• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10 Things Liberals Need to Stop Saying

If I wanted to tell as many lies as in the OPs, I'd assert that conservatives need to stop raping their neighbor's dogs to death while drowning a baby in each hand, for fun, every Friday.

But I'm not going to say that.

Of course not: they do it every Tuesday!

People are not spending their days looking for ways to suppress minorities.

No, they just grab a few guns and shoot up a black church or a gay club.

Where do you get this stuff? There IS still plenty of racism and associated bigotry/hatred in America. Where there is hatred, there WILL be hate-based violence.

The solution is not to tell everyone to stop mentioning the existence of the hatred. It's not going to go away if we just hold our noses and look the other way. (I am assuming/hoping that we are in agreement that shootings and other violence based on hatred are bad things that should be solved).

sure they do

g69krp3ndntzd3qzyxrl.png

Sigh...do you really think that is what the majority of the opposing view holders do?

So...Agent J...how do you REALLY feel about the OP and this fantasy of his?

C'mon...don't hold back.

LMAO sure.

the OP (original post) is a complete fantasy post from start to finish is based on lies, partisan hyperbolic rants, illogical retarded stereotypes, is topically uneducated and nothing more than divisive inane sound bytes that are exactly what is wrong with american politics today.

It embodies everything that is wrong with biased extremist views that pollute logical, honest and objective conversations and is a perfect example of the problem instead of the solution.

THe normal honest and educated people here will do nothing more than laugh at it and mock it for its comedic but also sad value.

Its entertainment for normal honest views and should make the majority of us feel better about ourselves since we could never say such tripe and fool ourselves into meaning it or believing it.

Last edited:
No, they just grab a few guns and shoot up a black church or a gay club.

Where do you get this stuff? There IS still plenty of racism and associated bigotry/hatred in America. Where there is hatred, there WILL be hate-based violence.

The solution is not to tell everyone to stop mentioning the existence of the hatred. It's not going to go away if we just hold our noses and look the other way. (I am assuming/hoping that we are in agreement that shootings and other violence based on hatred are bad things that should be solved).

Do you think the majority of the opposing view holders are racists?

5. Corporations are evil because…. –

Corporations are not evil per se...but the unfettered influence of the profit motive is. The Gulf oil spill is a perfect example - if BP had been willing to spend a half million on a certain piece of equipment, it would not have cost them $25B...and it would not have cost so many businesses on the coast their livelihoods.

Don't get me wrong - I've seen first-hand in my own business how much of a royal pain in the ass those regulations are...but MOST regulations (though certainly not all) are there for good reason.

6. Radical Islam isn’t the problem and Christians do it to. – Yes, Radical Islam is the problem and no Christians are not flying aircraft into building, committing genocide in vast portions of any region, planting bombs at public events, or killing dozens of people just because they sin.

Over the past 30 years or so, there's been how many Muslims in America involved in terrorist attacks? A few dozen, tops. Right now, however, there are 3.3 million Muslims in America. The Right in general and Trump in particular is casting suspicion an distrust on ALL 3.3 million of those American Muslims ("They all have to register with the government and we're gonna ban any more from coming here") because of the actions of a few dozen. And then y'all wonder why a very few of them get really pissed off, join ISIS, and go commit atrocities.

KSU, if someone steps on you, what do you personally do? You get pissed off and fight back. That's what's going on here - they see us as having stepped on them (like for example invading Iraq and causing 100K+ deaths of Iraqi men, women, and children)...and so they get pissed off and radicalized.

Here's a clue - when those of a religion think they're getting attacked, does it make them weaker in the faith, or does it make them stronger? It makes them STRONGER in the faith - it edifies them. Look at the nations that the terrorists attacked in Europe - they're ALL nations that waged war in the Middle East...whereas other, much more vulnerable nations - like Greece, for instance (I was just there last week) has a lot more Muslims (and a LOT more Syrian refugees), but there are few if any terrorist incidents.

That, sir, is not a coincidence.

7. It should be free. – It can be anything from Healthcare (it is one word people…ONE WORD) to college. Nothing is free. We live in a country that is so mired in debt that any discussion of new programs has to come with a discussion on balancing the budget. We can’t pay for everyone’s healthcare and college. We can’t even pay for roads, military and basic infrastructure that is needed. We aren’t rich. In fact, we should envy the homeless. At least they don’t have the weight of debt dragging them down.

Yeah, we can't pay for all that...but Germany can and (for the most part) does? Oh, I get it - see, those Germans are a different kind of human being, and we Americans, since we're those oh-so-exceptional American human beings, we can't do what the Germans have done for many years already.

Yeah, it CAN be done...because it IS being done. All that's required is the courage to do it.

8. The Constitution says “provide for the general welfare” so we can do whatever we think is good for the country. – Wrong. Absolutely, 100% wrong. The Constitution says “provide for the general welfare” in two places, the preamble and the tax and spend clause. The preamble does not grant power to any branch of government. It just doesn’t. It is a mission statement for the government. As such, it limits the government to “form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty.” Then, each branch can achieve those goals based on their enumerated powers. The second time it is mentioned is in Article 1, Section 8. That grants congress the ability to tax and spend for the general welfare of the United States. That means the federal government is the only beneficiary. If they wanted the people or citizens to be the beneficiary of that clause, they would have used either of those terms. They didn’t, so we aren’t. If you don’t like that, amend the Constitution.

Here we go with the "Constitution" argument again. Tell you what - go check the statistics on the poverty rate for the elderly before Social Security came along. Go check on the literacy rate of Americans before public schools were implemented. Go check on what it was like to travel from one side of the nation to the other before Eisenhower implemented the interstate highway system (which was actually a Defense project).

In other words, the "good old days" weren't nearly as good or as free as you seem to believe.

9. It is a micro-aggression. – Oh just grow up. Why do you have to be so offended by everything? Stop looking for reasons to be mad at people and start looking for reasons to be nice. How high is your blood pressure and psychiatrist bill if you have to find some racism, sexism or other –ism in everything. Like I side in #1, the average person isn’t spending their days trying to find ways to oppress other people. Just you.

You're a white male, right? That means that despite what you may personally believe, you have NEVER been at the very bottom of the social ladder in America. Which is probably why you seem to believe that the freedom to discriminate is somehow more American than freedom from discrimination.

10. I’m vegan and you should be to! – Ok, maybe so. But I don’t want to be. So stop banning/taxing foods that I like. It is my life and my healthcare bills, so it is my problem. We need to get back to a government that protects us from threats foreign and domestic and protects our rights, freedoms and liberties without putting their nose into our daily lives.

Here's a clue - most of us far-left liberals are NOT vegan. Some are...but most aren't, including myself - come over here and I'll cook you up a ribeye that'll make your eyes water. So again, stop with the broad-brush accusations, willya?

That said, is obesity a problem in America? It's a freaking epidemic...and thanks to the heart disease and diabetes that are directly related to obesity, it's costing us hundreds of billions of dollars in lost productivity and disability...and it's a bigger problem in the oh-so-conservative Deep South than anywhere else.

So how you gonna pay for the problems that are due in large part to the obesity (that is a greater problem in the Deep South than anywhere else)? Tell the people, "Tough luck, you're on your own - I'm not going to allow the government to help pay for your heart medication or your insulin"? Is that your solution?

It's the same thing as with cigarettes - the taxes go to help pay for the societial problems that are caused with overconsumption of that product.

Are you offended by this? Fine. But I don’t want to hear about it. Get over it. Grow up.

Yeah, grow up. Get a clue that there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you want to live in a first-world nation, you have to put up with the big government, high effective taxes, and strong regulation that are required in order to reach and maintain first-world status...

