• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10 Things Liberals Need to Stop Saying

the lefty brainwashed crew is out in force in this thread, no doubt they live off of my taxes, yet the irony of the consequences which regulating me out of a job will create is lost on them.

Actually you sound like someone who I would support keeping his job in the coal mines for life even if we stop using coal! Keep on digging, we won't stop you.

Really? Allow me to point you to what your fellow conservative "QuadpolarNutJob (who claims to be a centrist) said in this very thread in #12:

"liberals are brainwashed and/or greedy. they want you to work to provide for them. they want you disarmed so they can steal from you. so they can kill you. liberalism is a disease. the left has done nothing but destroy societies which allow it to seize power."

Yeah, but according to you, it's the liberals who're doing all the name-calling.

Did I say Nixon was the reason why SOME liberals use the term 'racist'? No, I didn't. That's just you making up stuff...and apparently not for the first time.

But it's been noted already in this thread that you somehow think that racism's only there because people say, "racist!"...which is sorta like saying that "people are only fat because people call them fat".

Yeah, and methane existed before humans too...and too much of it, as with ANY substance, will kill you.

I skipped much of the rest because the above quote should help you. Look at it again - your quote means that ONLY within the past 2.5 million years (which includes almost all of modern human evolution) was the level below 400 PPM. Do you REALLY think it's a good idea to allow our climate to go back to the way it was BEFORE human evolution took off? Do you really?

Here's the thing, guy - if your side is right about AGW but we liberals get our way with regulation, what happens? Depending on whom you ask, the answers range from economic prosperity to economic doom...but the answers are ALL about economics.

However, if OUR side (which includes the overwhelming majority of the world's scientific community) is right about AGW, yet conservative get their way and we do NOTHING about it, what happens? A very real threat to human civilization - including all the wars that may well happen as a direct result. For instance, did you know that a significant part of the unrest that led to the Syrian civil war was due to the migration of farmers who could no longer grow their crops in the Syrian countryside? It was too hot and too dry for their crops...so they had to go to the cities, and the influx of those farmers increased the already overpopulated slums.

So that's the gamble we're taking - do everything to stop global warming, and the worst that can happen is economic problems...or do nothing to stop global warming, and the worst that can happen is a threat to worldwide human civilization.

Is that a wise gamble to take? Is it really?

You might be starting to get it. Think on it for a bit and get back to me. :)

it would be a cool story, if you were pulling your own weight. chit chat with your fellows liberals about their employment status, you might not like what you find.

Yeah, yeah, liberals are all shiftless unemployed losers. More false, moronic tripe. Predictable as the sunrise.

giphy.gif

I know...it is confusing...right? I'm pointing out the divisiveness of name calling and label making in an attempt to get people to stop being so damned partisan. I'm doing it by using a left wing tactic, putting a right wing spin on it and watching the left unravel themselves as they become irate over the same types of allegations their own side hurls at us. Maybe it is a lost cause.

I see arguments in this list all the time. I know you liberals are well meaning and have the best interest of the country at heart. We disagree on what is best for the country and I welcome that debate. But, when you engage in the following practices, I’m not going to listen to you.

1. Racist! – Racist, sexist, homophobe and any other divisive terminology has to stop. People are not spending their days looking for ways to suppress minorities. The only group attempting to suppress anyone is you. You attack people for disagreeing with you and take part in these mindless name calling games. We get that you have a problem with dissenting viewpoints. Now, do the right thing, skip the name calling and come help us try to govern a country.

2. The Earth is Warming! – Ok, yes, the Earth is warming. But let’s be real. We don’t KNOW why. Know is the key word. We have a hypothesis that is accepted by many, but it is not a rule or law of physics or climate science. The Earth has been warming for thousands of years before man came along. In fact, had the Earth not warmed, we couldn’t live here. Understand, we can’t eliminate carbon output. It can’t be done. Nor should we cause millions of people to suffer from the economic destruction that is part of the Global Warming agenda. We can put together incentives to drive innovation towards cleaner energy. But nothing will be perfect. Stop belittling everyone that doesn’t believe in your hypothesis and creating grand conspiracies to account for dissention.

3. Deficits don’t matter. – Yes, yes they do. As the deficit increases our government is forced to devalue our currency to make it easier to eliminate the debt that they just can’t pay off. For the average person, that means our income may increase, but the buying power decreases. That is why you are seeing more and more middle class people living like they are in poverty. Deficits are destroying the middle class and preventing the poor from making progress. Deficits matter.

