• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1/6 committee: Evidence Trump engaged in 'criminal conspiracy,' may have broken laws

Aren't you overstating what happened a bit? I want to remember it as just being a protest where some unfortunate violence took place, but that's not too uncommon for protests.

The fact that it took place in Washington doesn't make it any different from protests happening for other reasons in other places, in my opinion. I never felt an inkling of a threat that the government was ever at risk of being "overthrown," all I saw was angry white trash blowing off steam.

You are dangerously, comically naive. Just because you want to remember it as "just a protest" doesn't mitigate the facts. A president lost re-election, created a false conspiracy about the actual winner while actively trying to defraud the electoral process and then, when all other treachery failed, stirred up a violent protest, within which were organized agents of treason who supported said loser.

There has not yet been one single piece of evidence that, in any way, throws doubt on Trump's complicity or contradicts the idea that your simple protest was an organized coup. Trump's strategy is to cry "witch hunt" while attempting to block any and all evidence of his guilt, which continues to run out through his tiny fingers. It's a wonder to behold not just the open criminality of Trump, but the reductionism by apathetic fence-riders who apparently prefer quiet over justice for all.

I wonder about those who say they aren't Trump supporters but still desire to see his crimes against their country swept under the rug. I think they're all lying their asses off. That's EXACTLY the kind of support he wants from them, tacit acceptance. The rest he can get with lies, threats and treason.

Sorry about that Chief.

Sometimes humour comes through even less well than sarcasm does.

PS - The "Of course if the persons under consideration were Democrats, the position of those same people would be that no search warrants would be needed because they had been accused and that means that they are guilty (so there is also no need for any investigations or trials)." bit was entirely serious. The "those same persons" being referred to being the "Republicans" who are NOW insisting that no one is ever doing anything improper until AFTER they have been convicted and lost all of their appeals and who WERE insisting that Ms. Clinton be incarcerated IMMEDIATELY based on the premise that she was **G*U*I*L*T*Y** merely because she had been accused of wrongdoing.

About everything Trump threw at Hillary stuck well enough to elect Trump. He wasn't trying to be funny and any sarcasm on his part was serious, as were his lies and, all that is ongoing by Trump and the Rep/cons.

Trump is guilty of this and a litany of other crimes.

He has been impeached twice but saved by his hold over the republican party.

Trump, Republicans at local, state, and federal levels and their supporters are all guilty. Americans should be totally disgusted at the behavior of these groups and vote them all out of office in November.

The rubber is finally meeting the road. Justice is the most important function of our land of laws. It must proceed on and thoroughly complete its work. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

View attachment 67378033

The panel argued that the records should not be protected by attorney-client privilege under the crime fraud exception, given that Eastman's legal advice may have helped Trump commit multiple crimes.

While lawmakers on the panel cannot formally charge Trump with a crime, they have suggested their investigation would result in a criminal referral to the Justice Department, which would then decide whether to prosecute the former president.

"The evidence supports an inference that President Trump, plaintiff and several others entered into an agreement to defraud the United States by interfering with the election certification process, disseminating false information about election fraud, and pressuring state officials to alter state election results and federal officials to assist in that effort," the committee wrote in the filing.
Yes, Robert Mueller should conduct an investigation. Walls are closing in, lots of smoke, if true, yada yada yada.
It would be interesting if Trump attracted all the smears and incoming attacks, and pulled out at the last minute, leaving DeSantis as the R candidate.

Trump is guilty of this and a litany of other crimes.

He has been impeached twice but saved by his hold over the republican party.

Trump, Republicans at local, state, and federal levels and their supporters are all guilty. Americans should be totally disgusted at the behavior of these groups and vote them all out of office in November.

More like voted in because whatever they're guilty of works for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom