War. The 1967 borders would make a good starting point for borders but significant land swaps would have to be agreed upon and carried out to make a two-state solution work. The problem is that the ruling elites of both the Palestinians and the State of Israel do not want a peaceful settlement which both sides can live with, so a two-state solution loosely based on the 1967 borders is looking like an unlikely outcome.

What I think should happen is irrelevant to the process. I would be happy to see a two-state solution that was viable for both sides. I would be happy to see a one-state solution with a right of return for both Israelis and Palestinians who agreed to live peaceably with in the new united state. I would be happy with a confederation of Israeli and Palestinian districts where both Israelis and Palestinians could live in peace and could call Jerusalem their capital. But until both sides come around to really wanting peace, none of these solutions is likely to happen and the State of Israel will use the impasse to annex more and more of the pitifully small fraction of land still under Palestinian tenure. The cruel logic of settler colonialism and ethno-religious nationalism bumping up against the visceral racial hate and disabling desperation since the Nakba does not leave a lot of room for a peaceful settlement unless the world puts the vice-jaws on both the Israelis and Palestinians and squeezes them both very hard to abandon past hatreds and fears and to sort this dispute out in a way that both sides won't like but that both sides can live with.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

You agree that Jewish slaves never existed in Egypt
It’s a big lie ??

Quasar44:

That is a very tough question to answer. First I don't believe that the whole Hebrew Nation was ever captive in Egypt, so if there was a slave exodus from Egypt it was only part of the Hebrew Nation which was part of the Exodus.

Second, there are records of an Asiatic people called by the name Apiru, Hapiru or Habiru who helped another bunch of chariot-riding Asiatics called the Hyksos invade and overthrow the last Egyptian dynasty of the Egyptian Middle Kingdom c. 1550 BCE. When the Egyptians finally overthrew their foreign Hyksos rulers and formed the Egyptian New Kingdom, there must have been thousands of former soldiery or their descendents from the Hyksos period who could have been thrown into bondage. If the Apiru, Hapiru, Habiru were Hebrew allies of the Hyksos who were finally overthrown by the Egyptians, then there might have been wide scale Hebrew slavery in the early New Kingdom Egyptian period.

It is also interesting that in polytheistic Egypt there was a wave of monotheistic practice at this time, much to the chagrin of Egyptian priests and that this wave crested very soon after the New Kingdom was reformed in the reign of the Egyptian Phaoroh Akhenaten who tried to impose the rule of the one God Aten as the only God of Egypt. Needless to say this did not go down well with the powerful priests of Apus and other Egyptian gods, so Akhenatun's reign came to a bloody end and his memory was all but erased from official New Kingdom memory. Since monotheism (or near-monotheism) was a hallmark of early Hebrew Judaism it might be that this wave came from Hapiru rulers who were later overthrown but whose monotheism reverberated for about a century in the New Kingdom.

So the short answer is I don't know the answer to your slavery/captivity question but there is circumstantial evidence about what might have been a Hebrew captivity after the overthrow of the Hyksos and their foot-auxiliaries the Apiru/Hapiru/Habiru.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
Quasar44:

That is a very tough question to answer. First I don't believe that the whole Hebrew Nation was ever captive in Egypt, so if there was a slave exodus from Egypt it was only part of the Hebrew Nation which was part of the Exodus.

Second, there are records of an Asiatic people called by the name Apiru, Hapiru or Habiru who helped another bunch of chariot-riding Asiatics called the Hyksos invade and overthrow the last Egyptian dynasty of the Egyptian Middle Kingdom c. 1550 BCE. When the Egyptians finally overthrew their foreign Hyksos rulers and formed the Egyptian New Kingdom, there must have been thousands of former soldiery or their descendents from the Hyksos period who could have been thrown into bondage. If the Apiru, Hapiru, Habiru were Hebrew allies of the Hyksos who were finally overthrown by the Egyptians, then there might have been wide scale Hebrew slavery in the early New Kingdom Egyptian period.

It is also interesting that in polytheistic Egypt there was a wave of monotheistic practice at this time, much to the chagrin of Egyptian priests and that this wave crested very soon after the New Kingdom was reformed in the reign of the Egyptian Phaoroh Akhenaten who tried to impose the rule of the one God Aten as the only God of Egypt. Needless to say this did not go down well with the powerful priests of Apus and other Egyptian gods, so Akhenatun's reign came to a bloody end and his memory was all but erased from official New Kingdom memory. Since monotheism (or near-monotheism) was a hallmark of early Hebrew Judaism it might be that this wave came from Hapiru rulers who were later overthrown but whose monotheism reverberated for about a century in the New Kingdom.

So the short answer is I don't know the answer to your slavery/captivity question but there is circumstantial evidence about what might have been a Hebrew captivity after the overthrow of the Hyksos and their foot-auxiliaries the Apiru/Hapiru/Habiru.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

???
Where did the Hebrews come from
Some experts say they were the “outlaws or kicked out folks “
Who did not fit into society . Many were outcast living off the grid ??

There is no evidence of any exodus of any Jewish pottery or supplies in the Sinai or Egypt

I thought the hapiru were the Hebrew outcasts ??

You seem very sagacious on many topics
I don’t know how you know this stuff ???

Back
Top Bottom