• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

1.4 million jobs added.

MODS: I put this here because polls show jobs and the economy are one of the voters top concerns. Not bad: 1.4 million jobs added in August, dropping UE rate to 8.4%

BTW: It took the miracle of Obamanomics with Slo Joe as co-pilot, almost four years to drop UE to around this level.
Joe Biden had no part if fiscal policy under Obama.

Only took Trump three years to crater the economy.
That's a truly bizarre statement. The economy improved for three years, despite interest rate hikes that the Obama admoniastration did not receive.

Those 1.4 million jobs were re-added.
This is an acceptable statement, though it is at odds with your preceding statement. Strange.

:yawn:

Obama inherited a disaster and handed a booming economy to Trump. Trump will hand Biden a disaster.
Wrong on both counts.

Bush handed Obama a recovering economy. The bottom was in 2008, not 2009.

The current economy is not a disaster. It has had a shock from a natural disaster, but the fundamentals are sound

No amount of stupid Trumpist lies will change that.
Why lie when the facts support you? The facts support Trump.

Those only fly in cult meetings.
You would know about cult meetings. Your whole post must have come from one.

The global death toll from the coronavirus pandemic could triple by year’s end, with an additional 1.9 million deaths, while a fall wave of infections could drive fatalities in the United States to 410,000, according to a new forecast from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington. But hey, dense blue states got hit hardest first, so those are probably mostly liberals, amirite?
You are definitely not rite, or right either. It's fascinating watching you try to blame Trump for a natural disaster.:doh

Are you claiming that 53,000 to 57,000 dead Americans isn't much of an issue?
You do it all the time, by consistently refusing to hold Cuomo accountable for the disaster he caused in NYC. This is why Biden is full of ****. Cuomo was going to screw things up regardless.

You are definitely not rite, or right either. It's fascinating watching you try to blame Trump for a natural disaster.:doh

I'll focus on the stupidest of your lies. I do not blame Trump for COVID's existence. I blame Trump for his lying, denying, and doing nothing near what is required for months.....which allowed it to spread in ways that countries that took it seriously did not see, now having killed a ghastly amount of Americans. And I blame Trumpists for defending and some even cheering the deaths.

Hope this helps, knowing it won't; knowing you'll tell another stupid lie soon enough.

I'll focus on the stupidest of your lies. I do not blame Trump for COVID's existence. I blame Trump for his lying, denying, and doing nothing near what is required for months.....which allowed it to spread in ways that countries that took it seriously did not see, now having killed a ghastly amount of Americans. And I blame Trumpists for defending and some even cheering the deaths.

Hope this helps, knowing it won't; knowing you'll tell another stupid lie soon enough.
Did "nothing for months"? That is the stupidest lie. He began working with China in early January, closed travel from China in January. Warned of the virus in the State of the Union Address in early February, closed travel from Europe in March - just for starters. Also got many private businesses to change over to producing PPE, ventilators and other required supplies. He TRIED to shut the country down but was rebuffed by several governors who then closed their own states down.

Bush handed Obama a recovering economy. The bottom was in 2008, not 2009.

What metric are you claiming supports that? GDP continued to fall until Q2 2009, with Q3 2009 the first quarter with positive growth. The Unemployment rate peaked in October 2009 at 10%, nonfarm payroll employment bottomed in February 2010.

Tank the economy? Seriously? Which party is making closing down and article of faith? Hint: it ain't the Republicans.
Actually out 2nd Qtr GDP drop was less than Germany's. It was 9.5% - you got sucked into the MSM's report one quarter's number ANNUALIZED.

But Germans follow orders; the didn't go on spring break, they don't have masses of unmasked protestors or huge crowds partying.

It’s the scientists that said we needed to close down. Other countries didn’t have to close as hard because they wore masks, social distanced and quickly ramped up testing, quarantine and contact tracing to control the epidemic.

It’s the Republicans who are the anti maskers:

“While majorities of women (54%), Democrats (61%), Northeasterners (54%), and those with annual household incomes under $36,000 (51%) say they always use masks outside their homes, their counterparts do so less often. Still, with just one exception, majorities in each of these subgroups -- as well as education and age groups -- say they wear a mask in public at least very often.

The one exception is Republicans, among whom a majority say they wear masks infrequently -- either sometimes (18%), rarely (9%) or never (27%). Although President Donald Trump has been reluctant to wear one in public, other Republican leaders have come out in support of using them.”

Americans' Face Mask Usage Varies Greatly by Demographics

You are wrong about Germany not having their own nut jobs:
499d3bc2a7eb3c6812986c804a0762fa.jpg

Anti-lockdown protests in Germany infiltrated by far-right extremists – EURACTIV.com

The GDP numbers come from Trading Economics:

GDP Growth Rate - Countries - List | G20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What metric are you claiming supports that? GDP continued to fall until Q2 2009, with Q3 2009 the first quarter with positive growth. The Unemployment rate peaked in October 2009 at 10%, nonfarm payroll employment bottomed in February 2010.
Valid point. It would have been better to say that Obama's first quarter (Q3) was up.

