• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1 person dead, 2 suspects in custody following shooting at Denver protests: Police

You sure are. The only comments you've made are about a spent case being ejected from the shooter's pistol.

If the tables were turned you all would be losing your shit, calling it murder, disproportionate use of force, calling the shooter a mercenary, blah, blah, ****ing, blah.

The Denver Police Department later tweeted that the suspect is a private security guard and has "no affiliation with Antifa." KUSA, the NBC affiliate in Denver, said the security guard was working for them at the time of the shooting. A producer for the station was also taken into custody, KUSA said, but later released and was not involved in the shooting. "A private security guard who was hired by 9NEWS is the suspect detained by DPD," the station said in a statement. "It has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to hire private security to accompany staff at protests."
Montoya had said it was unclear whether either person, the victim or suspect, was involved in the protests.

Other than being completely different, of course. Keep up the good work.

:rolleyes:
They state (after less than an hour) no connection to antifa yet his social media history shows he was a longtime Occupy dude, and was friends with a good number of Antifa/BLM folks, and has posted anti-cop messages that look just like the stuff Antifa/BLM says.

Mace guy attacked someone who had a gun. Isn't that exactly what you second amendment types carry a gun for?
Actually video and pictures indicate the guy with the gun attacked the victim, tried to take his mace, got backhanded as a result, then stepped back, drew his gun, and fired (possibly before the guy even fired his mace, given the pics).

Turns out the guy does not appear to be licensed, so either Pinkerton is hiring randos and not getting them credentialed, or 9news is lying and hired a rando (I'd note that the reporter who was there being guarded seems to be linked to antifa)

“We do not currently have an active license and have never had an active license for anybody with that name,” he said. “If he was operating as a security guard, he was in violation of the law.”

9news is going to have some explaining to do.

Made this for the other thread on this topic, but thought I'd put it here too:

1 (1).jpg

I'm a "leftist." I just care about true crime, facts and evidence more than politics, so I try to leave my bias at the door.
I'm a liberal, I have a Crimson Trace 'red dot' on my carry guns. :)

And I'm all about the facts.

Actually video and pictures indicate the guy with the gun attacked the victim, tried to take his mace, got backhanded as a result, then stepped back, drew his gun, and fired (possibly before the guy even fired his mace, given the pics).

So add them here so we can all have a look.

That's a good picture, in post 31, that shows exactly why people that want to cc should be able to. Alot of anti-gun people say, 'why do you need a gun?' Just carry pepper spray. Just use your keys :rolleyes: Or they deny anything will even happen. I bet the pepper spray guy here didnt think something like this would 'happen.'

When the shooter has criminal intent...it's pretty clear why you dont bring pepper spray to a gunfight. :rolleyes: Or why running away isnt going to 'beat' that bullet.

That's a good picture, in post 31, that shows exactly why people that want to cc should be able to. Alot of anti-gun people say, 'why do you need a gun?' Just carry pepper spray. Just use your keys :rolleyes: Or they deny anything will even happen. I bet the pepper spray guy here didnt think something like this would 'happen.'

When the shooter has criminal intent...it's pretty clear why you dont bring pepper spray to a gunfight. :rolleyes: Or why running away isnt going to 'beat' that bullet.
Once the backed away from each other the mutual combat ended. The fact that the victim slapped with an open hand rather than pepper sprayed first even though he was holding it the entire time show he was following the continuum of force. Reasonable force for the situation. The shooter, while backing up draws his pistol and aims it at the victim. This is not a reasonable escalation of force when he could have just walked away. In response to the pistol being drawn, the victim sprays while attempting to further back away, while the shooter steps forward and fires a single headshot.

Once the backed away from each other the mutual combat ended. The fact that the victim slapped with an open hand rather than pepper sprayed first even though he was holding it the entire time show he was following the continuum of force. Reasonable force for the situation. The shooter, while backing up draws his pistol and aims it at the victim. This is not a reasonable escalation of force when he could have just walked away. In response to the pistol being drawn, the victim sprays while attempting to further back away, while the shooter steps forward and fires a single headshot.
Correct, and even the open-handed back-hand by the victim was used only in response to the 'guard' trying to grab his pepper spray from his hand (battery and attempted theft).

WHen you're the aggressor like this guard was, you don't get a self-defense defense, even without the fact that he fired before the mace was even used.

You sure are. The only comments you've made are about a spent case being ejected from the shooter's pistol.

If the tables were turned you all would be losing your shit, calling it murder, disproportionate use of force, calling the shooter a mercenary, blah, blah, ****ing, blah.

So how come you've never once complained about disproportionate force when the victim was black?

The trumper was trying to attack the press.

That picture above is before the slap / pepper spray / gunshot. Taken while the video (below) was being recorded.

Near the end of the video, you can see the goon fix his mask (after losing to the black man) and set his sights on his next target, "the fake news media/enemy of the people". Where he was shot dead.

Wonder who gave him the idea to attack the press.

Looks like the "enemy of the people" seem to have armed guards now.

Welcome to trumps America.

Last edited:

Yet, you believe cops should retreat when a gun is pointed at them.
So how come you've never once complained about disproportionate force when the victim was black?

Depends on the circumstances.

The trumper was trying to attack the press.

That picture above is before the slap / pepper spray / gunshot. Taken while the video (below) was being recorded.

Near the end of the video, you can see the goon fix his mask (after losing to the black man) and set his sights on his next target, "the fake news media/enemy of the people". Where he was shot dead.

Wonder who gave him the idea to attack the press.

Looks like the "enemy of the people" seem to have armed guards now.

Welcome to trumps America.

The press is hiring mercenaries?

Nothing of value was lost.

Nobody in this case is black. If you want to discuss the particulars of other shootings there are places to do that. And there are disproportionate uses of "self-defense" force on blacks, the Drejka case was one, and Dunn, and Ahmaud Arbery for example. Some people might disagree with the direction of those cases, but that has nothing to do with the facts of this case.

A human life was lost. If you think that means nothing, it says more about you than the victim.

Sorry, after Kenosha, boog lives have no value for me.

Sorry, after Kenosha, boog lives have no value for me.
It's a shame you are so blinded by partisanship, just like those defending the McMichaels.

It's a shame you are so blinded by partisanship, just like those defending the McMichaels.

It's not partisanship. I am a democrat only by default.

It's loathing.

It's not partisanship. I am a democrat only by default.

It's loathing.
Your loathing is an explicit bias that will only hurt you in the end. Loathing is repaid in kind, but so is kindness and understanding. If you're not interested in discussing the facts of this case, and only expressing your loathing, you should stick to the other thread on this incident.

Your loathing is an explicit bias that will only hurt you in the end. Loathing is repaid in kind, but so is kindness and understanding. If you're not interested in discussing the facts of this case, and only expressing your loathing, you should stick to the other thread on this incident.

1. I'll post where I please, if it's all the same to you.

2. The right already loathes me, and I'm okay with that. If they liked me, I'd have to reexamine the way I live my life.

1. I'll post where I please, if it's all the same to you.

2. The right already loathes me, and I'm okay with that. If they liked me, I'd have to reexamine the way I live my life.
This is my thread, and I'd like to keep it on topic, thanks.

This is my thread, and I'd like to keep it on topic, thanks.

We are on topic. I think what you mean to say is "I don't want anyone disagreeing with me on my thread."

You called the Kenosha thing "self defense," IIRC, and yet both times boogs have been shot, it's "murder". Your bias is blatant.

Back
Top Bottom