• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#1 Science Fiction television series ever is...

#1 Sci-Fi TV series ever is...

• Quantum Leap

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Who

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Star Trek: Next Generation

• Star Trek: Original Series

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Babylon 5

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • The X-Files

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Battlestar Galactica (New Version)

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other (Write in)

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
Hands down, Star Trek is the single most influential science fiction TV show ever made. A lot of other sci fi wouldn't exist without Star Trek. Not to mention the number of technologies that were influenced by Star Trek. Do you know why cell phones look the way they do? It's because that's how communicators looked in Star Trek. Doors that open by themselves? They got the idea from the USS Enterprise. A lot of scanning techniques used in medical diagnoses? Inspired by Star Trek. Not to mention the political and social theories that arise from Star Trek.

That depends on which Doctor you saw. The previous one, David Tennant, was by far the best Doctor, but the current one Matt Smith isn't that bad either. I think the Doctors before these two are outdated, and a bit cheesy.

So which one did you see? Keep in mind there've been 10 or 11 of them.

Richard Hartnell
Patric Troughton
Jon Pertwee
Tom Baker (My personal favorite)
Peter Davison
Colin Baker (by far, the worst)
Sylvester McCoy (second worst)
Paul McGann (I barely count him, as he was only in one movie version, and if you count him, you have to count Peter Cushing too)
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Matt Smith

So, 'technically'... 12. 13, if you count Richard Hurndall, who played the part in place of the deceased Richard Hartnell in one of the multi-doctor episodes.

Pick your favorite ... if it's not on the list, it was probably too cheesy or short lived to make it.

I don't care if it was short lived. Firefly for the win.

Star Trek: The Original Series is a good runner up in my book.

Richard Hartnell
Patric Troughton
Jon Pertwee
Peter Davison
Paul McGann (I barely count him, as he was only in one movie version, and if you count him, you have to count Peter Cushing too)
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Matt Smith

So, 'technically'... 12. 13, if you count Richard Hurndall, who played the part in place of the deceased Richard Hartnell in one of the multi-doctor episodes.

You're forgetting Peter Cushing.

Battlestar Galactica didn't win every vote? What's wrong with you people?

Battlestar Galactica betrayed itself. Terrible finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
Richard Hartnell
Patric Troughton
Jon Pertwee
Peter Davison
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Matt Smith

You're forgetting Peter Cushing.

I think you missed something in my list...

Battlestar Galactica betrayed itself. Terrible finish.

It went all Old Testament on us (predictable if you watched the show).

But the pilot episode was good enough to be a stand alone movie. Excellent sci-fi.

here's a few old ones I liked as a kid

Land of the Giants
The Time Tunnel
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

How many of us wouldn't frak Caprica 6 until she couldn't walk...
6a00d8341c9e5b53ef010536b627e8970b-500wi

Last edited:
How many of us wouldn't frak Caprica 6 until she couldn't walk...
She's a robot - is that even possible?

Although I suppose, given that they're designed to be human...

Star Trek had some real hotties. and the Scene in V where the lady scientist was been subjected to the lizard Mind F%%% clad in the white bodystocking surely appealed to just about every SM freak watching!!

hands DOWN...... Doctor Who. Over 50 years....... the longest running. Alas the last 5 years have been by FAR the best Sci-Fi out there. PERIOD!!!

You guys are seriously weird sci-fi geeks.

When do we see Turanga Leela pics?

Red Dwarf

The smartest Sci-Fi ever put on television.

*All hail!*

"Wrong, wrong, absolutely brimming over with wrongability"

And remember - it's *suppose* to be served COLD!

Last edited:
Thank you!!! Which Doc is your favorite?

10, 4, 2, 5.... in that order. The worst is 7 and 6. But 6 got screwed..... he had potential. I go to Chicago TARDIS and so far Ive had conversations with Colin Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Paul McGann (had dinner with him and his wife WOOT!), Phil Collinson and Eric Roberts (before his Batman gig).

Im a HUUUUUGE fan!!!! :2wave:

10, 4, 2, 5.... in that order. The worst is 7 and 6. But 6 got screwed..... he had potential. I go to Chicago TARDIS and so far Ive had conversations with Colin Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Paul McGann (had dinner with him and his wife WOOT!), Phil Collinson and Eric Roberts (before his Batman gig).

Im a HUUUUUGE fan!!!! :2wave:

YESSSSS DAVID TENNANT TO THE DEATH!!!!!!!!!! God I love the Doctor too. He's easily the most incredibly fictional character in existence, and the most capable too. I love the idea of a lone person silently, selflessly helping thousands and millions of people across time too

Space 1999 or maybe The Prisoner.

I am not a number!

Back
Top Bottom