What nonsense! Tank the economy then recover some of the damage and then celebrate.

Why not do a good job with the pandemic and never tank the economy at all like, for example, Germany whose unemployment rate is half of ours and their 2nd qtr GDP drop was 1/3 of ours?

This has been the Trump strategy for awhile now. And people like Bullseye fall for it everytime.

John had six apples and Donnie came and took them all. Two months later Donny gave John 3 apples and people like Bullseye start screaming how Donny helped out John by giving him three apples. :lamo

Most of those would've died no matter what President Trump did. Joe Biden's own statements support this.

Here in Thailand we have been Covid Free for 101 Days until they found a local infection in prison yesterday. 100 DAYS COVID FREE!!!

And you have the guts to say that those people would have died anyway? Shame on you. Well, yes everybody will die eventually, but I am pretty damn sure that this is not what you meant.

Joey

No. Especially given most were old anyway.

You trolling is too obvious. Might want to dial it back to become slightly more realistic.

It’s the scientists that said we needed to close down. Other countries didn’t have to close as hard because they wore masks, social distanced and quickly ramped up testing, quarantine and contact tracing to control the epidemic.

It’s the Republicans who are the anti maskers:

“While majorities of women (54%), Democrats (61%), Northeasterners (54%), and those with annual household incomes under $36,000 (51%) say they always use masks outside their homes, their counterparts do so less often. Still, with just one exception, majorities in each of these subgroups -- as well as education and age groups -- say they wear a mask in public at least very often.

The one exception is Republicans, among whom a majority say they wear masks infrequently -- either sometimes (18%), rarely (9%) or never (27%). Although President Donald Trump has been reluctant to wear one in public, other Republican leaders have come out in support of using them.”

Americans' Face Mask Usage Varies Greatly by Demographics

You are wrong about Germany not having their own nut jobs:
499d3bc2a7eb3c6812986c804a0762fa.jpg

Anti-lockdown protests in Germany infiltrated by far-right extremists – EURACTIV.com

The GDP numbers come from Trading Economics:

GDP Growth Rate - Countries - List | G20

You seem to not understand denominator and numerator nor does the American people give a damn about percentage change, they care about dollars, Obama 500 billion dollars a year in GDP growth including 842 billion stimulus spending for shovel ready jobs. You cannot seem to grasp the reality that the GDP has four major components, why don't you tell us how much the gov't spending contributed to Obama's GDP growth and why 500 billion per year is better than 900 billion per year?

When you look at your bank account does it show percentage change or actual dollars?

Your loyalty to liberalism shows just how dependent you are on creating equal outcome and ignoring equal opportunity. Then on this issue you show liberal hypocrisy as you claim you wanted the spread of the virus to stop thus supporting the economic shutdown. What you really wanted was the negative numbers to blame on Trump

Now you tell me if 2% of 21 trillion dollars is the same as 2% on 19 trillion dollars as it impacts individuals?

You trolling is too obvious. Might want to dial it back to become slightly more realistic.

Should I start reporting your posts as being off topic? This thread is about 1.4 million jobs created last month, what does your response have to do with that topic?

MODS: I put this here because polls show jobs and the economy are one of the voters top concerns.

Not bad: 1.4 million jobs added in August, dropping UE rate to 8.4%
Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 1.4 million in August, and the unemployment rate fell to
8.4 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. These improvements in the labor
market reflect the continued resumption of economic activity that had been curtailed due to the
coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and efforts to contain it. In August, an increase in government
employment largely reflected temporary hiring for the 2020 Census. Notable job gains also
occurred in retail trade, in professional and business services, in leisure and hospitality, and
in education and health services.
BTW: It took the miracle of Obamanomics with Slo Joe as co-pilot, almost four years to drop UE to around this level.
Actually, it didn't take four years. Unemployment dropped to 8.3% in January 2012, which is three years.

