• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1 person dead, 2 suspects in custody following shooting at Denver protests: Police

ASHES

An Uncertain Person
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The shooting occurred in the courtyard near the Denver Art Museum, officials said. Police initially said one victim was transported to the hospital and their condition was unknown. Denver police later said they were investigating the incident as a homicide

Two competing protests were scheduled Saturday afternoon at Denver's Civic Center Park, where the museum is located. One event, called "BLM-Antifa Soup Drive," was hosted by the Denver Communists and other groups, according to a Facebook event page. The other, dubbed a "Patriot Muster" rally, called on patriots to "stand up" and "show up" in promotional materials.

Well, this will be fun. Similar series of events as the Portland murder.

Let the usual DP rush to judgment begin, sigh.

Whoever the poor soul is, he didn't intend to die today.

Sounds like the Austin protest killing.

The Denver Police Department later tweeted that the suspect is a private security guard and has "no affiliation with Antifa." KUSA, the NBC affiliate in Denver, said the security guard was working for them at the time of the shooting. A producer for the station was also taken into custody, KUSA said, but later released and was not involved in the shooting. "A private security guard who was hired by 9NEWS is the suspect detained by DPD," the station said in a statement. "It has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to hire private security to accompany staff at protests."
Montoya had said it was unclear whether either person, the victim or suspect, was involved in the protests.

Other than being completely different, of course. Keep up the good work.

:rolleyes:

One dead, two shooters arrested? Almost identical, minus one Uber.
The Denver Police Department later tweeted that the suspect is a private security guard and has "no affiliation with Antifa." KUSA, the NBC affiliate in Denver, said the security guard was working for them at the time of the shooting. A producer for the station was also taken into custody, KUSA said, but later released and was not involved in the shooting. "A private security guard who was hired by 9NEWS is the suspect detained by DPD," the station said in a statement. "It has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to hire private security to accompany staff at protests."
Montoya had said it was unclear whether either person, the victim or suspect, was involved in the protests.

Other than being completely different, of course. Keep up the good work.

:rolleyes:

What case are you talking about? It can't be the Garret Foster shooting because that is nothing like this one.

(Suspect this story isn't going to last too long in the headlines...)

"Both the victim and the gunman were white men, Joe Montoya, chief of the Police Department’s investigations division, said at a news conference on Saturday evening. The victim was taken to a hospital, where he later died, he said."

The facts say otherwise.

Photo of the exact moment. Pulitzer-level timing, the bullet casing is still in the air. No blood and gore or anything, but I figure I'd NWS warning it and not embed it just to be safe.
NWS
edit: Goddamnit, new forum software auto recognizes images and wants to display them.
https: //imgur.com/JQC1ZfM
NWS

Edit: On closer look... it looks like an entire ejected bullet. I guess the shooter had a round chambered already, but reflexively tried to chamber a round when he drew?

Last edited:
The facts say otherwise.
Which facts? In Austin a single shooter (driver trying to go from A to B) killed an armed man (anarcho-capitalist) after the victim allegedly pointed his rifle at him. The single shooter has not been arrested and charged with murder as of yet. In this case, it looks like maybe two people that orchestrated an escalating series of confrontations that ended when the protestor was shot. Everything that happened from the first interaction to the last will be relevant in determining which one was reasonable in their use of self defense.

Photo of the exact moment. Pulitzer-level timing, the bullet casing is still in the air. No blood and gore or anything, but I figure I'd NWS warning it and not embed it just to be safe.
NWS
edit: Goddamnit, new forum software auto recognizes images and wants to display them.
NWS

Edit: On closer look... it looks like an entire ejected bullet. I guess the shooter had a round chambered already, but reflexively tried to chamber a round when he drew?
Are you talking about what's on the ground? Can't tell if it's a rock or bullet, but could be either. If you mean this picture is during the forward movement of the slide after him manually chambering with a round already there, I don't think so. He released the slide and returned his hand to the grip before the slide finished it's forward return and the prechambered round is still in the air?

Except this guy wasn't employing deadly force. He was spraying mace. Significant difference.

Also, the shooter is alledgedly a body guard, hired by media personel covering the protest, not an uber driver minding his own business.

Are you talking about what's on the ground? Can't tell if it's a rock or bullet, but could be either. If you mean this picture is during the forward movement of the slide after him manually chambering with a round already there, I don't think so. He released the slide and returned his hand to the grip before the slide finished it's forward return and the prechambered round is still in the air?

Above the gun, in the air. Looks like a bullet.

Except this guy wasn't employing deadly force. He was spraying mace. Significant difference.

Also, the shooter is alledgedly a body guard, hired by media personel covering the protest, not an uber driver minding his own business.

Mace guy attacked someone who had a gun. Isn't that exactly what you second amendment types carry a gun for?

NWS
NWS

That's a spent case.

Mace guy attacked someone with a gun. Isn't that exactly what you second amendment types carry a gun for?

Who did he attack with a gun?

Edit: attacked someone with a gun. I misread your post.

Last edited:
(Suspect this story isn't going to last too long in the headlines...)

"Both the victim and the gunman were white men, Joe Montoya, chief of the Police Department’s investigations division, said at a news conference on Saturday evening. The victim was taken to a hospital, where he later died, he said."

Well that's good. At least there will be no riots.

NWS
NWS

Also, in the future, you can alway use spoiler tags to hide NSFW content like this
JQC1ZfM.jpg

Last edited:
Above the gun, in the air. Looks like a bullet.
Just looked again, and you can clearly see discharge smoke and the gun mid cycle with visible recoil, so that is definitely just a shell casing in the air.

Looks like the shooter has a Red Dot sight on his pistol; possibly a flashlight or laser on a rail under the barrel.....cant tell what the pistol is though.

Looks like the shooter has a Red Dot sight on his pistol; possibly a flashlight or laser on a rail under the barrel.....cant tell what the pistol is though.

It has a threaded muzzle, too.

Reactions: Bum
The Leftists sure are quiet about this....lol

The Leftists sure are quiet about this....lol
I'm a "leftist." I just care about true crime, facts and evidence more than politics, so I try to leave my bias at the door.

Back
Top Bottom