• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

10 Reasons Republicans Know No Joy

PerryLogan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
10 REASONS REPUBLICANS KNOW NO JOY:

I feel sorry for Republicans. They know very little joy.

Look at them: They've got virtually all the money. They control the media. They've got the vote in America hacked, so their political future is insured.

Yet they're unhappier than ever! In fact, they're almost going nuts. What's the deal?

1) Republicans are mostly Philistines, so the pleasures of art & literature are mostly denied to them.

2) They believe society is hopelessly decadent, so they're largely isolated from the culture that surrounds them.

3) They hate anyone who disagrees with them, which is most people. So their only friends are creeps like themselves (& I say that with love).

4) They are capable of having sex, but their sex drive is very modest. & of course they're not very good-looking. So there's not much joy of sex. Then there's all those sexual hang-ups––homophobia, misogyny, etc. I don't want to talk abot it.

5) Republicans have almost no sense of humor. They rarely even know when someone is kidding. Their only real joy is Schadenfreude––taking pleasure from other people's pain. They can enjoy a good gloat after a stolen election, but the pleasure is short-lived.

6) They're rather paranoid, always thinking liberals or Muslims or Jews or someone is plotting against them. They believe we're in a war on terrorism that will go on forever, & which we can never really win. (How's THAT for a bummer?)

7) Their policies never work, but they haven't noticed. They have to keep saying the economy is booming, when it's obviously not; that the war in Iraq is going well, which it is not; that America is doing well, when it most certainly is not.

8) Their tanking poll numbers prove that most Americans are seeing through their lies & getting madder & madder at them. That's gotta hurt, right?

9) They're not the most honest people in the world. Republicans tend to be crooked businessmen & the like. So they always have to watch out for the law.

10) They have to rationalize horrible things, such as war, pollution, election fraud, political repression, treason, & torture. They must know somewhere deep inside that they're going to be punished for all the things they're perpetrating.

Congratulations on being a bigoted prick. Glad to see that the left's "Tolerance" works for every minority...but apparently despite calling republicans a minority pretty much (since "most" don't agree with them) they don't fit into the left's "tolerant" thoughts. Wonderful.

Lets go down this WONDERFUL list that would be called racist if it was about another race, sexist if it was about another sex, but its about those "mean evil republicans" so its wonderful ;)

PerryLogan said:
10 REASONS REPUBLICANS KNOW NO JOY:

I feel sorry for Republicans. They know very little joy.

Look at them: They've got virtually all the money. They control the media. They've got the vote in America hacked, so their political future is insured.

Oh where to begin where to begin. You do realize that while there are many conservatives that are at the top of buisness and the like, they hardly control "all" the money. Do not forget that most of hollywood...a very very very liberal community....makes buko bucks as well. Also don't forget that the democratic money machine isn't exactly what I'd call a "slouch" either. As far as control of the media, its up for the call. The corperations that own the media may be mostly conservative based however the majority in media from almost every pole I've seen tend to be liberals. As far as the "Vote in americ hacked"...nice job at spouting rhetoric with out giving any facts to back it up in the slightest. Starting this off really intellegent.

Yet they're unhappier than ever! In fact, they're almost going nuts. What's the deal?

1) Republicans are mostly Philistines, so the pleasures of art & literature are mostly denied to them.

Alright, so far swing and a miss.. At most I would consider myself loosely christian, mostly spiritural if anything religious wise, but in all reality mostly agnostic. Yeah, there's probably a god, but really i don't think any religions got it right and just try to live a good life. I enjoy art...espicially music...and absolutely love reading including some things (DaVinchi Code most recently) that are critized heavily by the "philistines". Next

2) They believe society is hopelessly decadent, so they're largely isolated from the culture that surrounds them.

Hmm, another one missing here. I think our country and society is on a rise, and I enjoy taking in the culture around me greatly be it outside cultures that I'm lucky enough to experience thanks to the freedom America brings to us or by those things that are "traditionally" american as well.

3) They hate anyone who disagrees with them, which is most people. So their only friends are creeps like themselves (& I say that with love).

Damn, didn't realize I hate my roommates, a bit of my fraternity, and probably 50% of my school. Good to know I also apparently hate my Mother and Father, who I both disagree with at times despite (and who disagree with each other at times) despite all three of us being conservatives. Great to know I hate these people, thank you for telling me. Possibly rephrase that to "annoyed by people that disagree without any real basis or reason besides spouting typicial rhetoric that basically boils down to 'wahhh i hate bush, he sux'", then you'd be right.

4) They are capable of having sex, but their sex drive is very modest. & of course they're not very good-looking. So there's not much joy of sex. Then there's all those sexual hang-ups––homophobia, misogyny, etc. I don't want to talk abot it.

