• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10:10 - Global warming 'no pressure' *Somewhat graphic*

BmanMcfly

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Can someone explain the connection between '10% reduction of CO2' and the 'roughly 10%' people that had the button pushed on them??

Which brings me to the latest effort by greenpeace...

Am I the ONLY one that sees something disconnect between 'preventing global warming' and what is presented in these ads??

Finally, EVEN IF the science wasn't a complete hoax and a fraud on every front, why are these people subtly pushing violence against those that might not think that CO2 is as devastating as say the 20 or so other toxic elements that might come with the CO2 (as in with car exhaust).

I would also have to bring up
In a rambling manifesto on Lee's website, believed to have been written by Lee, the writer rails against "disgusting human babies," "parasitic infants," and says people should "disassemble civilization." The manifesto also calls on Discovery to "broadcast to the world their commitment to save the planet."
Environmental Militant James Lee Shot and Killed After Taking Hostages at Discovery Channel Headquarters - ABC News

I could cite a few more similar examples of what the green agenda is being turned into...

Hopefully I didn't throw in too much of my opinions to prevent discussion... but this is hard to keep objective about.

I just have to say WTF is that piece of crap propaganda in the 10:10 one. My gosh that is horrifying. What was going through the minds of the idiots who thought, "You know what would be a good way to convince people about the Dangers of Global Warming? We should make an ad about those who don't agree with us blowing up in graphic ways!!! PERFECT!"

Seriously. I'm pretty sure the Earth is warming up, I think we have helped (helped not caused being the key thing there) to aid it's growth, I don't know if we can do anything to prevent it though. But what I DO know is that the Global Warming Agenda is getting scarier and scarier by the day. Freaks me the heck out.

lol, i choose a side, i'm against THAt little bastards future, lol.

lol, i choose a side, i'm against THAt little bastards future, lol.

I know, they had to pick the angriest little punk you could find to be the face of the environmentalist / eco-fascist youth brigade (depending on perspective)

Seems fairly tongue-in-cheek to me. British humor. :shrug:

edit: but I do want to punch that little kid in the face.

No Pressure, cut your carbon!

Seems fairly tongue-in-cheek to me. British humor. :shrug:

edit: but I do want to punch that little kid in the face.

You have a point, it's from Britain, it's hard to tell what's serious and what's humourous.

Re: No Pressure, cut your carbon!

Bad ad because they forgot that Americans don't do irony

I would like congress to fund research that would have that red button in place at the EPA as soon as possible.

Brilliant ad, I only wish we could do the same to partisan deniers and fake industry-funded scientists.

You have a point, it's from Britain, it's hard to tell what's serious and what's humourous.

{{{{{{{{{{{shrugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

As I said on the other thread - it is a bad ad because they obviously forgot that Americans don't do irony.

There is just so much humour you do not understand.......................

I suspect "reduce carbon emissions by 10% or we'll push a button that makes you explode" is not the literal intention of the ad :D

OP mentions the other chemicals in car exhaust. I'm not sure he realizes that us environmentalist types don't like those spewing out either. Hence all those TERRIBLE EVIL JOB KILLING EMISSIONS CONTROL LAWS.

See, British people, this is why your comedians don't do well here. Subtle, dry humor is too much for Americans, apparently.

How do we give the EPA that button as soon as possible?

I would like to see all partisan deniers and industry-funded front groups with their fake scientists blown up.

I'd like to see that kid blown up. Something tells me that using children as part of a propaganda campaign is not only desparate but wrong also.

On another note, since when here humans made of mince and spaghetti?

I'd like to see that kid blown up. Something tells me that using children as part of a propaganda campaign is not only desparate but wrong also.

421110271.jpg

sarahpalintriggettyimgs.jpg

I would like to see all partisan deniers and industry-funded front groups with their fake scientists blown up.

You really want all skeptics to be killed?

It was so funny the 10:10 folks pulled the ad, and are trying to get Youtube to stop all copies from showing.

Maybe this wasn't ya know, funny.

Where did I say that? Legitimate skepticism is crucial to science.

What about those of us who are skeptics for legitimate reasons?

It was so funny the 10:10 folks pulled the ad, and are trying to get Youtube to stop all copies from showing.

Maybe this wasn't ya know, funny.

I think exploding people with a button is hilarious, and anyone who doesn't is a communist.

I want a button like that.

What about those of us who are skeptics for legitimate reasons?

Those people are a rare, endangered species and should be protected from spontaneous detonation. I've never seen one of those on these boards. (hint: if you constantly bring up Al Gore and how he's got a cult or whatever, you're one of the partisans)

Those people are a rare, endangered species and should be protected from spontaneous detonation. I've never seen one of those on these boards. (hint: if you constantly bring up Al Gore and how he's got a cult or whatever, you're one of the partisans)

What if people have a legitimate reason to dislike Gore for his climate dishonesty and millions he is making off of pushing his agenda? I am against AGW for scientific reasons. I believe in climate change, but I believe it is more influenced by solar patterns and natural things, not the intervention of man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom