• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10,000 National Guard and Texas state troopers deployed to border for ‘Operation Lone Star’

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has deployed 10,000 state troopers and National Guard units to the Texas border as part of “Operation Lone Star,” his office told Border Report on Monday.

Last week, Abbott posted on social media video showing dozens of steel shipping containers and Department of Public Safety troopers lining the banks of the Rio Grande near the border town of Eagle Pass, Texas, as part of “Operation Steel Curtain.” The operation is under Operation Lone Star, which is a massive operation that began in March, a spokeswoman for the governor said.

Christians?

Huge waste of state money... The title should read, 10,000 national guard and state troopers to spend Thanksgiving away from home for governors boondoggle...
It should read "Biden continues Trump policies to preserve border security".

Of course it's called “Operation Lone Star" lol.

I guess “Iron Curtain” was taken….🤷

Like the Berlin Wall.
Not at all. We are not trying to keep citizens in the country. We are trying to keep illegal aliens from breaking
our immigration laws. They bum rush the border everyday. Biden has opened the border so individual states are trying to protect their citizens.
Biden is a utter failure on the border security issue!

Not at all. We are not trying to keep citizens in the country. We are trying to keep illegal aliens from breaking
our immigration laws. They bum rush the border everyday. Biden has opened the border so individual states are trying to protect their citizens.

States have NO power to enforce immigration laws.... None, nada, zip... do not pass go, do not collect $200. How does spending state money hosting a charade protect their citizens? In fact, it will likely bankrupt several counties along the border without a rescue from state tax dollars...

I didn't think a State could do that. Also, from what I've read, Texas still has not improved its power grid enough to weather the upcoming winter storms.
Perhaps they should put some of those containers on the Northside.

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has deployed 10,000 state troopers and National Guard units to the Texas border as part of “Operation Lone Star,” his office told Border Report on Monday.

Last week, Abbott posted on social media video showing dozens of steel shipping containers and Department of Public Safety troopers lining the banks of the Rio Grande near the border town of Eagle Pass, Texas, as part of “Operation Steel Curtain.” The operation is under Operation Lone Star, which is a massive operation that began in March, a spokeswoman for the governor said.
What can they do? I'm wondering how they stop them from coming into the country. Or are they just going to arrest them all and bus them back over?

The only thing that can stop that daily "rush" is a wall. We were doing a pretty good job of it until Biden ordered a stop to the building of the wall and the "Remain in Mexico" policy Trump struck with the Mexican President.

What can they do? I'm wondering how they stop them from coming into the country. Or are they just going to arrest them all and bus them back over?

They have no power to bus them back over. Once they are released from jail, either ICE picks them up or they are released into the very community that jailed them...

. I think Tx is arresting for 'tresspassing"-
but not much they can do as laws are a federal purview
Since when has the FedGov been following the law??

Well federal purview is extensive on immigration law, while the barriers do show even minimal "wall" does work to stop the sautering across the border by migrants...Honestly I don't know what Tx can do except arrest for some kinna trespassing.
The caravans are coming, so we'll soon find out

Well federal purview is extensive on immigration law, while the barriers do show even minimal "wall" does work to stop the sautering across the border by migrants...Honestly I don't know what Tx can do except arrest for some kinna trespassing.
The caravans are coming, so we'll soon find out

Oh no!

Abbott trying to boost his flailing favorability before 2022.

If only the Ds would find someone better than Beto.

Oh no!

Caravan organizer Garcia denied that such a deal had been made, and the statement made no mention of it.

Migrants have repeatedly expressed skepticism about receiving documentation regularizing them in Mexico, and organizers say another caravan is already about to depart from Tapachula, a major migrant massing point close to the border with Guatemala.
we'll see, and this is just 1 caravan while the daily stream of migrants continue -but i'll take a bit of good news

Like the Berlin Wall.
No, not like Berlin Wall. The Berlin Wall kept people in. You can freely go to any border crossing and walk into Mexico if Mexican Authorities will allow you

At least now we know who to blame for the global shortage of shipping containers 😉

Back
Top Bottom