...because those are the three factors that are present in EVERY first-world nation: big government, high effective taxes, and strong regulation.

America - love it or leave it.

liberals are brainwashed and/or greedy. they want you to work to provide for them. they want you disarmed so they can steal from you. so they can kill you. liberalism is a disease. the left has done nothing but destroy societies which allow it to seize power. it can happen here. don't let it.

What an incredibly appropriate name this individual has chosen for himself!

Hyper race baiting is causing an uncross-able chasm between the left and the right. In conjunction with the other factors listed above.

Except when you do it...

Corporations are not evil per se...but the unfettered influence of the profit motive is. The Gulf oil spill is a perfect example - if BP had been willing to spend a half million on a certain piece of equipment, it would not have cost them $25B...and it would not have cost so many businesses on the coast their livelihoods.

Don't get me wrong - I've seen first-hand in my own business how much of a royal pain in the ass those regulations are...but MOST regulations (though certainly not all) are there for good reason.

I never said they were not. I said that corporations are not inherently evil and should not be subject to unsubstantiated punishment.

Over the past 30 years or so, there's been how many Muslims in America involved in terrorist attacks? A few dozen, tops. Right now, however, there are 3.3 million Muslims in America. The Right in general and Trump in particular is casting suspicion an distrust on ALL 3.3 million of those American Muslims ("They all have to register with the government and we're gonna ban any more from coming here") because of the actions of a few dozen. And then y'all wonder why a very few of them get really pissed off, join ISIS, and go commit atrocities.

KSU, if someone steps on you, what do you personally do? You get pissed off and fight back. That's what's going on here - they see us as having stepped on them (like for example invading Iraq and causing 100K+ deaths of Iraqi men, women, and children)...and so they get pissed off and radicalized.

Here's a clue - when those of a religion think they're getting attacked, does it make them weaker in the faith, or does it make them stronger? It makes them STRONGER in the faith - it edifies them. Look at the nations that the terrorists attacked in Europe - they're ALL nations that waged war in the Middle East...whereas other, much more vulnerable nations - like Greece, for instance (I was just there last week) has a lot more Muslims (and a LOT more Syrian refugees), but there are few if any terrorist incidents.

That, sir, is not a coincidence.

If we've stepped on all 3.3 million the Muslims in America, why have only a few dozen fought back? I said we need to fight RADICAL Islam. Not Islam.

Yeah, we can't pay for all that...but Germany can and does? Oh, I get it - see, those Germans are a different kind of human being, and we Americans, since we're those oh-so-exceptional American human beings, we can't do what the Germans have done for many years already.

Yeah, it CAN be done...because it IS being done. All that's required is the courage to do it.

Germany's debt is every bit as bad as ours. It can't be done.

I see arguments in this list all the time. I know you liberals are well meaning and have the best interest of the country at heart. We disagree on what is best for the country and I welcome that debate. But, when you engage in the following practices, I’m not going to listen to you.

1. Racist! – Racist, sexist, homophobe and any other divisive terminology has to stop. People are not spending their days looking for ways to suppress minorities. The only group attempting to suppress anyone is you. You attack people for disagreeing with you and take part in these mindless name calling games. We get that you have a problem with dissenting viewpoints. Now, do the right thing, skip the name calling and come help us try to govern a country.

2. The Earth is Warming! – Ok, yes, the Earth is warming. But let’s be real. We don’t KNOW why. Know is the key word. We have a hypothesis that is accepted by many, but it is not a rule or law of physics or climate science. The Earth has been warming for thousands of years before man came along. In fact, had the Earth not warmed, we couldn’t live here. Understand, we can’t eliminate carbon output. It can’t be done. Nor should we cause millions of people to suffer from the economic destruction that is part of the Global Warming agenda. We can put together incentives to drive innovation towards cleaner energy. But nothing will be perfect. Stop belittling everyone that doesn’t believe in your hypothesis and creating grand conspiracies to account for dissention.

3. Deficits don’t matter. – Yes, yes they do. As the deficit increases our government is forced to devalue our currency to make it easier to eliminate the debt that they just can’t pay off. For the average person, that means our income may increase, but the buying power decreases. That is why you are seeing more and more middle class people living like they are in poverty. Deficits are destroying the middle class and preventing the poor from making progress. Deficits matter.

4. The 1% needs to pay their fair share! – They do. They pay higher effective tax rates than anyone in the country, except for corporations (we will get to them next). This movement that portends that the rich are to blame for all of society’s ills is using that false logic to try the rich in the court of public opinion and get a conviction of monetary remuneration without a trial and without allowing the rich to present one iota of evidence. That is as un-American as it gets. If the rich are truly guilty of harming society, then they need to be brought up on charges and given a day in court to defend their actions. We wouldn’t do this to any other groups based on a single factor like income. Can you imagine putting a bill in congress that requires all white Judeo-Christian men to pay a retribution tax? Of course not….well maybe you can. But the rest of us know that it is wrong. The rich are not to blame for everything you find wrong with America and it is not American to find them guilty of these ills without a trial.
1. If you don't like being called a racist stop acting like one.
2. If you are not a scientist stop acting like one. Denying science is like denying breathing. Science does not change the way things are, it only seeks to explain them.
3. If you don't like hearing "deficits don't matter", don't elect VP's who say that very thing while running record deficits.
4. If you think the 1% paying a lower % than the middle class does on their income is fair you are hopeless.

Last edited:
Except when you do it...

That's the point...I created a list that mimics one written by a liberal to illustrate the hypocrisy of the list. That is literally what I'm trying to get people to understand.

Here we go with the "Constitution" argument again. Tell you what - go check the statistics on the poverty rate for the elderly before Social Security came along. Go check on the literacy rate of Americans before public schools were implemented. Go check on what it was like to travel from one side of the nation to the other before Eisenhower implemented the interstate highway system (which was actually a Defense project).

In other words, the "good old days" weren't nearly as good or as free as you seem to believe.

You're a white male, right? That means that despite what you may personally believe, you have NEVER been at the very bottom of the social ladder in America. Which is probably why you seem to believe that the freedom to discriminate is somehow more American than freedom from discrimination.

Here's a clue - most of us far-left liberals are NOT vegan. Some are...but most aren't, including myself - come over here and I'll cook you up a ribeye that'll make your eyes water. So again, stop with the broad-brush accusations, willya?

That said, is obesity a problem in America? It's a freaking epidemic...and thanks to the heart disease and diabetes that are directly related to obesity, it's costing us hundreds of billions of dollars in lost productivity and disability...and it's a bigger problem in the oh-so-conservative Deep South than anywhere else.

So how you gonna pay for the problems that are due in large part to the obesity (that is a greater problem in the Deep South than anywhere else)? Tell the people, "Tough luck, you're on your own - I'm not going to allow the government to help pay for your heart medication or your insulin"? Is that your solution?

It's the same thing as with cigarettes - the taxes go to help pay for the societial problems that are caused with overconsumption of that product.

Yeah, grow up. Get a clue that there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you want to live in a first-world nation, you have to put up with the big government, high effective taxes, and strong regulation that are required in order to reach and maintain first-world status...

...because those are the three factors that are present in EVERY first-world nation: big government, high effective taxes, and strong regulation.

America - love it or leave it.

You should read the exchange from top to bottom between redress and I.

the lefty brainwashed crew is out in force in this thread, no doubt they live off of my taxes, yet the irony of the consequences which regulating me out of a job will create is lost on them.

1. If you don't like being called a racist stop acting like one.
2. If you are not a scientist stop acting like one. Denying science is like denying breathing. Science does not change the way things are, it only seeks to explain them.
3. If you don't like hearing "deficits don't matter", don't elect VP's who say that very thing while running record deficits.
4. If you think the 1% paying a lower % than the middle class does on their income is fair you are hopeless.

