• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“The dominoes are falling, and you can’t stop them"

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trump won Connecticut by 29, Delaware by 40, Maryland by 31, Pennsylvania by 35, Rhode Island by 39. I think the voters are trying to tell us something.

A top Republican insider laments that even with conservative calculations, he now projects Trump will cross the magic number of 1,237 delegates to win on the first ballot at the Cleveland convention: “The dominoes are falling, and you can’t stop them. ... Kasich staying in the race was an in-kind contribution to Trump. It blocked Cruz from ever getting his one-on-one shot.”

Playbook - POLITICO

Cruz came in third in four of the five contests last night. It would be more fair to say Kasich didn't get his chance for a one on one. :mrgreen:

Trump won Connecticut by 29, Delaware by 40, Maryland by 31, Pennsylvania by 35, Rhode Island by 39. I think the voters are trying to tell us something.

A top Republican insider laments that even with conservative calculations, he now projects Trump will cross the magic number of 1,237 delegates to win on the first ballot at the Cleveland convention: “The dominoes are falling, and you can’t stop them. ... Kasich staying in the race was an in-kind contribution to Trump. It blocked Cruz from ever getting his one-on-one shot.”

Playbook - POLITICO

The American People will stop them in the General and there is not a thing the Donald or you can do about that. Enjoy

The American People will stop them in the General and there is not a thing the Donald or you can do about that. Enjoy

OR they'll elect him to the position. You have the same power to stop that as everyone else - one vote. To be noted: your powers of prediction thus far have been inoperable.

Playbook - POLITICO

The voters have been trying to tell us something---that, frankly, large numbers of people in America are idiots

OR they'll elect him to the position. You have the same power to stop that as everyone else - one vote. To be noted: your powers of prediction thus far have been inoperable.

One vote is not how Presidents are elected, heck Dubya lost the popular vote and won, where your states leans is how it is done and I am in a Red state meaning the GOP will get their Electoral College votes and you are in a Blue state, guess where yours is going, yeup, Hillary. Why do I know that bothers you far more than it does me?

Playbook - POLITICO
I'm willing to go on record here as the contrarian, and state that I (still) do not believe Trump will walk into the Cleveland hall holding 1237 voter determined committed delegates.

But I do think he might pull enough uncommitted delegates to secure the nomination on the 1st round. I'm now thinking it may even be likely.

The voters have been trying to tell us something---that, frankly, large numbers of people in America are idiots

No, the message they are trying to get across is that they are not the ones who are the idiots. That you have it reversed there.

One vote is not how Presidents are elected, heck Dubya lost the popular vote and won, where your states leans is how it is done and I am in a Red state meaning the GOP will get their Electoral College votes and you are in a Blue state, guess where yours is going, yeup, Hillary. Why do I know that bothers you far more than it does me?

And how are electoral delegates assigned? EVERY state in the union has been red at one time and blue at one time. They're all purple truth be told.

No, the message they are trying to get across is that they are not the ones who are the idiots. That you have it reversed there.

Uh huh. You have a greatly inflated opinion of the intelligence of the average voter than I do then.

Except, it is *possible* that The Donald expands the map due to his crossover appeal.

Pls note I stated 'possible', rather than 'probable'. But who knows?

I'm willing to go on record here as the contrarian, and state that I (still) do not believe Trump will walk into the Cleveland hall holding 1237 voter determined committed delegates.

But I do think he might pull enough uncommitted delegates to secure the nomination on the 1st round. I'm now thinking it may even be likely.

Last night CNN reported that they talked with the PA unbound delegates and that at least half of them (27) committed to vote for Trump on the first ballot. The other half were still deciding, but it was thought that most of them would do the same.

Uh huh. You have a greatly inflated opinion of the intelligence of the average voter than I do then.

:lamo Of course I do. I'm one of them. What do you think so poorly of yourself?

Last night CNN reported that they talked with the PA unbound delegates and that at least half of them (27) committed to vote for Trump on the first ballot. The other half were still deciding, but it was thought that most of them would do the same.
Yes, that's an example of what I'm positing:

I believe the most likely scenario now is he falls a bit short in the voter determined committed delegates, but the uncommitted and free delegates lift him over on the first ballot.

If somebody gave me decent enough odds, I'd consider tossing a few bucks at this scenario!

I think this is now his worst-case scenario. The wild-card is that he may catch fire, riding momentum into busting-out and getting 1237 committed outright.

But unless something untoward occurs in Indiana, I think it's becoming safe to say we're looking at the GOP Presidential nominee here. In pretty much any other primary, the other candidates would've conceded & dropped by now.

Playbook - POLITICO

Cruz had no shot even if it had been one-on-one two months ago. They guy simply comes across as a sleezy, unlikable, totally unwholesome, pompous, slime-ball. And that is only looking at his good points.

And how are electoral delegates assigned? EVERY state in the union has been red at one time and blue at one time. They're all purple truth be told.

At the county level.

Except, it is *possible* that The Donald expands the map due to his crossover appeal.

Pls note I stated 'possible', rather than 'probable'. But who knows?

Well, if all the people I work with and know personally are any indicator, at least in my area of North Texas, then there is little to no cross-over appeal. But I could understand it since he is actually a Democrat he is just wearing a Republican skin because, my guess, he believes here are more rubes among the GOP and besides Hillary was going to get the nomination regardless.

We'll see, people have been predicting doom and gloom for Trump since day one and he's proven every single one of them wrong.

Yeah, any of them are even remotely considering the Democrats.

We'll see, people have been predicting doom and gloom for Trump since day one and he's proven every single one of them wrong.

Actually many people saw this mess in the primaries a while back, the doom and gloom comes into to play in the General. The Donald has ruined any chance of the GOP winning the Whitehouse, wonder if he will go back to being a Democrat after he loses the General? Now that would be funny. :lamo

Well, if all the people I work with and know personally are any indicator, at least in my area of North Texas, then there is little to no cross-over appeal. But I could understand it since he is actually a Democrat he is just wearing a Republican skin because, my guess, he believes here are more rubes among the GOP and besides Hillary was going to get the nomination regardless.
Uh, Texas is solidly in the GOP map; it's the purple and light blue states where expansion takes place!

I'm not sure what you're getting at here?

Actually many people saw this mess in the primaries a while back, the doom and gloom comes into to play in the General. The Donald has ruined any chance of the GOP winning the Whitehouse, wonder if he will go back to being a Democrat after he loses the General? Now that would be funny. :lamo

We'll all laugh when you're wrong.

They did that twice when electing Obama.

Back
Top Bottom