• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1,000s Turkish forces surround NATO’s Incirlik air base for ‘inspection’ amid rumors

Re: 1,000s Turkish forces surround NATO’s Incirlik air base for ‘inspection’ amid rum

American army chief Joseph Dunford is due to visit that same base today.

Ergodan supporters surrounding the base chanting anti-US and anti-Israel slogans.

Over 90 nuclear war heads are stored on that base.

For God's sake, don't let any of our members here that are Marines read your post - he's the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and he's a Marine, not an Army General.

96806_story__General_Joseph%20Dunford%20(wiki).jpg

Re: 1,000s Turkish forces surround NATO’s Incirlik air base for ‘inspection’ amid rum

For God's sake, don't let any of our members here that are Marines read your post - he's the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and he's a Marine, not an Army General.

96806_story__General_Joseph%20Dunford%20(wiki).jpg

I've never heard of him. I just got his name from one of the tweets.

Anyway...it's looks like Erodogan was just doing a little housecleaning before the VIP visit.

Yeah, this may just be Putin playing Hide the Weenie. Still sort of strange that noting else is being reported - at all.

Turkey is already a disaster for the West, now it is just a matter of how bad does it get.

So the stupid turks are attacking us? Do they really wanna go there....

They must want us to come in there and sort em out..

We got out azzes kicked by the JV team, so why not Turkey?

I doubt it's another coup attempt. More like Erdogan flexing his muscles to gain leverage in negotiations with NATO. However, if he isn't careful, NATO member or not, if he cuts off the US Air Force and other US forces located there he'll get a US boot shoved up his rear. I can't imagine the US DoD just sitting on their hands with 7,000 troops surrounding our forces at Incirlik Air Base. This has the potential to go real bad, real fast.

I just hope Obama is up to this.

The USA won't do squat, other than negotiate a safe removal of our personnel & equipment.

Another coup attempt? Jesus Christ.

Turkey's going to Hell in a handbasket.

OMG, you sound like a CT. ;)

Why this is not all over US media is beyond me. I've seen it on a number of other sights, but none US based.
A friendly word to the wise ... never trust a story originated by the Moscow-owned RT/Sputnik 'news organizations'.

No, only a story that originates in the Pentagon. :roll:

Simpleχity;1066146647 said:
A friendly word to the wise ... never trust a story originated by the Moscow-owned RT/Sputnik 'news organizations'.

But do look at the Putin Propaganda Machine, you have to if one wants to stay abreast given how poorly the journalists do their jobs these days, especially in America.

Why this is not all over US media is beyond me. I've seen it on a number of other sights, but none US based.

There are numerous on-scene reports, pics, and video's all over the internet.

Turkey is turning into a place with little or no respect for democracy and human rights, where a wannabee dictator is trying to make himself into a real dictator.

And this is even worse, I would hope that the US government is going to go hard on this issue towards Erdogan and his stooges.

Turkey is turning into a place with little or no respect for democracy and human rights, where a wannabee dictator is trying to make himself into a real dictator.

And this is even worse, I would hope that the US government is going to go hard on this issue towards Erdogan and his stooges.

Ya but you know what, I am thinking that Putin did this, he drove the failed attempt....... he organized it and then leaked word of it a day before it was supposed to happen, thus making sure it did not work. Putin has been VERY good at these types of games, and he benefited from this particular game far more than anyone else did. Hammering the fool Erdogan plays right into Putins benefit, it will further drive Turkey into his arms.

Last edited:

Pete, you and I tend to disagree at times, but on this we are in full agreement. Erdogan is a threat to peace and human rights in Turkey. I fear for the people that live there. The US must take a strong stand, NATO membership or not.

They cannot do much. A little thing called Geopolitics.

Pete, you and I tend to disagree at times, but on this we are in full agreement. Erdogan is a threat to peace and human rights in Turkey. I fear for the people that live there. The US must take a strong stand, NATO membership or not.

I agree as well, but I feel like that's not gonna happen.

Who lost Turkey to China/Russia!

I demand some mother****ing answers!

Because back 30 years ago we were pretty much sure this was a lock.....we had them!

I agree as well, but I feel like that's not gonna happen.

Sadly, you're correct, before Inauguration Day of next year nothing will happen from the US. I truly believe that Hillary would have taken a strong stand once the purge began, if not a long time ago when Erdogan began cracking down on the press and restricting peoples rights within Turkey. I have no idea what Trump would do.

So the stupid turks are attacking us? Do they really wanna go there....

They must want us to come in there and sort em out..

They should be afraid of Obama?

They should be afraid of Obama?

:( shameful

They will cower before Trump..

Come on guys! (And gals)

Erdogan is sending a message to the US. The message is leave Turkey.
Erdogan appears not to favor the west as much as he does other ideologies and religions.

I don't know if strong and American belong in the same sentence anymore.

We have nukes stored there.

Several gravity B61's or something or other are in secure bunkers unless they got hustled out of there, which is the prudent thing to do.

We have nukes stored there. ��

Several gravity B61's or something or other are in secure bunkers unless they got hustled out of there, which is the prudent thing to do.

You cant do it without the Turks knowing, and once they do :hitsfan:

Maybe after January of 2017.

Ah yes

Madam Pres

See how it rolls off the tongue

Back
Top Bottom