• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“What do y’all call a pregnant slave? … BOGO Buy one, get one free,”

The unidentified cop allegedly texted, “What do y’all call a pregnant slave? … BOGO Buy one, get one free,” the report said.

Uh, do I have to point out to this cop that he left out a letter in his acronym? Is he that stupid? Or is this an old acronym that some other dumbass started?

The unidentified cop allegedly texted, “What do y’all call a pregnant slave? … BOGO Buy one, get one free,” the report said.

Uh, do I have to point out to this cop that he left out a letter in his acronym? Is he that stupid? Or is this an old acronym that some other dumbass started?
Good riddance to that racist dumbass.

And, FWIW, when I lived in the South it was common for grocery store chains to advertise BOGO sales with no F. So, that's probably where he got it from.

And, FWIW, when I lived in the South it was common for grocery store chains to advertise BOGO sales with no F. So, that's probably where he got it from.
Wow. Now that you say that I remember that too. Buy one get one.

I agree, good riddance to the racist. I'm grateful of never having to live in the south, but where I am it is common to use BOGO, there is never an F used and (almost) everyone knows what it means.

While examples of overt racism among police officers is eye-catching and easy to condemn, I'm more worried about the common, everyday more subtle forms of racism among police officers and our justice system in general. That's a much harder issue and much, much more damaging.

My brother was an officer. There's a lot more racism than you think, and it's not just in the South. I heard really disturbing stories coming from L.A. officers mouths. They live up and out of the city, and refer to the downtown as "n....ville. They often would say going to work, lets go down and get us some n....s tonight.

That was twenty years ago, and I hear they're cleaning house of that but, yeah, if you're an officer, or are close to one you know it's true, there's racism in the force.

In AZ, a few officers I know would call anyone black hanging out "riff raff." It's like a code word for brown. "Oh, there's riff raff hanging out at the McDonald's, I should go check it out, etc.
They're also surprisingly weirdly extremely religious, and pray with wives on the way to calls, etc.

Don't get me started on the judges......that's a crap shoot.

But, BLM has made some definite headway, and it's way less tolerated today, then it was. Doesn't mean it not under the surface, but it's not as blatant.
That's the beauty of waking up America with knowledge, and making them pay attention. At least other officers don't have to tolerate the racists as much.

There's still sexism to deal with there as well. It's pretty much been an all white boys club for decades.

We need a larger variety of officers, I understand why they lack diversity, they're seen as the enemy a lot of times, but we really need to change that in order for our force to represent our neighborhoods and understand the cultures, and attitudes of the people they serve. That would help a lot. We all pay taxes, we should all be well served by the force.

Back
Top Bottom