• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10 Most Important Things They Didn't Teach You In School

I must say.... they are RIGHT! :shock: I wish to hell I learned these things in school!

TAKE A LOOK: The 10 Most Important Things They Didn't Teach You In School | Cracked.com

I was thinking of more practical things for childern

Dont eat yellow snow
Dont put your tongue on the frozen fence post
Dont throw rocks and taunt the German Shepard next door
When playing doctor, make sure adults are not around
When in the car by yourself on a hill dont put it in neutral
Just because the stove top is not glowing red does not mean it is not still hot
Dont eat candy given to you from strangers

Things like that

Dont eat yellow snow
Dont throw rocks and taunt the German Shepard next door
When playing doctor, make sure adults are not around
When in the car by yourself on a hill dont put it in neutral
Just because the stove top is not glowing red does not mean it is not still hot
Dont eat candy given to you from strangers

Things like that

Minus the candy bit... which Im pretty sure they teach you in school..... the others are just fun learning on your own.

They didnt teach me how to type. I had to take lessons a few years after leaving High School.

Oh god I know absolutely nothing of value :(

I don't understand #10, which is teaching girls how to spot a douchebag. Even if they knew the guy is a douchebag, they still want him. The funny thing is that even after they graduate, they still have 10-15 more years of still looking for known douchebags.

I don't understand #10, which is teaching girls how to spot a douchebag. Even if they knew the guy is a douchebag, they still want him. The funny thing is that even after they graduate, they still have 10-15 more years of still looking for known douchebags.

Seriously, I haven't been dating in more than 10 years but every time my wife's friend gets a new boyfriend, I can tell if he's a douche or not in about 5 minutes.

So far success rate has been 100% but they never listen.

Are they in "douchebag denial" or do they just realize it and still go out with him anyway?

That's the 64,000 dollar question.

Are they in "douchebag denial" or do they just realize it and still go out with him anyway?

Definitely denial.

This last guy, I knew him from high school, so did my wife and her friend.
They thought he was different from then, that he grew out of his douche bagginess.
Not likely.

First. he is a ginger, almost automatic douche.
Second. the guy tries the old stupid moves (i.e. the yawn arm around the back.)
Third. he made himself out to be some humanitarian.

100% douche

I found out the hard way, that "damsels in distress" (DID's hereafter) are usually in distress, because to some degree they LIKE being in distress. If you save them from their current distress, eventually they will get bored and go find some more distress to fall into.

Nowadays, I just walk on. :mrgreen:

I must say.... they are RIGHT! :shock: I wish to hell I learned these things in school!

TAKE A LOOK: The 10 Most Important Things They Didn't Teach You In School | Cracked.com

****ing hilarious. I died laughing. . . thanks!

I love #7! Heck, I live in #7

"This does not require a great deal of elaboration. Quite simply, there are certain things a person who is about to be living on their own needs to know how to do.

Building a goddamned birdhouse is not one of them."

****ing hilarious. I died laughing. . . thanks!

I love #7! Heck, I live in #7

"This does not require a great deal of elaboration. Quite simply, there are certain things a person who is about to be living on their own needs to know how to do.

Building a goddamned birdhouse is not one of them."

Heh, in my high school I was in Construction Tech.
Took 3 semesters of it, we never had lumber to build anything.
Never learned to really fix anything either.
Never had the materials, only brand new untouched tools.

The only thing we had once, was some scrap left overs.
That class was a joke even though the teacher was a great guy.

Heh, in my high school I was in Construction Tech.
Took 3 semesters of it, we never had lumber to build anything.
Never learned to really fix anything either.
Never had the materials, only brand new untouched tools.

The only thing we had once, was some scrap left overs.
That class was a joke even though the teacher was a great guy.

My highschool refused me into shop because I had long hair.
aka - "she's a girl and I don't want her in my class"

It would have been cool - but I taught myself how to weld and do all that stuff post school, anyway - so I still rock.

I presume, they would also be thaught about the reasons some women are attracted to those types and how to solve their emotional problems about this.

It would be good though if women are thaught about what to do, to help themselves or seek help when they do find themselves with somebody abusive. I dated a guy like that in Canada, and really did not have a clue how to get rid of him. I found out what to do, with the help of a nice Canadian psychologist, who was the girlfriend of my housemate, but it would have been useful, if I already knew what to do, so I could have done it sooner.

Nowadays, I just walk on. :mrgreen:

Id say, do whatever to give practical help, but never get in a relationship with somebody who has major problems. There are reasons why they have not solved their problems, and those reasons dont include there being no solution.

My highschool refused me into shop because I had long hair.
aka - "she's a girl and I don't want her in my class"

It would have been cool - but I taught myself how to weld and do all that stuff post school, anyway - so I still rock.

FFS! That is bad.

About as bad as the convent schools in Ireland(where I am from) which would not provide higher level mathematics classes for their high school students, who were all girls. The universities in Ireland lowered the mathemathics entry standard into its courses, to try to help combat this sexism. I dont know if the convent schools have changed with this policy or not, but in some places girls are starting to go to schools which are mixed gender to get the choice in subects they want. In my old town, where I grew up, the convent school no longer exists. All the girls have migrated to what used to be an all boys High School, and they have been accepted into it. For years before that, they had visited that school to get higher level mathematics classes a few times per week, and then went to their convent school for the rest.

Mell said:
I presume, they would also be thaught about the reasons some women are attracted to those types and how to solve their emotional problems about this.

It must suck to be a slave to your emotions. If one or more of my good friends whose opinion is worth respecting says that a potential woman I like is a f'n bitch or a ho, I wouldn't go for it. Worst case scenario, I go out on one date with her for confirmation, and if she still seems alright I continue dating on a trial period, waiting for hints of bitchiness and ho-like behavior.

I've never grown up wanting to be with a manipulative shrew, a controlling bitch, or a clingy little girl of a woman.

I've never grown up wanting to be with a manipulative shrew, a controlling bitch, or a clingy little girl of a woman.

So you are still single, no? :lol: Come out to Chicago where we specialize in the fore-mentioned types. Alas you forgot the 'monetarily focused' class. I knew I should have married my college sweetheart. She was perfect! But I wasnt ready for marriage :roll:

Anyhow, I wish they taught me about the stock market and finances more and not higher math. I want to make money.... not solve the equation for time travel :roll:

Whath wong with that?

tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom