• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

10-year anniversary of OJ's acquittal

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Yesterday marked the 10-year anniversary of OJ Simpson's acquittal.

Remember when he was acquitted, he said he was going to find the real killer/killers of his ex-wife and her boyfriend? Does anyone know how his search went? Oh yeah, he looked in the mirror.......

I know he was found "not guilty," but do you all think he was guilty? I certainly do. The only thing that appeases me in his being acquitted is that I do not believe he is a danger to society.

In a sick way it was funny. The deaths of course were very terible ,but. You had O.J. simpson the whitest blackman in America. Using being black to get off rom a murder charge. The prosecutor was helpful by moving the trial. Simpson started eating corn bead and collard greens and all of a sudden he was a brutha .
The man played golf at clubs that blacks couldn't join.He never gave to black causes, he sure as hell never ventured into black neighborhoods. He used being black to beat the wrap.After he got off he went back to being the whitest blackman in America.Back to those same Country clubs and back to his all white neighborhood.

Yea, he is definetly a cold-blooded killer IMO. He wasn't convicted, that shows that we hold money over morals in terms of importance.

He was guilty. Everyone knows it. Even his lawyers. His case proved that race isn't a issue but rather money gurantees a person an aquittal in a trial.

It's about time my thread got some attention. ;)

I don't think the verdict was about money at all--I think it was a primarily black jury deciding to acquit a black man to prove a point (let's not forget the Rodney King verdict).

aps said:
It's about time my thread got some attention. ;)

I don't think the verdict was about money at all--I think it was a primarily black jury deciding to acquit a black man to prove a point (let's not forget the Rodney King verdict).

IMO money played a big part in it. Look, if it was some hooftie off the street, the court would have without a doubt convicted him. Money makes the world go round.

kal-el said:
IMO money played a big part in it. Look, if it was some hooftie off the street, the court would have without a doubt convicted him. Money makes the world go round.

You have a point.

Everyone of you should read "Outrage," by Vincent Bugliosi.

Bugliosi makes a strong case that OJ didn't 'get off' because of some imaginary 'dream team,' but because of the complete ineptness of the prosecution. The prosecution blew that case...despite all the blood evidence and past abuse by OJ, and stalking Nicole...all on police records, the prosecution had an air tight case.

And now we have Marcia Clark hired as some sort of judicial law expert, I believe by Fox?! Marcia Clark is a retarded, slobbering fool...I wouldn't listen to a single word she says...she's an idiot.

The whole prosecution team made mistake, after mistake, after mistake in that courtroom trial. OJ being black, or having a great defense team had little, if anything, to do with him walking free...it was the bungling of the prosecution that allowed OJ to walk, and I don't blame the jury...they had no other choice but to vote not guilty.

Hoot said:
And now we have Marcia Clark hired as some sort of judicial law expert, I believe by Fox?! Marcia Clark is a retarded, slobbering fool...I wouldn't listen to a single word she says...she's an idiot.

:2rofll: This is the funniest thing I have seen all day. Hoot, your delivery is priceless. Fox hired her? Why doesn't that surprise me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom