• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#1 Most BadAss President is...

The #1 Most Bad Ass President is...

• Total voters

Tedminator

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Was there any doubt? There can be only one..

#1 Most BadAss President.. Theodore Roosevelt
political-pictures-teddy-roosevelt-chuck-norris.jpg

Checking Teddy Roosevelt's resume is like reading a How-To guide on ass-kicking manliness. He was a cattle rancher, a deputy sheriff, an explorer, a police commissioner, the assistant Secretary of the Navy, the governor of New York, and a war hero.

Out of all of his jobs, hobbies and passions, Roosevelt always had a special spot in his heart for unadulterated violence. In 1898, Roosevelt formed the first U.S. Volunteer Cavalry Regiment, known as the Rough Riders. Most people already know of the Rough Riders and their historic charge up San Juan Hill, but few know that, since their horses had to be left behind, the Riders made this charge entirely on foot. You just could not stop this man from violencing the hell out of a San Juan Hill.
The 5 Most Badass Presidents of All-Time | Cracked.com

oh, and BHO currently ranked 15th with this poll...

America's Greatest & Worst Presidents -- Siena's 5th Presidential Expert Poll (1982-2010)

LOUDONVILLE, NY (07/01/2010)(readMedia)-- For the fifth time since its inception in 1982, the Siena College Research Institute's (SRI) Survey of U.S. Presidents finds that experts rank Franklin D. Roosevelt as the top all time chief executive. The 238 participating presidential scholars round out the top five in order with Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Teddy Roosevelt had, more than any other president the "right stuff", and tops the collective ranking of a cluster of personal qualities including imagination, integrity, intelligence, luck, background, and being willing to take risks. Lincoln, according to the experts, demonstrated the greatest presidential abilities while FDR ranks first in overall accomplishments.

"In nearly thirty years, the same five presidents have occupied the first five places with only slight shuffling. Despite decades of new research on former presidents and the accomplishments or lack thereof of the current chief executives, scholars display amazingly consistent results," according to Dr. Douglas Lonnstrom, Professor of statistics at Siena College and one of the study's directors. "Only eight names have appeared in the second five over the years. Wilson and Truman hold onto membership in this club while Kennedy, John Adams and Jackson fell, Eisenhower holds on and Madison and Monroe have seen their stock rise."

The current president, Barack Obama, while highly rated on imagination (6th), communication ability (7th) and intelligence (8th) scores poorly on background (family, education and experience) and enters the survey in the 15th position. George W. Bush, had entered the survey at 23rd when the study was last conducted one year into his first term. Today, just one year after leaving office, the former president has found himself in the bottom five at 39th rated especially poorly in handling the economy, communication, ability to compromise, foreign policy accomplishments and intelligence. Rounding out the bottom five are four presidents that have held that dubious distinction each time the survey has been conducted: Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, and Franklin Pierce. Andrew Johnson leads the 'worst ever' in both abilities and accomplishments finishing below both Buchanan and Harding, but Harding tops the worst in personal attributes including integrity where he finishes just slightly ahead of Richard M. Nixon.

"Aside from the newest entry in the "Bottom Five", George W. Bush, the others have a firm hold on this ignominious distinction. Three, Pierce, Buchanan and Andrew Johnson wrap around one of our finest presidents, Abe Lincoln and those three perennial poorly ranked are held responsible for a failure to avert the Civil War in the case of Pierce and Buchanan, and perhaps even more shamefully in Johnson, prolonging the national disgrace with a prejudiced, Jim Crow, reconstruction," according to Professor Tom Kelly, Professor of History and American Studies, emeritus Siena College and the study's other director. "Harding, well, no one appreciates corruption nor accepts ineptitude as an excuse."

errr oops mybad. I put this thread in the wrong place. mods por favor move to POLLS please. thanks :)

Biased, poll is biased!

:mrgreen:

Teddy Roosevelt was my first thought lol.

I liked Ike

Ike has to be up there, Washington too. Not many men could be as tough as Washington while wearing a wig.

Edit: By the way, I was on 2 deployments and several workups on the Dwight D. Eisenhower, CVN-69.

Last edited:
Lincoln. He could whip any of you in a wrestling match or wood-chopping contest.

oh, and BHO currently ranked 15th with this poll...

