• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

10/18/05 - Bill O'Reilly on the Daily Show 11pm EST

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Just throwing this out there...

I'll keep it a "sticky" for the day, then let it drift to the realms of past threads...:2wave:

cnredd said:

I'll keep it a "sticky" for the day, then let it drift to the realms of past threads...:2wave:

Oh yeah, I'm really gonna watch that. I hate John Stewart. He's such a stinkin' hack!

John Stewart is fairly funny and I watch him when I can, but I did lose a lot of repsect for him when he had Kerry on his show and didn't even grill him about anything.

It was quite pathetic seeing him throw the proverbial soft-ball at him with every question.

Hell, even O' Reilly asked Bush some tough questions about the Border issue when he was his show prior to the election.

Im thinking its all a ratings game. Daily Show wants the left and the anti bush crowd.

But Stewart seems so intelligent. He must know that its all one big party and hes participating in a hyperpartisan charade that is screwing the public. Money and personal gain corrupt the media and politicians alike I believe.

I plan to watch. Should be entertaining.

SixStringHero said:
John Stewart is fairly funny and I watch him when I can, but I did lose a lot of repsect for him when he had Kerry on his show and didn't even grill him about anything.

It was quite pathetic seeing him throw the proverbial soft-ball at him with every question.

Hell, even O' Reilly asked Bush some tough questions about the Border issue when he was his show prior to the election.
Because it's a comedy news show? Jay Leno didn't grill them either.

I really enjoy the daily show. I like Jon Stewart.

Now, on the other hand... to say that O'Reilly is a 'no-spin' zone... well that's like saying that Iraq is a no-oil zone. Capiche?

Let's not forget O'reilly's episode of sexual harrassment. Gee, well, that died quickly. If not for the no spin master's pocket book (aka settle out of court) he would've been toasted. The man does not have sincere bone in his body. Talk about media bias..... he's only a more intricate form than his counterparts. The man is completely subjective and does not care about people, the constitution, the implications of the actions of the bush administration... nor anything else. He is a self-subservient of all things O'Reilly and nothing will ever change that. He's a lot like Bush... or any other politician for that matter. He's got a big pocket and big ideas... no morals, no heart. He's an elite sycophant. THe conveyer of good news albeit bad. He's a coward who hides behind sound bytes and quips. All things in good time. Time... is one thing... that none of us can escape.

SixStringHero said:

I cannot fathom how anyone, indoctrinated by current affairs, could lend credence to border issues in terms of partisan politics. That tends to be a less pertinent debate. Funny how O'reilly likes to dissuade the topic from the pertinent issues when he is playing the role of a 'good' subordinate. Oh, but the terrorists you say..... that's what the 911 commission says too.... and they also say that nothing else has changed..... so where are you going with this?

Ya it was just on I don't get it I don't think these people have ever watched the factor in their lives they heard it was on fox news so therfor it must be right wing right? Wrong! If anything it's center right and if you saw the two seperate interviews he's had with Moore and Bush you'll notice that Bush got tougher questions than Moore did.

Well O'Reilly and Stewart agreed on one thing, they both showed they felt that politicians are all in it for personal gain, and they are.

Politicians pump up the hyperpartisan charade. Its all a charade so they take a side on divisive issues that never actually change based on which puppet gets eleceted. The news opinion leaders like Stewart and O'Reilly play into the game more than they should since you can tell they understand its a game, but this is how they make money, so they wont stop.

The media, politics, everything is all about money and personal gain, meanwhile this country and common people get screwed more every day by this partisan charade. Its all one big party of politicians who put on a show, the news networks help the charade, and nothing gets done for the common man. People need to see through this crap and stop participating in the mindless partisan charade they want us to participate in. Its a corporatocracy run by one party, democracy vanished long ago.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Ya it was just on I don't get it I don't think these people have ever watched the factor in their lives they heard it was on fox news so therfor it must be right wing right? Wrong! If anything it's center right and if you saw the two seperate interviews he's had with Moore and Bush you'll notice that Bush got tougher questions than Moore did.

Rumsfeld got nothing but softballs from O'reilly. O'reilly is a namecaller. He even called Stewart a 'pinhead'. I see why he wrote a book for kids. They can relate to bullying and namecalling. O'reilly likes to have lunatic liberals on but rarely has lunatic conservatives on. He even admits to leaning right.

The Daily show is satire. He does make fun of both sides. It just so happens that one side has more power now. Yes, John is a liberal. Jay Leno is a conservative and makes just as many jokes about republicans as democrats. Calling people in comedy political hacks is just as bad as getting your news and opinions from those people.

cnredd said:

Unstuck it...

Wanna keep it prevelant?...It's up to the forum members now...

BTW - I'm at work so I didn't see it...

What actually happened?...Is it worth watching it at 10 AM EST tomorrow?

cnredd said:
Unstuck it...

Wanna keep it prevelant?...It's up to the forum members now...

BTW - I'm at work so I didn't see it...

What actually happened?...Is it worth watching it at 10 AM EST tomorrow?

it's on again right now watch it it's basically a hate Bill fest.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
it's on again right now watch it it's basically a hate Bill fest.

Its all about money sir. Its a hate game between the right and the left for personal gain

Read my post up top. :2wave:

I just saw Bill O'Reilly on The Daily Show. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. George Clooney was a lot better. Although Bill did say he was thinking of retiring. And he said he doesn't trust any politicians (including the White House) because "...their all in it for themselves".

"...their all in it for themselves".

Whatever else he may or may not have done or said, O'Reilly got that one right.

Conflict said:
I cannot fathom how anyone, indoctrinated by current affairs, could lend credence to border issues in terms of partisan politics. That tends to be a less pertinent debate. Funny how O'reilly likes to dissuade the topic from the pertinent issues when he is playing the role of a 'good' subordinate. Oh, but the terrorists you say..... that's what the 911 commission says too.... and they also say that nothing else has changed..... so where are you going with this?

Sorry, but I'm not quite grasping the gist of your statement here.

I'm not partisan, nor am I indoctrinated. I don't know if you were trying to infer that, or if you were simply talking about O' Reilly. In any case, the Border issue is a non-partisan issue and fairly high on the list when it comes to issues that the American people are worried about.

Democrats and Republicans have not done anything about this problem.

I thought they were both too standoffish. I would have liked to have seen a more relaxed and casual exchange.

I know right Scotty? Its almost as if they hated each other or at the very least BIll O'Reilly seemed to dislike Stewart. Or maybe thats how he always is?

But I did like how at the end of the show Colbert popped in and called Bill O'Reilly the papa bear or something lol.

Although I agree with O'reilly on a lot of issues I rarely watch the factor............I believe he is to much of a self promoter........

Donkey1499 said:
\
What celeb doesn't promote themself?

Yeah but O'reilly does it to much.......he is over the top.He has a website that sells things ahe is constantly using his show to push the products....

Navy Pride said:
Yeah but O'reilly does it to much.......he is over the top.He has a website that sells things ahe is constantly using his show to push the products....

But a large percentage of the money he gets from the crap he sells goes to charity. Hey, I got my Dad a "No Spin Dad" mug for Father's Day. It's actually a good quality mug. Holds alot of coffee too.

I like Stewart. O'Reilly I can do without. I saw him on the Today Show the other morning and he is just creepy to me.

Back
Top Bottom