• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1,015 deaths in America

Could America have saved more lives?

• Yes, a thousand dead a day is for loser countries

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No, Trump did as best he could

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There were 1,015 COVID 19 deaths in America 2 days ago. That's over 185,000 deaths total.

UK had 8

France had 20

Germany had 1

Canada had 6

South Korea had 3

Could we have done better and saved more lives?

Coronavirus Update (Live): 25,229,932 Cases and 847,706 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

If our jackass president had listened to the advice given to him and shut down the country in late Feb/early March approximately 90% of the deaths here could have been avoided.

Opinion | The Huge Cost of Waiting to Contain the Pandemic - The New York Times

By December according to a popular model used by the White House approximately 2100 dead Americans will be on the hands of the white house jackass and if mandates continue to ease (as the jackass is encouraging) that number rises to over 4800 deaths.

COVID-19

It didn't have to be this way. We CANNOT afford another four years of this.

Me thinks they don't "Inflate" the death numbers like we do

You thinks confused. You have no idea how the death rate is calculated in other countries. Neither do I. We don't even know the number of dead here due to Covid: its likely much larger than what is reported.

There is no cogent argument that supports giving the white house donkey four more years to keep killing Americans. None.

You thinks confused. You have no idea how the death rate is calculated in other countries. Neither do I. We don't even know the number of dead here due to Covid: its likely much larger than what is reported.

There is no cogent argument that supports giving the white house donkey four more years to keep killing Americans. None.

In the states , there's a lot of money at state(wink)

Also, I have a feeling they don't count someone who's terminally ill and dies of covid(sigh)

(LOL)

In the states , there's a lot of money at state(wink)

Also, I have a feeling they don't count someone who's terminally ill and dies of covid(sigh)

(LOL)

If the cause of death is covid, then of course they'll count it.

If a terminally ill cancer patient dies in a car crash, it's counted as a car crash death, not a cancer death.

If the cause of death is covid, then of course they'll count it.

If a terminally ill cancer patient dies in a car crash, it's counted as a car crash death, not a cancer death.

It has a lot to do with how the death certificate is completed by the doctor. If someone dies of a heart attack due to heart involvement with Covid, for example, the doctor could label the cause of death to be either one.

No country has handled Covid without any mistakes. We've made our share, including our president.

But it's not just about Trump. Cuomo easily made the single biggest mistake when pushed sick people into nursing homes. That one mistake alone accounts for maybe 5% of the total US deaths.

Me thinks they don't "Inflate" the death numbers like we do

How do we "Inflate" the death numbers? If anything, they are underestimated.

Sin and disease was not invented by natural selection, it entered into the world when Adam sinned in the Garden.

I doubt God has anything to do with COVID 19.

It's gross mismanagement by the government.

I doubt God has anything to do with COVID 19.

It's gross mismanagement by the government.

Government? China? WHO? Politicians initially telling people the virus was not so bad and masks were not important? Local rules requiring COVID patients to be crammed into rest homes? Failing to shut down the China border before it was shut down? Politicians opposing the shut down of travel at our borders?

Democrats are all about assessing blame. They cannot allow that some things happen by accident or happen in a way that nobody could have prevented if they had tried. That is because democrats have become brainwashed into thinking like lawyers who ask themselves, "Who can I blame and who can I sue for big bucks in this crisis?"

Word on the street is that mass gatherings, like democrat protests, are the root cause of tens of thousands of COVID deaths, so stay away from democrat protests.

There were 1,015 COVID 19 deaths in America 2 days ago. That's over 185,000 deaths total.

UK had 8

France had 20

Germany had 1

Canada had 6

South Korea had 3

Coronavirus Update (Live): 25,229,932 Cases and 847,706 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

If the CDC and WHO and China had been on the dame page, maybe so. If hydroxychloroquine had been given adequate use under specific application, yes.

UK had 8

France had 20

Germany had 1

Canada had 6

South Korea had 3

Yes and if you sort the 215 countries by deaths per million population we are number 205 with 215 being the worst. Not exactly what Trump would have you believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do we "Inflate" the death numbers? If anything, they are underestimated.

The deaths are worth money(Follow the money)

Also, if you're terminally ill and get the virus?

UK had 8

France had 20

Germany had 1

Canada had 6

South Korea had 3

Hindsight is 20/20. Could the chinese have done better and saved 800k global lives? Sure. In hindsight you could have always done better.

The US is still lower in per capita deaths than Peru, Spain, Chile, UK, Italy, Sweden, Brazil. So we did save more lives.

UK had 8

France had 20

Germany had 1

Canada had 6

South Korea had 3

My answer is YES.

I am a Dutch National living in Thailand. When this all started everyone worried. The government closed the airports and the borders and put a fairly strict regime of regulations in place. The result? Today we have not had a local infection for 98 Days!!! Now it sucks that I have not been able to work for the last 8 months or so, but I am definitely in the risk group and I am still alive. So in this sense I am not complaining at all. I am very happy that the Thai government has decided to close the borders.

We all know (or maybe I should say 'expect') that the virus will come back also in Thailand like it did in both New Zealand and Vietnam. They too have spend about a 100 days Covid free. And when a while ago someone made a mistake and let a few military personnel from Egypt in the country without quarantine, many people were very angry and worried. He got tested positive on return, but we were lucky this time; no local infections. And yes, we were worried about 1 possible local case of infection. Just 1 case. And just in case someone checks worldometer, yes we had about 400 cases in Thailand in the last 100 days or so. Every single one of them was a Thai person returning from overseas and caught during Quarantine.

And to put this in context I will keep it simple; Are you actually asking if the US should have done better and save more lives?

The main argument often used is the economy. But even the Chinese, who care about money more than Americans believe it or not, have a much better handle on it than the US. But why do you think that is? Because that way it costs less and they make more money. So if The Trumpet really cared about the economy (And I do not mean the short-sighted BS he comes up with), he would/should have handled Covid-19 quicker and better than it has been dealt with until now.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually feel sorry for you guys over there, because it doesn't have to be anywhere near as bad as it has been and presently is. If it's any consolation at all, at least you are not alone doing bad in dealing with Covid-19.

Joey

Hindsight is 20/20. Could the chinese have done better and saved 800k global lives? Sure. In hindsight you could have always done better.

The US is still lower in per capita deaths than Peru, Spain, Chile, UK, Italy, Sweden, Brazil. So we did save more lives.

Sorry, but I do not think you saved more lives. '2 bads' do not make a 'good'. Take a note of my post above. and try to make a reference again if you wish. The bottom line is that you could and should have less deaths. And so should Peru, Spain Chili, UK, Sweden and Brazil. 1 Deaths is 1 too many. Unfortunately we're talking thousands though.

Joey

Government? China? WHO? Politicians initially telling people the virus was not so bad and masks were not important? Local rules requiring COVID patients to be crammed into rest homes? Failing to shut down the China border before it was shut down? Politicians opposing the shut down of travel at our borders?

Democrats are all about assessing blame. They cannot allow that some things happen by accident or happen in a way that nobody could have prevented if they had tried. That is because democrats have become brainwashed into thinking like lawyers who ask themselves, "Who can I blame and who can I sue for big bucks in this crisis?"

Word on the street is that mass gatherings, like democrat protests, are the root cause of tens of thousands of COVID deaths, so stay away from democrat protests.

I personally have to agree with DEM's that it was incompetence of government that caused most of the problems associated with society. I do not agree that making it bigger and more intrusive would improve our lives one bit.

No country has handled Covid without any mistakes. We've made our share, including our president.

But it's not just about Trump. Cuomo easily made the single biggest mistake when pushed sick people into nursing homes. That one mistake alone accounts for maybe 5% of the total US deaths.

Yes, Cuomo made mistakes too. But the single worst mistake was made by the donkey in the white house when, despite adequate warnings from several advisors, he decided that this pandemic was nothing to worry about, that it "would be gone like magic" when the weather got warm -instead of taking it seriously like other countries did, like New Zealand did, for example. The white house donkey bears the bulk of the blame for where we are today with this virus.

Yes, Cuomo made mistakes too. But the single worst mistake was made by the donkey in the white house when, despite adequate warnings from several advisors, he decided that this pandemic was nothing to worry about, that it "would be gone like magic" when the weather got warm -instead of taking it seriously like other countries did, like New Zealand did, for example. The white house donkey bears the bulk of the blame for where we are today with this virus.

I completely agree, but I would take it one step further. Since quite a few countries actually look up to America and see it as an example, you see quite often that new policy is copied and pasted into their own system. And surely some countries have done similar with regards to the measures against Covid-19. He can never be held accountable for this, but I think it is hard to deny that countries do implement American legislation. And if they have done so, they are of course responsible for this themselves, but the fact remains that some blame here lies also with The Trumpet. Or at least, there would have been fewer death in those countries if he had taken Covid-19 serious.

Joey

Sorry, but I do not think you saved more lives. '2 bads' do not make a 'good'. Take a note of my post above. and try to make a reference again if you wish. The bottom line is that you could and should have less deaths. And so should Peru, Spain Chili, UK, Sweden and Brazil. 1 Deaths is 1 too many. Unfortunately we're talking thousands though.

Joey

We do have less deaths.

The deaths are worth money(Follow the money)

Also, if you're terminally ill and get the virus?

How are the deaths worth more money?

Doctors do not lie about what caused their patients' deaths. If a terminally ill person gets coronavirus and then dies from their terminal illness, the terminal illness is the cause of death. If a terminally ill person gets COVID-19 and then dies from COVID-19, then COVID-19 is the cause of death.

This nonsense that no one really knows what caused the death is absurd. The doctors know and they report the deaths accurately. No one is inflating the numbers.

How are the deaths worth more money?

Doctors do not lie about what caused their patients' deaths. If a terminally ill person gets coronavirus and then dies from their terminal illness, the terminal illness is the cause of death. If a terminally ill person gets COVID-19 and then dies from COVID-19, then COVID-19 is the cause of death.

This nonsense that no one really knows what caused the death is absurd. The doctors know and they report the deaths accurately. No one is inflating the numbers.

According to one active duty nurse in NY, the hospital where she worked was mishandling patients in a way that almost guaranteed they would die, and quickly. Rumor had it the hospital got a large sum of money for every COVID patient it admitted, giving administrators incentive to keep the bodies moving.

Back
Top Bottom