• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“Trump has Soiled America”

Fear not, Hillary will win in 2020.

One of the better year end columns I’ve seen on the bumpkin in the White House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...58c33d6c8c7_story.html?utm_term=.e22ce4f98c19

One error:

There’s not a parent out there who wants his or her child to be like Trump.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid. There are a lot of parents out there who want their kids to be just like Trump.
Trump isn't even the problem. He's a symptom.

PS: I would have appreciated it if the author had paid some respect to FDR, to whom Eisenhower himself admitted some small indebtedness and inspiration. Eisenhower helped spur the creation of the Interstate Highway System as, in his own words, a tribute to the spirit of public goods and services that Roosevelt believed in.

Last edited:
You're gonna need some fresh material, buddy. That comeback is awful stale.

I just wish to remind folks how Trump managed to get elected POTUS in 2016. He got more of the lesser of two evils vote - folks have been constantly reminded by the MSM and sage opinion writers that Trump is, in fact, the greater (perhaps even the greatest evil) evil so she should certainly win the next time.

You're gonna need some fresh material, buddy. That comeback is awful stale.

Since Trump's first two years in office have been such a disaster, their only saving grace is their favorite Republican foe, Hillary Clinton. I mean they literally have nothing else at this point.

"Trump’s one certain achievement will be to leave his successor an America that will become greater just by his leaving office."

Yes.

"The car slowed. I thought I heard a wail from the upper floor: President Trump going mad.
Or maybe I am. I would not be surprised."

The author would not be surprised if he has gone mad. That should be considered when reading the editorial. This is not to say that the article does not have some valid points.

The FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! have failed America.

Trump is at worst an opportunistic disease.

Notice how America fails to understand.

WE USED TO BE BETTER

Well any term derived from ."intelligent" would not be appropriate for your orange deity.

I voted for neither last time and would do so again.

If you didn't vote for Trump you must be a communist. After all, "independant" just means "hiding democrat." I read it here from a Trump supporter, so I know it's true.

Well any term derived from ."intelligent" would not be appropriate for your orange deity.
You have completely failed to pay attention to me!

I have the SADS now!

If you didn't vote for Trump you must be a communist. After all, "independant" just means "hiding democrat." I read it here from a Trump supporter, so I know it's true.

Worse - I voted for Gary Johnson. ;)

Fear not, Hillary will win in 2020.

The, not so, funny thing is; IF we would have had a do over for president this past November … Hillary would have won.

The, not so, funny thing is; IF we would have had a do over for president this past November … Hillary would have won.

According to the OP things will only get worse for Trump so Hillary should win by a landslide in 2020.

I just wish to remind folks how Trump managed to get elected POTUS in 2016. He got more of the lesser of two evils vote - folks have been constantly reminded by the MSM and sage opinion writers that Trump is, in fact, the greater (perhaps even the greatest evil) evil so she should certainly win the next time.

I disagree.

Trump understood the worry and dissatisfaction of the working middle class seeing jobs shipped off shore, technology stolen causing layoffs and more factory closings, yet the big boys just kept doing their thing and no one gave a dam. Our leaders were content to turn the USA into a keyboard country in a land of hammer swingers.

Bill Clinton was all about trade deals he thougth would work, Bush was war and multi nationalism, Obama was demographic change and world government. These three geniuses and their party chums in power paid lip service to the middle class while the central USA collapsed and big "machine vote" cities turned into smoking holes of poverty. "Unfunded liabilities" they call it. Sounds pretty harmless.

Trump came along and started breaking the $1000 plates, and firing the multimillion dollar think tanks that think of more creative ways to lie to you.
He does not GAF about the elite meritocracy that feels governance is their job and the sole reason they are here on this Earth. Trump knows that the USA is only as strong as it's economy, and he is the first president to pay more than lip service to standing up to China that was an economic threat, but is not a military threat as well as a regional threat. The meritocracy doesn't have a clue what they are doing. They are the children of the same dick heads that didn't see Pearl Harbor coming in 1941, and they don't see economic malaise permanently settling into the USA, sucking the life out of the middle class.

Bush and Obama combined added 15Trillion to the debt, and you guys are bitching about Trump adding 1.5. It says more about you than Trump. We have no clear idea what the last two idiots spent the money on, but we do know Trump is spending it on trying to make US industry stronger and more competitive with China. Why? Because we have to. There is no more road to kick the can down. The side benefit is getting more people off the dole and on the payroll. It's a win regardless of how you cut it. Change a debit to a credit should be non partisan. But at the end of the day it is a "side benefit". The major benefit of a strong economy is to be able to afford to defend our way of life.

BTW, It might be comforting to know that Trump couldn't care less about having a library built for him. A battleship? Yeah! An aircraft carrier? Hell, yeah!

Last edited:
According to the OP things will only get worse for Trump so Hillary should win by a landslide in 2020.

She's a retired Grandmother, she had her chance … she blew it (yes, IMHO, she ran a lousy campaign); time for someone else to thump trump. And I believe they will.

Back
Top Bottom