Now this one I LOVE! Jesus Christ, if my sex drive currently is "modest" god help my current girlfriend if she meets someone else that has a "large" sex drive. This has to be the stupidest argument i've seen. I'd also counter the "not much joy in sex and sexual hangup's" part but I really really don't think anyone wants to get into the things I've done in my sex life...I'll simply say, I enjoy a range of flavors a little farther from soft server and a little closer to baskin robins if you get my analogy.

5) Republicans have almost no sense of humor. They rarely even know when someone is kidding. Their only real joy is Schadenfreude––taking pleasure from other people's pain. They can enjoy a good gloat after a stolen election, but the pleasure is short-lived.

Strange that I'm known as one of more humerous people amongst my group of friends...which is a decent bit liberal. Funny how I got as much of a laugh out of Stategery as I got out of Lock Box. Odd that when not watching a new channel one of my favorite stations to leave the TV on is Comedy Central mostly because I enjoy having something in the background that routinly plays comics and other humerous things that I can listen to and have a good laugh. Yep...i HATE humor, loathesome horrible thing.

6) They're rather paranoid, always thinking liberals or Muslims or Jews or someone is plotting against them. They believe we're in a war on terrorism that will go on forever, & which we can never really win. (How's THAT for a bummer?)

I'm really tempted to link to the "9/11 is an inside job" thread. We're the only ones that have paranoids? Hmmm...right. And I'm sorry bub, but paranoia of hte other side is very prevelent on both sides, left and right, so not buying that one. And really wondering where this "jew" thing is coming from. OH! I know, thats probably from the typicial liberal paranoia that all Conservatives that follow bush are actually trying to become a nazi like state? That's it isn't it? Oh, and as a note, since I'm examinening my conservative self to your little test, no paranoia here against muslims. Haveon thing against them and actually I try to educate people that "muslim's" arn't our enemy. Islamists...aka militant muslim fundamentalists...are another story.

7) Their policies never work, but they haven't noticed. They have to keep saying the economy is booming, when it's obviously not; that the war in Iraq is going well, which it is not; that America is doing well, when it most certainly is not.

This one just makes me scratch my head at times. The economy isn't boming, but is on an upswing. Iraq is going a lot better then the media is trying to spin it constantly. And America as a whole isn't falling apart at the seams. Get over yourself here. I forgot that every policy clinton put in worked perfectly, every military engagement he sent us in was perfect...my mistake.

8) Their tanking poll numbers prove that most Americans are seeing through their lies & getting madder & madder at them. That's gotta hurt, right?

Yeah. We all no how reliable polling constantly is. I mean, look at Kerry over there in the whi-...oh...oh wait. I'm sorry, forgot...all those exit polls were wrong. Wait, you're telling me polls can be manipulated and such? That its very easy to decide what you want a poll to say and get it to be done that way? Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yes, John Q. Public is a bit down on certain polling issues currently thanks to the media doing a wonderful job reporting constantly on ever negative aspect of the war and wonderfully missing the numerous numerous great things we're doing.

9) They're not the most honest people in the world. Republicans tend to be crooked businessmen & the like. So they always have to watch out for the law.

Yep. No liberals are ever crooked. I mean you'd never expect to see a liberal in some kind of professional like a trial lawy-....oh wait, the last presidential ticket was made up of two of those. Forgot about that, sorry...my mistake again. Crookedness is a flaw inherent to many people in humanity and is not connected to a political party. And last I checked, 50+% of our nation arn't big buisness men.

10) They have to rationalize horrible things, such as war, pollution, election fraud, political repression, treason, & torture. They must know somewhere deep inside that they're going to be punished for all the things they're perpetrating.

War? Yep, never happened with other presidents. Never happened for reasons of nothing more then genocide by other Democratic presidents...evvver. Only difference is that unlike past ones the job isn't being left half unfinished. Election fraud? Once again, say something and back it up. The closest to this that I've seen is a very very thin conspiracy theory put out by a bunch of liberals upset they lost again. Political repression? Give me a break. Treason? I guess you're speaking of the Karl Rove situation...go check out the thread over there and it explains how its not "treason" even if it is him that leaked it.

So so far your specific things of a "conservative" you've given have failed miserable upon describing me, and your broad generalizations that shifted completely away from what seemed to be the original intent of your little hate post didn't even fit me to right itself. Hey, if you want to make an intellegent post about an actual issue and talk about it and raise debate at....::GASPS::....Debate Politics then you really should. This just looks like flame bait doing nothing then showing that hatred and bigotry is okay from the left as long as its against a political party and not a race or sex.

God...i need to stop reading teachers post's. He seems to have a way of getting me fired up

Just trying to help

Aw, c'mon, guys. I was just having some fun.

Looks like I touched a nerve, huh?

Republicans are seriously depressed. It's just so obvious!

The double standard in this forum is clear. If my post had been about how "Democrats know no joy," everyone here would think it was totally cool & funny.

Mate, people on the right, be they British, United Statesian or whatever, have never had any sense of humour. They laugh when a joke is about those to the left of themselves because somebody whispers "It's a joke - laugh."

Penis-size differential

Next time I'll tell you about the penis-size differential.

Re: Penis-size differential

PerryLogan said:

Ah, do you mean that penis size is directly proportional to size of intellect, and therefore the Repubs are, erm, challenged in that area?

Naughty Nurse said:
Mate, people on the right, be they British, United Statesian or whatever, have never had any sense of humour. They laugh when a joke is about those to the left of themselves because somebody whispers "It's a joke - laugh."

Aw Nurse, I'm surprised at that. Or am I just a mutant?

PerryLogan said:
5) Republicans have almost no sense of humor. They rarely even know when someone is kidding.

That's odd. I don't seem to find that on this site. And was that Top Ten supposed to be funny? For your sake I hope not. Lemme show you how it's done.

From the right wing bunker below a pretzel factory in Tampa,

Top Ten reasons Republicans know no joy.

10.I, teacher, of the massive brain, knew a Joy once, but Al gore stole her from me with the line, "Hey baby, I invented the Internet".
9.Sense-o-humor surgically removed at birth so as not to interfere with making money or making the world safe from terrorism.
8.All laughed out after that Clinton/cigar thing.
7.Democrats stealing all the monkeys. (And barrels). No monkeys+no barrels=no joy.
6.Left came up with this PC craps, taking all the fun out of life not being able to mock the French.
5.Not part of this Top Ten but it's worth repeating: France sucks.
4.Gore way funnier than Reagan.
3.Because Perry Logan says so.
2.Perry Logan sold us defective tin foil hats.

And the number one reason why Republicans know no joy.

1.Still trying to figure out Perry Logan's jokes.

Hey Perry, that took me 5 minutes. How long did you spend on yours?

Zyphlin said:
I'm really tempted to link to the "9/11 is an inside job" thread.
Where you will find this conservative hitting home runs with the heads of the liberal conpiracy theorists.
Treason? I guess you're speaking of the Karl Rove situation...go check out the thread over there and it explains how its not "treason" even if it is him that leaked it.
You mean how I, teacher, of the masive brain, explained how it wasn't treason with my pointed out "5 year rule" (Thanks for Mr. Moon proving what I said). (Fire or not to Fire thread).
God...i need to stop reading teachers post's. He seems to have a way of getting me fired up
Thank you. (I think). That's a threefer. You qualify for a commission in the leadership of my monkey army. And Perry Logan, you also qualify, not quite for leadership but....ah......here's a shovel. The pens are back there.

Welcome to the site Mr. Perry. I see well get along just fine.

Zyphlin said:
Congratulations on being a bigoted prick. Glad to see that the left's "Tolerance" works for every minority...but apparently despite calling republicans a minority pretty much (since "most" don't agree with them) they don't fit into the left's "tolerant" thoughts. Wonderful.

Lets go down this WONDERFUL list that would be called racist if it was about another race, sexist if it was about another sex, but its about those "mean evil republicans" so its wonderful ;)[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Ooh, I don't suppose any conservatives are bigoted pricks. Of course, if this was a list bashing leftists, you wouldn't have any problem talking about those "mean evil democrats." And conservatives are in the minority.

Zyphlin said:
Oh where to begin where to begin. You do realize that while there are many conservatives that are at the top of buisness and the like, they hardly control "all" the money. Do not forget that most of hollywood...a very very very liberal community....makes buko bucks as well. Also don't forget that the democratic money machine isn't exactly what I'd call a "slouch" either. As far as control of the media, its up for the call. The corperations that own the media may be mostly conservative based however the majority in media from almost every pole I've seen tend to be liberals. As far as the "Vote in americ hacked"...nice job at spouting rhetoric with out giving any facts to back it up in the slightest. Starting this off really intellegent.[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
No, conservatives do not control all the money. But there is a significantly higher proportion of "rich" Republicans than "rich" Democrats. Not to say there aren't any rich Democrats, just not as much as rich Republicans. I wouldn't call Hollywood a "very very very liberal community," just because some of your favorite actors/actresses have expressed their political views as liberal does not mean they represent the entire community of Hollywood. You tend to base political leanings off of one or two people. Liberals are defined by three Hollywood actors, conservatives are defined by you. And actually, if the media is biased any way, it would be conservatively. Yep, you heard me. During the 2000 election, the tone of media coverage for Bush and Gore showed that Gore received much more negative coverage. 13% of Gore's coverage was positive, as opposed to Bush's 24%. Also, 56% of Gore's coverage was NEGATIVE, and only 49% of Bush's coverage was negative. Seems that there is more of a conservative bias. Yes, journalists tend to be more liberal, but editors, producers, and the people that actually own shows and newsstations are conservative. But I'll agree with you that the Democratic money machine is no "slouch" either, the Republicans are just worse.

Zyphlin said:
Alright, so far swing and a miss.. At most I would consider myself loosely christian, mostly spiritural if anything religious wise, but in all reality mostly agnostic. Yeah, there's probably a god, but really i don't think any religions got it right and just try to live a good life. I enjoy art...espicially music...and absolutely love reading including some things (DaVinchi Code most recently) that are critized heavily by the "philistines". Next[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Hmmm.. here you are again, basing the entire group of conservatives on you. I suppose all conservatives are agnostic, especially the Army of God that bombed an abortion clinic and actually killed someone. Glad to hear you enjoy art, music, and literature. (Please tell me you don't listen to Christian music, and if you do, you listen to other things besides it) But you have to concede that a lot of that stuff is criticized by the "philistines" or conservatives, or religious, or whoever you want to talk about. It is the liberals, after all, who value no censorship. I bolded some words of yours that we could all use, yourself included.

Zyphlin said:
m, another one missing here. I think our country and society is on a rise, and I enjoy taking in the culture around me greatly be it outside cultures that I'm lucky enough to experience thanks to the freedom America brings to us or by those things that are "traditionally" american as well. [\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
You think our country and society are on a rise? On what evidence? Our horrible deficit? The war in Iraq? Losing some of our freedoms to the Patriot Act? Our judicial system slowing trying to reverse Roe v. Wade? Losing our environment? And what culture do you take in? Your own?

Zyphlin said:
Damn, didn't realize I hate my roommates, a bit of my fraternity, and probably 50% of my school. Good to know I also apparently hate my Mother and Father, who I both disagree with at times despite (and who disagree with each other at times) despite all three of us being conservatives. Great to know I hate these people, thank you for telling me. Possibly rephrase that to "annoyed by people that disagree without any real basis or reason besides spouting typicial rhetoric that basically boils down to 'wahhh i hate bush, he sux'", then you'd be right. [\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Damn, I didn't realize how all conservatives are like you. I wish that they could all be as tolerant as you. But alas, I doubt that will happen. And as for your "wahhh I hate Bush, he sux," argument, let me think about how many Republicans I hear say, "yay, support the President!" without any reasons whatsoever other than he's our leader and he's Republican, so he must be good, right???

Zyphlin said:
Now this one I LOVE! Jesus Christ, if my sex drive currently is "modest" god help my current girlfriend if she meets someone else that has a "large" sex drive. This has to be the stupidest argument i've seen. I'd also counter the "not much joy in sex and sexual hangup's" part but I really really don't think anyone wants to get into the things I've done in my sex life...I'll simply say, I enjoy a range of flavors a little farther from soft server and a little closer to baskin robins if you get my analogy. [\QUOTE]

Be careful, or you'll prove Perry Logan's point that Republicans have no sense of humor. Thanks for sharing, but I don't really need to know about you and your girlfriend. I have the feeling you just put that on just to show off your sex drive anyways. It may have been the stupidest argument, but you had the stupidest rebuttal. If you didn't think anyone wants to get into the things you've done in your sex life, then don't even begin to share them! Clearly, you're dying to talk about it . Oh, and before you post anything too graphic about your "sex drive," which I'll just assume to be true and not made up to make you look big and mighty, (no, why would conservatives lie?) you might want to check with your girlfriend first.

Zyphlin said:
Strange that I'm known as one of more humerous people amongst my group of friends...which is a decent bit liberal. Funny how I got as much of a laugh out of Stategery as I got out of Lock Box. Odd that when not watching a new channel one of my favorite stations to leave the TV on is Comedy Central mostly because I enjoy having something in the background that routinly plays comics and other humerous things that I can listen to and have a good laugh. Yep...i HATE humor, loathesome horrible thing.[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Really? Hmm... I can see why Perry Logan speaks of Republicans as having no sense of humor. I haven't laughed at anything you've said yet. You seem to be falling into the trap that you accuse liberals of. Oh, and half of Comedy Central shows are perverted and not even funny anyways. The other half however, have gotten a good laugh out of me every once in a while..