1. You've proven my point.
2. it doesn't take a scientist to understand scientific topics
3. DC isn't the only person to say it, and democrats certainly don't oppose it.
4. Budget Basics: How Much Do Americans Pay in Federal Taxes? | pgpf.org

From #1: "We get that you have a problem with dissenting viewpoints. Now, do the right thing, skip the name calling and come help us try to govern a country."

Ignorant or predictive? Predictive.

You mean the Republican's are interested in governing the country? That is great news, when did this happen?

the lefty brainwashed crew is out in force in this thread, no doubt they live off of my taxes, yet the irony of the consequences which regulating me out of a job will create is lost on them.

Cool story, bro!

Don't you think it is a little different when people call liberals socialist and they then describe themselves as democratic socialists? You don't see conservatives claiming to be democratic racists.

Really? Allow me to point you to what your fellow conservative "QuadpolarNutJob (who claims to be a centrist) said in this very thread in #12:

"liberals are brainwashed and/or greedy. they want you to work to provide for them. they want you disarmed so they can steal from you. so they can kill you. liberalism is a disease. the left has done nothing but destroy societies which allow it to seize power."

Yeah, but according to you, it's the liberals who're doing all the name-calling.

Nixon is to blame for liberals using the term racist? That's a new one. I know what the southern strategy is, but this is the first I heard it used as justification for name calling.

Did I say Nixon was the reason why SOME liberals use the term 'racist'? No, I didn't. That's just you making up stuff...and apparently not for the first time.

But it's been noted already in this thread that you somehow think that racism's only there because people say, "racist!"...which is sorta like saying that "people are only fat because people call them fat".

The fact that gravity exists is a law. Why/how it exists is a theory. However, CO2 did exist before humans. I don't know why you think it didn't. And, AGW is a hypothesis because it can't be tested or proven and we don't have a single predictive model that is accurate.

Yeah, and methane existed before humans too...and too much of it, as with ANY substance, will kill you.

In the last 600 million years of Earth's history only the Carboniferous Period and our present age, the Quaternary Period, have witnessed CO2 levels less than 400 ppm."

I skipped much of the rest because the above quote should help you. Look at it again - your quote means that ONLY within the past 2.5 million years (which includes almost all of modern human evolution) was the level below 400 PPM. Do you REALLY think it's a good idea to allow our climate to go back to the way it was BEFORE human evolution took off? Do you really?

Let it go and work with us.

Here's the thing, guy - if your side is right about AGW but we liberals get our way with regulation, what happens? Depending on whom you ask, the answers range from economic prosperity to economic doom...but the answers are ALL about economics.

However, if OUR side (which includes the overwhelming majority of the world's scientific community) is right about AGW, yet conservative get their way and we do NOTHING about it, what happens? A very real threat to human civilization - including all the wars that may well happen as a direct result. For instance, did you know that a significant part of the unrest that led to the Syrian civil war was due to the migration of farmers who could no longer grow their crops in the Syrian countryside? It was too hot and too dry for their crops...so they had to go to the cities, and the influx of those farmers increased the already overpopulated slums.

So that's the gamble we're taking - do everything to stop global warming, and the worst that can happen is economic problems...or do nothing to stop global warming, and the worst that can happen is a threat to worldwide human civilization.

Is that a wise gamble to take? Is it really?

Cool story, bro!

it would be a cool story, if you were pulling your own weight. chit chat with your fellows liberals about their employment status, you might not like what you find.

That's the point...I created a list that mimics one written by a liberal to illustrate the hypocrisy of the list. That is literally what I'm trying to get people to understand.

giphy.gif

Yeah, sure, whatever you say. It is too bad you got caught in hypocrisy right from the start, that some random piece from some other site has nothing to do with the people here, and you actually have not shown hypocrisy in that piece since you have no idea what he actually believes.

Back
Top Bottom