• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1 in 500 US residents has died of COVID.

my parents checked boxes so I could go to school .. they didn't give a crap about the outcomes .. which were minimal ... except for known vaccines which actually cured us ... e.g. polio.

COVID 19 vaccines reduce outcomes, but don't solve outcomes, and vaccinated individuals can still contract the illness and spread to others.
They didn't care about kids getting polio?

Wow

it's interesting to watch the "pro" life party discuss whose lives are more valuable.
What's interesting is ignoring the one thing that would save the most lives.

yes .. polio, which isn't contingent on pre-existing conditions .. absolutely.
On illnesses where there is a 98-99.x%+ expectation to survive .. hell no .. my parents weren't that stupid.
98.6% chance to survive is pretty worrisome, especially when you realize that it's weighted much more heavily to older people (less than that chance to die if younger, higher chance if older).
I mean, we're talking 300M people. 1.6% of that is millions of people dying. Why would you not get vaccinated to remove that 1.6% chance of dying? Seems absurd.
And that's why we're going to mandate more and more vaccination, because the objects at this point have been examined, and found wanting.

So what you are saying is that if I walk by a fat person, I'm going to get fat? Is that where we are going here?

I understand the dynamics of social spreading, but we are talking a viral contagion, and I think you know this.

I posted the article for you - read it. I can lead you to knowledge but I can't make you think.

Covid is the perfect storm. It came at a time in American and World history where there is complete apathy to obesity. Then everyone is crying for a save-me-blue-pill-fix at the same time still ignoring that of those 1 in 500 - most did not have to die. If you want to write Covid mandates where they do the most good - why is this being ignored. Because it's too hard? Sorry. Most unvaccinated people will go on to develop a natural immunity to Covid. That's just the science of the human immune system. But it is so much easier to tell them the apocalypse is at hand if they don't vaccinate. You'd gain more ground if you just told them the truth. Hyperbole isn't helping anything.
Are you saying that won't get covid at all? Or they have to get covid first?

People who are obese have a decreased immune response to those vaccines.

“Adipose fat is considered like an endocrine organ now, and the immune response in central obesity is that the fat that sits around the organ and abdomen has a much higher prevalence of low immunity in fighting infection and generating antibodies to vaccines,” NITIN DESAI, MD

A 2012 review in the Proceedings Of The Nutrition Society reported that a potential mechanism could be that excess fat hinders access to the nutrients that immune cells need to carry out their daily activities.

-------------------

Take the blue pill Nemo? It's to hard to know the truth.
I don't know who Nitin Desai is.

Certainly! Make everyone not obese NOW! Forget the vaxxine Forget masks. Forget social distancing.
We're 18 months into this - obesity rates should be at an all time low now. Just the opposite.
Just keep taking the blue pull Nemo.

Certainly! Make everyone not obese NOW! Forget the vaxxine Forget masks. Forget social distancing.
And you thought masks usage was hard to implement? Wait until you have to tell people to put down the fast food, eat better, and get off the couch.
;)

And you thought masks usage was hard to implement? Wait until you have to tell people to put down the fast food, eat better, and get off the couch.
;)
Blue pill Nemo - the blue pull.

Completely different diseases with completely different histories and completely different medical implications.
Texas has a different kind of Covid? What fresh non sense is this?

Back
Top Bottom