Zyphlin said:
I'm really tempted to link to the "9/11 is an inside job" thread. We're the only ones that have paranoids? Hmmm...right. And I'm sorry bub, but paranoia of hte other side is very prevelent on both sides, left and right, so not buying that one. And really wondering where this "jew" thing is coming from. OH! I know, thats probably from the typicial liberal paranoia that all Conservatives that follow bush are actually trying to become a nazi like state? That's it isn't it? Oh, and as a note, since I'm examinening my conservative self to your little test, no paranoia here against muslims. Haveon thing against them and actually I try to educate people that "muslim's" arn't our enemy. Islamists...aka militant muslim fundamentalists...are another story.[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Finally a good point. Except for one thing: liberals' "paranoia" has more of a fact base than conservatives' racial profiling/paranoia. You're right - there are paranoids in every group. But conservatives seem to feel threatened by every other group out there - immigrants, Muslims, anyone who looks like they could be from the Middle East or India, gays, females, non-believers, those who dissent, need I say more... oh yeah, and Islamists are not the same as militant Muslim fundamentalists. If you mean militant Muslim fundamentalists, then say militant Muslim fundamentalists. In fact, some Islamists embrace both a progressive ideology and believe that the tenets of Islam are compatible with democracy and freedom. And most of these Islamic movements that you claim to be another story are not too far off from Catholic liberation theologians who actively urge that original religious documents and doctrines should be used to better the political lives of the world. And how many other religions here in America, Christian-based or not, believe that they should be incorporated into the government? Also, whether you want to admit it or not, there are similarities between Bush and Hitler. I'm not saying we're turning into Nazi Germany, I'm just understanding what others are saying.

Sorry - I had to break it up into two posts.

Zyphlin said:
This one just makes me scratch my head at times. The economy isn't boming, but is on an upswing. Iraq is going a lot better then the media is trying to spin it constantly. And America as a whole isn't falling apart at the seams. Get over yourself here. I forgot that every policy clinton put in worked perfectly, every military engagement he sent us in was perfect...my mistake.[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Is the economy on an upswing? Then perhaps you can explain to me the deficit that exceeds $412 billion? Or the total red ink of over $1.1 trillion for 5 years? I don't think Iraq is going well. People are still dying. Troops are still there, even though the mission was accomplished months ago. I'm not saying Clinton was perfect, he had his share of flaws... at least he didn't have to lie to get us into war. However, if we're talking economy, maybe I should insert here that he presided over the longest economic expansion in the entire history of the US.

Oh yeah, and this is your conservatively biased media spinning things here. Imagine what we'd see if the liberals had a go at it!

Zyphlin said:
Yeah. We all no how reliable polling constantly is. I mean, look at Kerry over there in the whi-...oh...oh wait. I'm sorry, forgot...all those exit polls were wrong. Wait, you're telling me polls can be manipulated and such? That its very easy to decide what you want a poll to say and get it to be done that way? Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yes, John Q. Public is a bit down on certain polling issues currently thanks to the media doing a wonderful job reporting constantly on ever negative aspect of the war and wonderfully missing the numerous numerous great things we're doing.[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
So you think that we shouldn't cover the negativities of war? I'm sorry baby, but in a war, really bad crap happens. Perhaps you could enlighten us on the great things we're doing over there. I'm guessing the troops are mostly trying to stay alive. Even if they are doing things like building schools, if the recipients aren't appreciative, these actions will not be seen as great in their eyes. Nice in ours - but we'll still encounter violence from the opposition. It's good for the media to show the bad things in war. Maybe it'll influence people to not be so supportive of sending our troops off to their possible deaths whenever the president says so.

Zyphlin said:
Yep. No liberals are ever crooked. I mean you'd never expect to see a liberal in some kind of professional like a trial lawy-....oh wait, the last presidential ticket was made up of two of those. Forgot about that, sorry...my mistake again. Crookedness is a flaw inherent to many people in humanity and is not connected to a political party. And last I checked, 50+% of our nation arn't big buisness men. [\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Yes, some liberals are crooked. I'm willing to bet that there are more crooked conservatives though. And, there's plenty of conservative trial lawyers. Crookedness may not be connected to a political party directly, but it's conected to money, and there's more money to be found in the Republican party, so there you go...

Zyphlin said:
War? Yep, never happened with other presidents. Never happened for reasons of nothing more then genocide by other Democratic presidents...evvver. Only difference is that unlike past ones the job isn't being left half unfinished. Election fraud? Once again, say something and back it up. The closest to this that I've seen is a very very thin conspiracy theory put out by a bunch of liberals upset they lost again. Political repression? Give me a break. Treason? I guess you're speaking of the Karl Rove situation...go check out the thread over there and it explains how its not "treason" even if it is him that leaked it. [\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
Oh, war happened all the time with other presidents. But they had better justification. Justification that wasn't based on... lies. I'll agree that there's election fraud on both sides of the spectrum. But the liberals have never appointed their losing candidate as president. And yes, Karl Rove committed treason. Recheck your definitions. I'm sure if a liberal had done what he did, you'd be with all the other conservatives screaming "hang him!" Of course, when it's one of yours committing a horrible act, "it wasn't treason..."

Zyphlin said:
So so far your specific things of a "conservative" you've given have failed miserable upon describing me, and your broad generalizations that shifted completely away from what seemed to be the original intent of your little hate post didn't even fit me to right itself. Hey, if you want to make an intellegent post about an actual issue and talk about it and raise debate at....::GASPS::....Debate Politics then you really should. This just looks like flame bait doing nothing then showing that hatred and bigotry is okay from the left as long as its against a political party and not a race or sex.[\QUOTE]
Zyphlin said:
OK, so he failed miserably describing you. But I would say he did about an 80% correct job describing the rest of your party. Scream hate posts all you want... again, I'm sure had it been the other way around, you'd be laughing. I suppose you consider revealing flaws "bigotry." And it's still ok for conservatives to be bigots as they engage in discriminatory practices. Ah well. And what actual issue do you want to talk about?

P.S. I didn't keep track of your "swings and misses." Most of your arguments seem to be based solely on you.

Hi. That was a crap ton of reading, and i read through it but i got 15 minutes left of work and have to get to sleep some I'm just going to bullet point it for you.

First off, learn how to use the quote button.

Second off, I love the fact you blast me for the fact that I seem to "just be describing me" at the end ((That was the entire point of my post really...is the fact he's stating "all conservatives are like this" and I was pointing out that I'm not, therefore he's pretty much just making vague generalisations when in actuallity "all" of us arn't)) but then you make fun of me at the beginning saying i'm just basing it on myself.

Let me say it again

The point of my post was to compare myself to his things to show that not "all" conservatives are like that.

Third off, wasn't trying to be funny. If I wanted to be funny, there's other means to do it. I love comedy, and will laugh at things that go at the right just as much as the left if it comes off as something that is MEANT to be funny. "HAHA" funny not "HEHE, that's so true because the right wingers are crazy nazi's". Give me a top 10 list that overblows a lot of the points of conservatism making it humerous, sure. Try to be halfway serious and then go and claims its "comedy" and I'm not going to buy it.

Fourth off, I don't think i went overboard with the girlfriend thing. Simply put, I have a good sex drive, I'm rather open to sexual things, so I don't see where he gets off saying "all" conservatives have no sex drive and just like missionary. I really have no desire to go into details, which is why i didn't.

Fifth, even if you think of most of Comedy Central being "perverted" humor...doesn't that just back up further the point that you can't stereotype "all" conservatives because isn't it "commonly thought" that liberals are more open to expression in many ways while conservatives would watn to shut down "perverted" humor. And on another note I was meaning more to the point of the large number of stand up comedians they generally have on in the evenings during the weekends.

Sixth, I have no problem with the reporting of negatives in war, I'm just asking for both. Instead of talking about the 2 or 3 americans killed in iraq during a suicide bomb attack today non stop...inter mix that with the dozens of insurgents we may've taken into custody, or the new hospital we just got up, or the school we're helping to build, or the Iraqi woman who goes down the line hugging the troops thanking them for what they did ((Don't believe me, talk to gunny over on this site as it happened to him a number of times i believe)). I'm just wanting to see a bit of positive things on the news instead of the negatives...fox news included is guilty of this a lot. Sadly in this day and age the bad news sells more, but maybe its because barely ever try to get over the positive news to much.

Seventh, I never said no conservatives were crooked. I was just pointing out that his statement that conservatives were pretty ALL Crooks and acting as if there were none in the ranks of liberals was absolutely baseless. There are crooks on both sides, politicians generally as a whole on both sides are a bit crooked.

Eight, please...if you're going to throw random statistics out about different things include a source where you got them. Look at me! Today i'm going to be 54% richer then yesterday, there is an 88% better chance aliens will land in three days, there's a 24% chance that you'll actually give a proper thought to what i'm saying.

Frankly put, teacher hit it right on the money. This wasn't a post meant for "humor" save for possibly by a few people that agree with the views and points that this guy makes. Its kind of like saying a racist "anecdote" that is more just spouting off facts that they find "humerous" Other racists who agree with those "facts" probably find it humerous. The majority of people don't. Give me a good funny top ten list blasting conservatives and I'll laugh. Give me a 10 ten most commonly stated words by bush and i'll laugh. Give me the top 10 rejected "lies" for going to war with iraq by republicans ((and actually base this in a humerous fashion not some quasi-factual this is my political opinion way)) and i'll laugh. This that he posted wasn't a "for a laugh" thing.

Zyphlin said:
Give me a good funny top ten list blasting conservatives and I'll laugh. Give me a 10 ten most commonly stated words by bush and i'll laugh. Give me the top 10 rejected "lies" for going to war with iraq by republicans ((and actually base this in a humerous fashion not some quasi-factual this is my political opinion way)) and i'll laugh. This that he posted wasn't a "for a laugh" thing.

From the Conservtive Cracker Compund in Philadelphia....
Top Ten Reasons you can tell you're at a Republican party...

10)Parking lot filled with pick-up trucks with gun racks....
9) DJ?...Sir Prays-A-Lot
8)Tom DeLay gets drunk and does his imitation of John McCain
7)Coat check?....See that guy Rudy
6)Santorum's on the dance floor holding a rosary circle
5)Rush is doing his "hidden pill" trick
4)Condi Rice is searched at the door
3)Ann Coulter strips down to her "Vote for THIS Bush" panties
2)Bill Frist's top button is undone

And the #1 reason you can tell you're at at Republican party...

1)**** Cheney's daughter?...not invited

You see Perry Logan,

Yet another Top Ten that makes yours look, what's the word I'm looking for here, sucky(?). I guess they let anyone have a web site these days. Hey cnredd, classic, ten good ones. Did you have help with that? I'm jealous. You see Perry Logan, cnredd and I can make better Top Tens about our own side than you can about the other side. Imagine if cnredd and I were to get together and use our powers for evil? And that's not even counting the monkey army. We have you flinging feces at Hillary and voting for Frist and teaching Sunday school in no time. but that's just not fair is it?

And now for something completely different, a man with three buttocks.
So Mr. Logan. How do you like vauges little site so far?

teacher said:
You see Perry Logan,

Yet another Top Ten that makes yours look, what's the word I'm looking for here, sucky(?). I guess they let anyone have a web site these days. Hey cnredd, classic, ten good ones. Did you have help with that? I'm jealous. You see Perry Logan, cnredd and I can make better Top Tens about our own side than you can about the other side. Imagine if cnredd and I were to get together and use our powers for evil? And that's not even counting the monkey army. We have you flinging feces at Hillary and voting for Frist and teaching Sunday school in no time. but that's just not fair is it?

And now for something completely different, a man with three buttocks.
So Mr. Logan. How do you like vauges little site so far?

Thank you...I had to do that myself...I'm a conservative and a taxpayer, so there aren't any social programs out there that would've assisted me.

Zyphlin said:
Hi. That was a crap ton of reading, and i read through it but i got 15 minutes left of work and have to get to sleep some I'm just going to bullet point it for you.

First off, learn how to use the quote button.

Second off, I love the fact you blast me for the fact that I seem to "just be describing me" at the end ((That was the entire point of my post really...is the fact he's stating "all conservatives are like this" and I was pointing out that I'm not, therefore he's pretty much just making vague generalisations when in actuallity "all" of us arn't)) but then you make fun of me at the beginning saying i'm just basing it on myself.

Let me say it again

The point of my post was to compare myself to his things to show that not "all" conservatives are like that.

Third off, wasn't trying to be funny. If I wanted to be funny, there's other means to do it. I love comedy, and will laugh at things that go at the right just as much as the left if it comes off as something that is MEANT to be funny. "HAHA" funny not "HEHE, that's so true because the right wingers are crazy nazi's". Give me a top 10 list that overblows a lot of the points of conservatism making it humerous, sure. Try to be halfway serious and then go and claims its "comedy" and I'm not going to buy it.

Fourth off, I don't think i went overboard with the girlfriend thing. Simply put, I have a good sex drive, I'm rather open to sexual things, so I don't see where he gets off saying "all" conservatives have no sex drive and just like missionary. I really have no desire to go into details, which is why i didn't.

Fifth, even if you think of most of Comedy Central being "perverted" humor...doesn't that just back up further the point that you can't stereotype "all" conservatives because isn't it "commonly thought" that liberals are more open to expression in many ways while conservatives would watn to shut down "perverted" humor. And on another note I was meaning more to the point of the large number of stand up comedians they generally have on in the evenings during the weekends.

Sixth, I have no problem with the reporting of negatives in war, I'm just asking for both. Instead of talking about the 2 or 3 americans killed in iraq during a suicide bomb attack today non stop...inter mix that with the dozens of insurgents we may've taken into custody, or the new hospital we just got up, or the school we're helping to build, or the Iraqi woman who goes down the line hugging the troops thanking them for what they did ((Don't believe me, talk to gunny over on this site as it happened to him a number of times i believe)). I'm just wanting to see a bit of positive things on the news instead of the negatives...fox news included is guilty of this a lot. Sadly in this day and age the bad news sells more, but maybe its because barely ever try to get over the positive news to much.

Seventh, I never said no conservatives were crooked. I was just pointing out that his statement that conservatives were pretty ALL Crooks and acting as if there were none in the ranks of liberals was absolutely baseless. There are crooks on both sides, politicians generally as a whole on both sides are a bit crooked.

Eight, please...if you're going to throw random statistics out about different things include a source where you got them. Look at me! Today i'm going to be 54% richer then yesterday, there is an 88% better chance aliens will land in three days, there's a 24% chance that you'll actually give a proper thought to what i'm saying.

Frankly put, teacher hit it right on the money. This wasn't a post meant for "humor" save for possibly by a few people that agree with the views and points that this guy makes. Its kind of like saying a racist "anecdote" that is more just spouting off facts that they find "humerous" Other racists who agree with those "facts" probably find it humerous. The majority of people don't. Give me a good funny top ten list blasting conservatives and I'll laugh. Give me a 10 ten most commonly stated words by bush and i'll laugh. Give me the top 10 rejected "lies" for going to war with iraq by republicans ((and actually base this in a humerous fashion not some quasi-factual this is my political opinion way)) and i'll laugh. This that he posted wasn't a "for a laugh" thing.