4. The 1% needs to pay their fair share! – They do. They pay higher effective tax rates than anyone in the country, except for corporations (we will get to them next). This movement that portends that the rich are to blame for all of society’s ills is using that false logic to try the rich in the court of public opinion and get a conviction of monetary remuneration without a trial and without allowing the rich to present one iota of evidence. That is as un-American as it gets. If the rich are truly guilty of harming society, then they need to be brought up on charges and given a day in court to defend their actions. We wouldn’t do this to any other groups based on a single factor like income. Can you imagine putting a bill in congress that requires all white Judeo-Christian men to pay a retribution tax? Of course not….well maybe you can. But the rest of us know that it is wrong. The rich are not to blame for everything you find wrong with America and it is not American to find them guilty of these ills without a trial.

1: The right-is racist and homophobic

2: The earth is definitely getting warmer: see the north pole that is shrinking.

3: Deficits don't matter, because if they did Republican presidents and majorities wouldn't allow them on their own watch.

4: The 1% skate on everybody else's backs and the facts show it.

I never said they were not. I said that corporations are not inherently evil and should not be subject to unsubstantiated punishment.

Taxation and regulation are NOT punishment. Taxation and regulation are what are necessary to maintain our national infrastructure, to encourage ethical behavior by businesses, and to ensure a level playing field.

However, if you really want to see what life is like in a nation where corporations face very little regulation indeed, go to just about any third-world democracy you like (I've lived in one and still have a house there)...and you can see for yourself what businesses get away with when there's little or no regulation...with all-too-often tragic results.

If we've stepped on all 3.3 million the Muslims in America, why have only a few dozen fought back? I said we need to fight RADICAL Islam. Not Islam.

Maybe 'cause most of them don't believe that it's right to do so...but the more we (actually, Trump and the Right, but in the eyes of the Muslims, America as a whole) step on them, the more will be radicalized.

Germany's debt is every bit as bad as ours. It can't be done.

Germany's debt is LOWER than ours. Our debt-to-GDP ratio is about 104%...theirs is about 77%.

It CAN be done...because it IS being done. And while you're at it, check out Australia, New Zealand, and the Scandinavian countries.

One last thing - the saying goes, "Can't never could"...meaning that as long as you believe it can't be done, you're absolutely right...even when you can see with your own eyes that others ARE doing it already.

Yeah, sure, whatever you say. It is too bad you got caught in hypocrisy right from the start, that some random piece from some other site has nothing to do with the people here, and you actually have not shown hypocrisy in that piece since you have no idea what he actually believes.

Does it not? Do I really need to comb through the posts to find unfounded use of the term racist to prove it does apply? I would think that someone with 84,743 posts and climbing has surely seen these tactics on here.

I know...it is confusing...right? I'm pointing out the divisiveness of name calling and label making in an attempt to get people to stop being so damned partisan. I'm doing it by using a left wing tactic, putting a right wing spin on it and watching the left unravel themselves as they become irate over the same types of allegations their own side hurls at us. Maybe it is a lost cause.

where is the other list, the one the liberals made about conservatives?

1: The right-is racist and homophobic

2: The earth is definitely getting warmer: see the north pole that is shrinking.

3: Deficits don't matter, because if they did Republican presidents and majorities wouldn't allow them on their own watch.

4: The 1% skate on everybody else's backs and the facts show it.

At least we know I didn't improperly frame the left's retorts.

Does it not? Do I really need to comb through the posts to find unfounded use of the term racist to prove it does apply? I would think that someone with 84,743 posts and climbing has surely seen these tactics on here.

I found it right in your post history. That is what makes it so wonderful.

I found it right in your post history. That is what makes it so wonderful.

I've always used the term against liberals claiming racism to point out that they make the charge based solely on the race of the individual being charged. A clearly racist thing to do.

No body gets me ;)

I've always used the term against liberals claiming racism to point out that they make the charge based solely on the race of the individual being charged. A clearly racist thing to do.

No body gets me ;)

Maybe they get you all too well. One of us likes to make charges of racism, while bitching about others doing the same. One of us doesn't.

Ten Things White People Need To Quit Saying

There are more. I just used this one as the basis for my post.
but thats a list about white people not conservatives?

which thing on this list is wrong?
Do not use the word “exotic” to refer to humans who do not look like you. We are not fruit, and it is not a compliment. The longer you insist on assuring us that it is a compliment, the stupider you look. Just give it up.

Do not use the word “ethnic” as though it were a distinct race or nationality.

Do not ask people where they are from more than once. Trust them the first time. No need for “Where are you really from?” or “Where are your parents from?”

Avoid statements like, “Wouldn’t it be great to live during [insert any era during which the person you’re talking to couldn’t vote or own property]?”

Resist the urge to ever say, “I have a lot of [fill in the blank with the racial, religious or ethnic group with which you are least familiar] friends.”

Remember that reverse racism isn’t a thing. Racism is about the abuse of power and privilege. If your race denies you power and privilege, then you can’t be racist.

Certainly, you can still be an asshole. Just not a racist.

Unless you are one of “those people” making fun of other people calling you “those people,” then never say “those people.”