There are many differences. The first was that it wasn't the magic of Trump. In 2009, the GOP was reluctant to pass any stimulus because they feared helping Americans would make Obama look good. Congress ended up giving him $800 billion spread over two years. This year, the Dem House and the GOP Senate gave Trump $2.3 trillion to be spent immediately.

fredgraph.png

Actually, it didn't take four years. Unemployment dropped to 8.3% in January 2012, which is three years.
Big whoop. Close enough give the MOE. Obama had a wide-open economy, and no pandemic. He also had the impetus of an economy coming back from a recession - and still he had the worst recovery since WW II
MTAtech said:
There are many differences. The first was that it wasn't the magic of Trump. In 2009, the GOP was reluctant to pass any stimulus because they feared helping Americans would make Obama look good. Congress ended up giving him $800 billion spread over two years. This year, the Dem House and the GOP Senate gave Trump $2.3 trillion to be spent immediately.

fredgraph.png
LOL, In 2009 the GOP was essentially impotent; the Dems had commanding majorities in both houses. Your chart is useless here's the month by month UE numbers"

revised unemploymnent rates.jpg

You seem to not understand denominator and numerator nor does the American people give a damn about percentage change, they care about dollars, Obama 500 billion dollars a year in GDP growth including 842 billion stimulus spending for shovel ready jobs. You cannot seem to grasp the reality that the GDP has four major components, why don't you tell us how much the gov't spending contributed to Obama's GDP growth and why 500 billion per year is better than 900 billion per year?

When you look at your bank account does it show percentage change or actual dollars?

Your loyalty to liberalism shows just how dependent you are on creating equal outcome and ignoring equal opportunity. Then on this issue you show liberal hypocrisy as you claim you wanted the spread of the virus to stop thus supporting the economic shutdown. What you really wanted was the negative numbers to blame on Trump

Now you tell me if 2% of 21 trillion dollars is the same as 2% on 19 trillion dollars as it impacts individuals?

aed69996e0edc1d46ff61ab6c61bf10a.jpg

About half the jobs lost through the irrational response to the coronavirus have been restored. Let's keep that going.

I don't care if the hacks give credit to Obama. Rational people laugh at people like that.

I'm sorry to hear that BrotherF. Good luck on the job hunt.

I really appreciate that PoweRob. I'll find something within the next couple of months. Hopefully we'll pass another stimulus check soon. 2020 has been a disaster for me and 99% of Americans. I worked in the legal field doing accounting, and the extension of foreclosures moratoriums essentially killed my job.

I really appreciate that PoweRob. I'll find something within the next couple of months. Hopefully we'll pass another stimulus check soon. 2020 has been a disaster for me and 99% of Americans. I worked in the legal field doing accounting, and the extension of foreclosures moratoriums essentially killed my job.

That will lift and unfortunately for many and your field of expertise is going to explode I do believe. Perhaps then you can almost write your own checks with the demand you will be in.

Last edited:
Big whoop. Close enough give the MOE. Obama had a wide-open economy, and no pandemic. He also had the impetus of an economy coming back from a recession - and still he had the worst recovery since WW II
LOL, In 2009 the GOP was essentially impotent; the Dems had commanding majorities in both houses. Your chart is useless here's the month by month UE numbers"

View attachment 67294131
Obama had a "wide open" economy? The nation suffered the biggest recession since the Great Depression and that's a "big whoop."

You cannot seem to grasp the reality that the GDP has four major components, why don't you tell us how much the gov't spending contributed to Obama's GDP growth

Oooh pick me!
NIPA Table 1.1.6. Real Gross Domestic Product, Chained Dollars
[Billions of chained (2012) dollars] Seasonally adjusted at annual rates

Q4 2008 C + I + G + NX = 10,483.4 + 2,246.4 + 3,230.5 - 640.4 = 15,319.9
Q4 2016 C + I + G + NX = 12,380 + 3,140.1 + 3,156.6 - 806.3 = 17,860.4
So for a total change of 2.5 trillion, government spending contributed negative 74 billion.

Oooh pick me!
NIPA Table 1.1.6. Real Gross Domestic Product, Chained Dollars
[Billions of chained (2012) dollars] Seasonally adjusted at annual rates

Q4 2008 C + I + G + NX = 10,483.4 + 2,246.4 + 3,230.5 - 640.4 = 15,319.9
Q4 2016 C + I + G + NX = 12,380 + 3,140.1 + 3,156.6 - 806.3 = 17,860.4
So for a total change of 2.5 trillion, government spending contributed negative 74 billion.

So why don't you tell us how much the 842 billion dollar federal stimulus added to GDP?? Can you explain why coming off what was called the worst recession since the Great Depression the best Obama could do was increase GDP dollar growth 500 billion a year and that was dropping his last three years in office? Seems there is a lot of loyalty to liberal economic policies that saw Obama lose the House in 10-12-14-16 and the Senate in 14-16-18.

Doesn't seem to take much to excite a liberal so I see nothing in your post that would even call you a centrist, you still cannot seem to respond to the fact that there were 146 million employed in January-April 2008 and 152 million employed in January 2017 or 6 million jobs during that period of time which obviously saw no population growth or that booming Obama economy

Then the U-6 was what when the recession began and what was it when he left? What was it in February 2020? Seems you have a very selective and partisan memory that doesn't give you a lot of credibility.

Still waiting for exactly what you expected the unemployment to be with an economic shutdown and were you like most liberals just looking for those numbers to blame Trump? Now run away like the rest of the left

Back
Top Bottom