• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1 Dead, dozens hurt in explosion at Louisiana chemical plant...

roughdraft274

ThunderCougarFalconBird
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
1 dead, dozens hurt in explosion at Louisiana chemical plant - CBS News

Surprised there isn't a thread on this yet, lol.

Happened this morning, reasons still seem to be unknown. I can tell you it was one hell of an explosion though. I was at a neighboring chemical plant this morning, probably about three miles away (I only know because we were right outside of a two mile radius "danger zone" that people were talking about). I was on the top deck, over a hundred feet up from grade, looking at something and heard the explosion. Startled me so much I almost fell back. Almost immediately after that there was black smoke billowing out from the area. Was trapped in the control room at that plant all morning til lunch when they finally let the contractors get out of the plant.

Wishing the best for the injured and the family of the one lost. Hopefully the numbers don't keep climbing, though they've been climbing all morning apparently.

Back
Top Bottom