• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

10 killed in Libya cartoon riot...

And yet....they can't understand why the rest of the world shows disdain or 'disrespect' to them....sheer idiocy.:roll:

Taiwanese people are very laid back when it comes to religious matters. They are very openmined and frankly, more tolerant than most Americans in this area. HOWEVER, many Taiwanese I have been talking to (both those who can speak English - and therefore have more access to outside information - and those who can't speak English) find the Islamic reaction to the cartoons way above board. Most people think the cartoons were in poor taste. However, most people I talk to value press and other freedoms because most can remember a time in Taiwan when those freedoms DID NOT EXIST (it was only less than 15 years ago that Taiwan began getting inklings of press and speech/expression freedoms).

Freedom is worth it! Islamofascists don't understand freedom. Thank goodness Taiwanese are among many around the world who DO!

ludahai said:
Taiwanese people are very laid back when it comes to religious matters. They are very openmined and frankly, more tolerant than most Americans in this area. HOWEVER, many Taiwanese I have been talking to (both those who can speak English - and therefore have more access to outside information - and those who can't speak English) find the Islamic reaction to the cartoons way above board. Most people think the cartoons were in poor taste. However, most people I talk to value press and other freedoms because most can remember a time in Taiwan when those freedoms DID NOT EXIST (it was only less than 15 years ago that Taiwan began getting inklings of press and speech/expression freedoms).

Freedom is worth it! Islamofascists don't understand freedom. Thank goodness Taiwanese are among many around the world who DO!

The flip of the coin is that many people who have never known anything but freedom don't fully appreciate what they have. These would be the people that would want the Western world to bend their hard earned, fought for, and celebrated freedoms to appease the sensitivities of stagnated people. For these types of people, their freedoms aren't worth "antagonizing" the Muslim world.

ludahai said:

Seriously the amount the Islamofascists do not understand is simply astounding. Really when it comes to those in the middle east it was really not that long ago and they were nomadic tribes wandering in the sand. It wasn't until the advent of uses for oil and discovery of oil on their land that that changed. Since then the ruling classes of their countries have changed greatly. While the poor have remain poor, many continue to wander in the desert. Those that don't live in complete poverty. It's not that surprising there's a population of Islamic that have failed to grasp global topics.

Back
Top Bottom