Think before asking people to explain an entire race, religion, civilization or geographic region to you simply because they happen to identify with that background.

Don’t expect a 14-year-old girl who covers her hair to explain all of Islam to you in ten minutes or less simply because you’re too lazy to read a book. Get a library card and let her eat her lunch in peace.

Remember, we are not all from any one place. Pretending we are just makes you look delusional. So avoid the “We’re all from Africa anyway” statements.
Unless you have achromatopsia, never say “I don’t see color.”

I know...it is confusing...right? I'm pointing out the divisiveness of name calling and label making in an attempt to get people to stop being so damned partisan.
image.png

Is there a liberal calling for a balanced budget? Can you name one.

Ever hear the phrase, "Deeds, not words"? Conservatives can cry "Balanced budget!" all day long...but the actions of the GOP have been anything but supportive of a balanced budget...whereas Clinton DID wind up having a balanced budget (which Dubya pissed away with tax cuts for the rich), and Obama HAS cut the deficit by half.

Again, deeds, not words.

Because Buffet earns a lot of his money out of country. Do you think it is right for the US to tax businesses that aren't in the US? Can we go tax the Bestway Group of Great Britain? They don't operate in the US, to my knowledge. Because that is the loophole to which you are referring...right? Businesses stop conducting business in the US to escape our taxes.

Concerning those businesses based outside America, but are still owned by Americans...do those businesses still benefit from American taxpayer dollars? You betcha! Every single barrel of oil that comes out of the Persian Gulf is protected by the US Navy, as are the ships carrying not just oil, but cargo of all types, that go through the pirate-infested waters along the eastern coast of Africa. What's more, our military keeps the peace over much of this planet - do Japan and South Korea (and, by extension, American-owned businesses in Japan and South Korea) benefit from our taxpayer-funded military protection? You betcha!

AND if the American is overseas and gets kidnapped, does the American government get directly involved to try to rescue him or her? You betcha! All part of the rights and benefits of being an American citizen!

So...yeah, it is ABSOLUTELY right that Americans who own businesses overseas pay American taxes.

Oh, and one more thing - the reason why Warren Buffet pays a lower rate in taxes than his secretary isn't because of his overseas interests - it's because of the capital gains tax breaks he (and most of the other super-rich) get.

Ever hear the phrase, "Deeds, not words"? Conservatives can cry "Balanced budget!" all day long...but the actions of the GOP have been anything but supportive of a balanced budget...whereas Clinton DID wind up having a balanced budget (which Dubya pissed away with tax cuts for the rich), and Obama HAS cut the deficit by half.

Again, deeds, not words.

Concerning those businesses based outside America, but are still owned by Americans...do those businesses still benefit from American taxpayer dollars? You betcha! Every single barrel of oil that comes out of the Persian Gulf is protected by the US Navy, as are the ships carrying not just oil, but cargo of all types, that go through the pirate-infested waters along the eastern coast of Africa. What's more, our military keeps the peace over much of this planet - do Japan and South Korea (and, by extension, American-owned businesses in Japan and South Korea) benefit from our taxpayer-funded military protection? You betcha!

AND if the American is overseas and gets kidnapped, does the American government get directly involved to try to rescue him or her? You betcha! All part of the rights and benefits of being an American citizen!

So...yeah, it is ABSOLUTELY right that Americans who own businesses overseas pay American taxes.

Oh, and one more thing - the reason why Warren Buffet pays a lower rate in taxes than his secretary isn't because of his overseas interests - it's because of the capital gains tax breaks he (and most of the other super-rich) get.

Well at least you've proven that my list isn't that far off kilter.

so you just hate name calling and list making so much...... that you decided to make a pretty long list, calling everyone you disagree with names?

Would you have replied if it was a short list?

Would you have replied if it was a short list?

no wait hold on lets go back .... the reason you decided to make a list, calling everyone you disagree with names. Is because you despise name calling and list making, you expect us to believe that?

no wait hold on lets go back .... the reason you decided to make a list, calling everyone you disagree with names. Is because you despise name calling and list making, you expect us to believe that?

Yes....that is exactly why I did it. The article inspired me to create an opposing article to show how divisive the original article was. She used 10 points...I used 10 points. She told people at the end they can't argue with her...I told people at they end they can't argue with me. I took a lot of liberty, of course...but I definitely parroted her divisiveness to prove a point and it worked.

Yes....that is exactly why I did it. The article inspired me to create an opposing article to show how divisive the original article was.

alright well... just dont do it again

giphy.gif

liberals are brainwashed and/or greedy. they want you to work to provide for them. they want you disarmed so they can steal from you. so they can kill you. liberalism is a disease. the left has done nothing but destroy societies which allow it to seize power. it can happen here. don't let it.
That is xenophobia and very ugly. My own experience of the issue tells me you are parroting learned hate.

Back
Top Bottom