Thanks for the tip on the Quote button. That's actually what I did the first time, but for some reason it did not work as it should have. Ah well, we'll see what happens this time.

I'm sorry that I hurt you. Obviously he was making vague generalizations, and you clearly proved that you do not fit his descriptions. However, when describing a political party, you have to generalize. I'm sure if we took the time to talk about liberals, there'd be plenty of liberals who did not fit the description.

Glad to hear you love comedy. And you're totally right - liberals support freedom of expression. And a point of clarification, just because I feel that half the Comedy Central shows are perverted doesn't mean I want to shut them down. Liberals don't like the KKK's messages, but they don't want to stop them from talking altogether. Express away! I just pity those who actually laugh... Oh, and I too enjoy many of the stand up comedians.

I think the real point he was trying to make with the sex thing was homophobia and the likes. Granted, he may not have done a fantastic job of it.

Yes, I'm sure we're doing excellent things in Iraq like building schools and hospitals, or should I say replacing the ones we blew up. There is no doubt that good is getting done over there, but I feel that in the case of that war, the negatives far outweigh the positives. I'm not even sure if I would use the word "progress" when defining the situation over there. Hence the overwhelming majority of negative stories. I think it's wonderful that an Iraqi woman is hugging the troops, however for every happy Iraqi, there's a pissed off one who doesn't want us to be there. I understand where you're coming from... I think we all want a few positives.

Ah yes, politicians as a whole generally are crooks.

You seem to be more bent on Nazis than anyone else here.

Oh sources for my last post - here you go: Business Week, New York Times (I hope that one counts for you), the Columbia School of Journalism/Pew Charitable Trusts Project for Excellence in Journalism, CNN, the BBC, and I believe at least one of my arguments was based on logic.

I'd love to give you a top ten list about the lies told in going to war in Iraq... but I'm having a hard time finding such lies to be funny. Our poor troops.

I understand you were tired and short on time, but I'd like to see you address the points on the differences between Islamists and militant Muslim fundamentalists, the "rise" our country may or may not be on, the deficit, and more on the Iraq war. And of course, Karl Rove.

I enjoyed this post of yours much more than the last. Thanks.

cnredd said:

9) DJ?...Sir Prays-A-Lot

Classic.. absolutely classic. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it this morning. Was thinking of a liberal top 10, but I'll leave it to redd and teach.

debate_junkie said:
Classic.. absolutely classic. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it this morning. Was thinking of a liberal top 10, but I'll leave it to redd and teach.

I made you laugh twice now....Once more and they're gonna take away your Liberal membership card.;)

I love it when some on the "other side of the aisle" see I take a shot at Libs and they ASSUME I'm not an equal opportunity cheap-shot artist.

Plus I like to watch people huff-and-puff over opinions on a website...

I'm joyful every day, it' s good to know that a democrat will never make it to the White House again. (At least not in my lifetime)....Hillary????? (Laughing so hard my sides hurt)..... Obama?? won't run for the same reasons Powell won't....New slogan for the DNC...."A Democratic president in 2024...we're being realistic."

And now, for a conservative top ten rebuttle:
Top ten differences between conservatives and liberals:
10) Liberals believe that people on the bottom need a handout and that society owes them, while conservatives would rather invest money to give them a hand up and ask for nothing in return.
9) liberals think that anything that makes fun of differing views is humor along with fart jokes and bodily functions yet find nothing funny about jokes involving "PC" subject matter, while conservatives can typically laugh with themselves or others about anything.
8) Liberals brag about their moral and intellectual highground, while conservatives constantly prove them wrong.
7) Liberals will kill an innocent fetus, while conservatives will kill a murderer.
6) Liberals believe that gun control means taking them away from law abiding citizens, while conservatives believe it means hitting your target.
5) Conservatives freely give their time and money to help the less fortunate, while liberals give other people's money away.
4) Liberals think that modern art is actually art and that rap is music, while conservatives know better.
3) Liberals drive small and efficient cars, while conservatives run over them.
2) Liberals think that throwing S$%T on a wall is art, while conservatives realize that monkees could have done that.

and the number one difference between liberals and conservatives-
1) Conservatives stick by our friends like Brittain, liberals care more about what France thinks(the french suck) .

LaMidRighter said:
1) Conservatives stick by our friends like Brittain, liberals care more about what France thinks(the french suck) .

Liberals know how to spell Britain, and the French (at least some of the men) really do suck. ;)

cnredd said:

9) DJ?...Sir Prays-A-Lot

My favorite one so far!

Re: Penis-size differential

PerryLogan said:

Hey - just because someone has a bigger penis doesn't mean that their right.

Back
Top Bottom