• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

100,000 North Korean soldiers could be sent to bolster Putin’s forces fighting Ukraine

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Up to 100,000 North Korean soldiers could be sent to bolster Vladimir Putin’s forces fighting Ukraine, according to Russian reports.
A leading defence expert in Moscow, reserve colonel Igor Korotchenko, told state TV: “We shouldn’t be shy in accepting the hand extended to us by Kim Jong-un.”
North Korea has made it clear through “diplomatic channels” that as well as providing builders to repair war damage, it is ready to supply a vast fighting force, reported Regnum news agency.

It makes for an interesting headline and saber rattling, but I question the practicality of it.

Up to 100,000 North Korean soldiers could be sent to bolster Vladimir Putin’s forces fighting Ukraine, according to Russian reports.
A leading defence expert in Moscow, reserve colonel Igor Korotchenko, told state TV: “We shouldn’t be shy in accepting the hand extended to us by Kim Jong-un.”
North Korea has made it clear through “diplomatic channels” that as well as providing builders to repair war damage, it is ready to supply a vast fighting force, reported Regnum news agency.

It makes for an interesting headline and saber rattling, but I question the practicality of it.
I doubt this is true

That would be the time to attack North Korea.

if they have to borrow soldiers then my whole opinion of the war is changed.
Borrowing suggest they will give them back. Many will die

What is practical about NK?

A. I doubt it.

B. What would putin need with 100,000 more malnourished under equipped dependents?

If this is true, then it means Russia is doing everything it can to avoid total war mobilization and calling up millions of men to achieve a clear victory in Ukraine. That might be good news. But the North Koreans are brutal bastards. No less so than the Russians.

A. I doubt it.

B. What would putin need with 100,000 more malnourished under equipped dependents?

If this is serious, then I would speculate it may be to prevent general social instability and upheaval. Apparently, Russia has mainly been sending its ethnic minority soldiers from its far-flung outer regions to fight and die in Ukraine, rather than the ethnic "White" Western Russians who make up a majority of its population and are from the main power centers of Russia (Moscow and St. Petersburg). But from what I have heard, if more boys from the European parts of Russia who make up Putin's political base come home in bodybags, then it might cause a breakdown in Russian society as Russian fathers and mothers protest the war.

But if thousands of North Koreans die in the repression of Ukraine? Who cares?

I doubt this is true
It probably is just a scare tactic, but it wouldn't surprise me if true. It seems to me all the N Korean combat vets are old. NK may want to have their troops get actual combat experience.

I imagine no small number of North Korean conscripts would welcome it. Russian rations would probably be two big steps up from North Korean food rations I expect.
LOL.

Probably true. The troops might not want to go home.

NK should also send body bags with their soldiers to come home in.

LOL.

Probably true. The troops might not want to go home.

I don't doubt it. If you are a North Korean, living out your days in Russia would probably feel like being in paradise by comparison.

It probably is just a scare tactic, but it wouldn't surprise me if true. It seems to me all the N Korean combat vets are old. NK may want to have their troops get actual combat experience.

I think it would be pure barter for both governments. 100,000 young North Korean bodies in exchange for a substantial amount of Russian food and fuel to get the DPRK through winter.

Unlikely this is anything but rhetoric.

If this is serious, then I would speculate it may be to prevent general social instability and upheaval. Apparently, Russia has mainly been sending its ethnic minority soldiers from its far-flung outer regions to fight and die in Ukraine, rather than the ethnic "White" Western Russians who make up a majority of its population and are from the main power centers of Russia (Moscow and St. Petersburg). But from what I have heard, if more boys from the European parts of Russia who make up Putin's political base come home in bodybags, then it might cause a breakdown in Russian society as Russian fathers and mothers protest the war.

But if thousands of North Koreans die in the repression of Ukraine? Who cares?

For North Korea it's a two-for. One they get to reduce the population using internal resources as the Korean units are fed by Russia. Two, they get both combat experience and N. Korea gets posted on the international stage as a world player.

Bingo!

Once they see life in Europe, they would never want to return to that police state!
What makes you think they will see outside of a combat zone?

And Ukraine, isn't much better than N. Korea.

Propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom