• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10 Smallest Homes

Maybe as a vacation cottage out in the woods, but not as a primary residence. My own house is about as small as I'm comfortable with.

Sure if I were single with no kids. There are still some one bedroom & 2 room houses in my area from days of yore that older people, single people, and handicapped people seem to be willing to rent as soon as they become vacant.

The first house we bought was a craftsman cottage that was built in 1951. It was an 850 sq/ft one bedroom one bath. It was very cool and plenty big enough for the two of us.

As a vaction "home" or as a retirement home option there are many good deals to be had with smaller structures. The problem is often in finding a reasonably priced lot (with water, electric and septic/sewer) to put them on. The article largely ignored that cost saving goal since the examples offered were still very expensive despite the much smaller dwellings.

Park Models, Park Homes

House Plans Under 1000 Square Feet | Small House Plans

Small House that Feels Big: 800-square-feet Dream Home?

Cottage House Plan with 800 Square Feet and 2 Bedrooms from Dream Home Source | House Plan Code DHSW53967

Some friends of mine are doing just that. They use to have a Big home, 5 Bedrooms 3 baths 2/12 car garage with a side room attached.. Plus he built a room in the basement with a family area. As well as all the decking. It was a raised ranch style. So he built like Upper and lower decks. Then a tier right up to his Pool deck. Had 6 kids. Now they are all grown and have their own families.

So they just want to get a little ranch style house or cottage style on 3 or 4 acres of land. Both are older and wat something easier to take care of. Also no stairs.

I was drawn to the Alaskan cabin - would love a cabin of our own as a get-away in the mountains.

...but $600,000 for that 388 sqft beach house? Uh uh.

Back
Top Bottom