America's Greatest & Worst Presidents -- Siena's 5th Presidential Expert Poll (1982-2010)

LOUDONVILLE, NY (07/01/2010)(readMedia)-- For the fifth time since its inception in 1982, the Siena College Research Institute's (SRI) Survey of U.S. Presidents finds that experts rank Franklin D. Roosevelt as the top all time chief executive. The 238 participating presidential scholars round out the top five in order with Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Teddy Roosevelt had, more than any other president the "right stuff", and tops the collective ranking of a cluster of personal qualities including imagination, integrity, intelligence, luck, background, and being willing to take risks. Lincoln, according to the experts, demonstrated the greatest presidential abilities while FDR ranks first in overall accomplishments.

"In nearly thirty years, the same five presidents have occupied the first five places with only slight shuffling. Despite decades of new research on former presidents and the accomplishments or lack thereof of the current chief executives, scholars display amazingly consistent results," according to Dr. Douglas Lonnstrom, Professor of statistics at Siena College and one of the study's directors. "Only eight names have appeared in the second five over the years. Wilson and Truman hold onto membership in this club while Kennedy, John Adams and Jackson fell, Eisenhower holds on and Madison and Monroe have seen their stock rise."

The current president, Barack Obama, while highly rated on imagination (6th), communication ability (7th) and intelligence (8th) scores poorly on background (family, education and experience) and enters the survey in the 15th position. George W. Bush, had entered the survey at 23rd when the study was last conducted one year into his first term. Today, just one year after leaving office, the former president has found himself in the bottom five at 39th rated especially poorly in handling the economy, communication, ability to compromise, foreign policy accomplishments and intelligence. Rounding out the bottom five are four presidents that have held that dubious distinction each time the survey has been conducted: Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding, and Franklin Pierce. Andrew Johnson leads the 'worst ever' in both abilities and accomplishments finishing below both Buchanan and Harding, but Harding tops the worst in personal attributes including integrity where he finishes just slightly ahead of Richard M. Nixon.

"Aside from the newest entry in the "Bottom Five", George W. Bush, the others have a firm hold on this ignominious distinction. Three, Pierce, Buchanan and Andrew Johnson wrap around one of our finest presidents, Abe Lincoln and those three perennial poorly ranked are held responsible for a failure to avert the Civil War in the case of Pierce and Buchanan, and perhaps even more shamefully in Johnson, prolonging the national disgrace with a prejudiced, Jim Crow, reconstruction," according to Professor Tom Kelly, Professor of History and American Studies, emeritus Siena College and the study's other director. "Harding, well, no one appreciates corruption nor accepts ineptitude as an excuse."

historians tend to be-on average-leftwing moonbats. ranking FDR as #1 only proves what a joke that poll is. and rating obama so early (or W as well) shows that its full of weasel dung

Teddy Roosevelt was a leader in the Progressive movement...

I was surprised that Truman didn't make the list. Anyone who authorizes the dropping of a nuke is pretty badass.

Teddy was a bad-ass but, he was a horrible president if you love liberty and want a limited president who follows the US Constitution.

Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson were the two most bad-ass presidents. I think it is a toss-up between those two as to who would kill who in a celebrity deathmatch. :mrgreen:

Obama is a wuss, and the only comparable wuss I can think of is Carter. Probably any other Prez could whup either ass, even William Howard Taft or Calvin Coolidge. :lamo

Last edited:
this bloke was a bad-ass, just look at the hair.

450px-08_martin_van_buren_3x4.jpg

You walk around with hair like that, everybody knows you ain't scared of nothin'. :mrgreen:

I was ready to vote for Teddy as soon as I read the thread title and before I opened the thread.

Where's the support for Old Hickory? Andrew Jackson is THE badass.

Nah, Washington was the biggest and the strongest. And.... You couldn't knock his teeth out!

Teddy is a badass because he gave en entire speech after being shot. After the speech he said something around the lines excuse me i will have to leave you people because i have been shot and i need medical attention. true story.

Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson were the two most bad-ass presidents. I think it is a toss-up between those two as to who would kill who in a celebrity deathmatch. :mrgreen:

Tough choice. Jackson lived much of his life with bullets inside him from duels. TR was shot during a campaign speech in 1912 and finished the speech before going to the hospital.

Obama is a wuss, and the only comparable wuss I can think of is Carter. Probably any other Prez could whup either ass, even William Howard Taft or Calvin Coolidge. :lamo

Franklin Pierce or Millard Filmore were pretty wussy.

this bloke was a bad-ass, just look at the hair.

450px-08_martin_van_buren_3x4.jpg

Van Buren. The man most responsible for partisan politics and the political machine. Did you know that "OK" was created because of him?

Back
Top Bottom