• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

🇫🇷 French 🇫🇷 Presidential Election: TV debate live thread (Macron vs. Le Pen) - 20 April, 9pm.

OH NO MACRON NOOOO WHY WOULD YOU TALK ABOUT CUTTING RETIREMENT 😭

Zelensky, the diplomat continues to criticize Macron while getting himself involved in French politics, hinting that he will be able to look past Marine Le Pen's flaws:

The president of Ukraine calls on Macron to choose between “business and money” or “the fight for freedom”. If Marine Le Pen "understands that she was wrong", Ukraine's position could change, underlines Volodymyr Zelensky

This man wants to deal with her:

0.jpg

Full interview in French:

Idealism = 100 %
Diplomacy / Realism = 0 %.

Last edited:
Oh god oh **** here she goes.

"I'm going to be very careful with my words"
:oops:
"We are seeing barbaric behavior all over our country"
"Mass immigration is a problem we must resolve"
"we need to deport immigrant felons and criminals (talking about even legal immigrants)"

Oh god oh **** here she goes.

"I'm going to be very careful with my words"
:oops:
"We are seeing barbaric behavior all over our country"
"Mass immigration is a problem we must resolve"
"we need to deport immigrant felons and criminals (talking about even legal immigrants)"
It just comes out like vomit

I cant tell who's winning because I dont speak French, nor do I bother to look at the twitter "analysis"

I cant tell who's winning because I dont speak French, nor do I bother to look at the twitter "analysis"
In my opinion Macron came off as not really caring about the economic struggles of the average person in the first half that was economics focused. Talking about lowering taxes and cutting social spending really didn't help.

But now that it is onto foreign policy and now immigration Le Pen comes off as a bit of a lunatic. Hard to say how my perspective on it transfers to the average French person watching. Supposedly the most undecided group is the far left wing.

Does Le Pen even know what the president of France does?
Maybe it’s the same for right wing reactionaries in France as it is in the United States.

Play to no nothings, make promises you have no power to deliver on, and hug the flag.

Welp...Le Pen managed to avoid a repeat of the debacle in 2017, but Macron still came out on top. She needed to throw some big punches which never materialized.

Macron won the debate by a 20-point margin: 59-39 - according to a BVA poll of voters.

Looks like Macron is Newsom-ing her more and more.

Like CA Governor Newsom last year, Macron was tied with her just like Newsom was struggling in the recall, but then won by 22.

A 60-40 result also looks likely in France now.
0727debatableillo-superJumbo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom