• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

“I was unlucky with the virus”

I swear someone in the military bought a lot of pink paint by mistake and they had to get rid of it so they said "why not paint the hospitals pink?".

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

:lamo

Cheap phone camera...in reality the main tower at Long Beach VA (shown) is a sort of icky beige/banana cream looking color.
It's strange that it shows up pink, and yet my wife's skin tone is fairly accurate.
I dunno, could be that the back end processing in the camera was aiming for good skin tones?
Most of the rest of the place is either institutional white or gray, black and polished steel.
That main tower has been there since the Fifties.

Up until about eight months ago, if you went around back of this monstrously huge campus you could see a bunch of REALLY old buildings that predated the VA because back around WW2 this property was still a Navy base, and the old barracks almost made one feel they had traveled back in time, but that is only interesting to folks who are fascinated with old military stuff.
Most of the really old buildings had stood empty since the late Eighties/early Nineties.

Wow, pink paint in the military...anything is possible.
It is entirely possible that the military WOULD use pink for something, but the question is....WHAT?

Back to the main subject (sort of)...
The Long Beach VA had set up a gigantic portable field hospital in one of the main parking lots about three or four months ago for COVID patients. It has been sitting relatively UNUSED because they have done such a fantastic job keeping the virus at bay in their patient population. I found it hard to believe but the truth is as plain as the nose on my face.
The screening is very very rigorous, and the sad part is, if you wind up being admitted inpatient, NO ONE is allowed to come see you anymore due to the virus. They can't even receive outside food, or even gifts! The VA campus is a total BUBBLE, you must get tested if you go there for anything and wait for results before proceeding to your appointments.

For as much badmouthing as the VA routinely gets, the truth is, people should be damn impressed with their performance overall, even despite usual bureaucratic screwups here and there.

The empty "COVID M.A.S.H. unit" in the parking lot is yet one more proof of that, and despite Trump's attempts to privatize and even abolish the system altogether, it is doing a bangup job.

dbd655b14fcf99c6ba04f8dffd0f5b57.jpg

:lamo

Cheap phone camera...in reality the main tower at Long Beach VA (shown) is a sort of icky beige/banana cream looking color.
It's strange that it shows up pink, and yet my wife's skin tone is fairly accurate.
I dunno, could be that the back end processing in the camera was aiming for good skin tones?
Most of the rest of the place is either institutional white or gray, black and polished steel.
That main tower has been there since the Fifties.

Up until about eight months ago, if you went around back of this monstrously huge campus you could see a bunch of REALLY old buildings that predated the VA because back around WW2 this property was still a Navy base, and the old barracks almost made one feel they had traveled back in time, but that is only interesting to folks who are fascinated with old military stuff.
Most of the really old buildings had stood empty since the late Eighties/early Nineties.

Wow, pink paint in the military...anything is possible.
It is entirely possible that the military WOULD use pink for something, but the question is....WHAT?

Back to the main subject (sort of)...
The Long Beach VA had set up a gigantic portable field hospital in one of the main parking lots about three or four months ago for COVID patients. It has been sitting relatively UNUSED because they have done such a fantastic job keeping the virus at bay in their patient population. I found it hard to believe but the truth is as plain as the nose on my face.
The screening is very very rigorous, and the sad part is, if you wind up being admitted inpatient, NO ONE is allowed to come see you anymore due to the virus. They can't even receive outside food, or even gifts! The VA campus is a total BUBBLE, you must get tested if you go there for anything and wait for results before proceeding to your appointments.

For as much badmouthing as the VA routinely gets, the truth is, people should be damn impressed with their performance overall, even despite usual bureaucratic screwups here and there.

The empty "COVID M.A.S.H. unit" in the parking lot is yet one more proof of that, and despite Trump's attempts to privatize and even abolish the system altogether, it is doing a bangup job.

dbd655b14fcf99c6ba04f8dffd0f5b57.jpg
Ever see a picture of Tripler in Hawaii?

Google Image Result

Absolutely the color of that hospital/medical complex.

Swaggering around with rifles in a public place where contentious issues are being decided is deliberate intimidation.

Intimidation is a form of violence.

Some have described it as "menacing" but for the record, if it's a small town out in the middle of nowhere, it seldom surprises or upsets me. Out in the boonies or wilderness-adjacent parts of the country it can be argued that open carry is mostly utilitarian.
It's when you see a Kroger or a Borders bookstore in the middle of the suburbs festooned with open carry morons that it looks and maybe feels menacing.

But that's just me, I often argue that open carry is for out in the country and concealed carry is for "in-town" if you're that determined to exercise 2A in the outside world. That's an even more liberal approach than many places in the time of the Old West, where a good many sheriffs said that guns had to be checked at the sheriff's office and picked up when leaving town.

I tried to conceal carry in town in the last couple of months because of the increase in unhinged anti-mask covidiot meltdowns that devolved into violence, but it was too stressful for me, I am clearly not cut out to be either an open carry or concealed carry person in regular ordinary day to day life.
So I just decided that I am pretty much stuck at home until things get a little better.
Gas, groceries and VA visits with the wife is about the extent of my travel these days.
And anyway, it does look like the unhinged covidiot meltdowns have subsided here in LA in the last few weeks, so it will soon cease to be an issue...I hope I hope I hope.

The election is what worries me, not on a personal level, I am dropping my ballot in the box at the polling place. But it worries me because I expect to see a lot of accounts of sporadic random violence this time around.
Trump is tacitly signaling a desire to see third world banana republic style voter intimidation, and the picture will probably look a lot like the idiots that showed up looking for "Antifa setting wildfires" or Antifa invading suburbs.

THAT IS MENACING, and it's intentional.

militia checkpoints 3000.jpg

Last edited:
So since they weren't violent or destructive there is no valid reason for your outrage.
Especially since you don't show any outrage about the actual violence by those committing it ... is that because they ain't Trump voters?

Did I give an opinion or was asked about any violence ?

What gives you the idea I am outraged?

Do not project your feelings onto me.

I post facts not outrage.

And I do care about what party or person anyone in the United States votes for.

If they are egible to vote I am glad they cast a vote in our elections.

Last edited:
So since they weren't violent or destructive there is no valid reason for your outrage.
Especially since you don't show any outrage about the actual violence by those committing it ... is that because they ain't Trump voters?

Please refresh us on all your outraged posts at cops murdering unarmed black folks.

Many give the appearance of being outraged over the number of dead. I don't believe them when in effect they keep blaming and scapegoating a president they can't stand for the deaths.

Cockroaches.

who is president? Who is in charge of the CDC? Who is in charge of HHS? Who failed us? They did...and it is all Trump and his administration. So, yes, it is his to own..and yes, I blame him...I remember when his followers were claiming that this was like a cold and not as bad or deadly as the flu...here we are 198,000 deaths as of right now...yeah, some flu we have there...bad enough that it killed more than 4 years worth of flu does.

They're protesters until they become violent or destructive. Were they?

They were armed protesters .

Did I give an opinion or was asked about any violence ?

What gives you the idea I am outraged?

Do not project your feelings onto me.

I post facts not outrage.

And I do care about what party or person anyone in the United States votes for.

If they are egible to vote I am glad they cast a vote in our elections.

Yeah you did.
You should give some kind of indication that you're changing the subject.

Please refresh us on all your outraged posts at cops murdering unarmed black folks.

Why should I do that?
But why your focus only on unarmed black folks?

Yeah you did.
You should give some kind of indication that you're changing the subject.

Do I need to excuse myself for not falling for baited questions? I post facts.

I saw the thread title in the what is new Sub forum.

and wanted post that Michigan and states hit early during the pandemic were the ones who were unlucky with the virus.

My first post on this thread:

If anyone was unlucky with the Covid 19 Virus it was Michigan and the Northrast states who were hardest hit early on without enough tests and PPE equipment for our front line workers

Maybe if you lived the tri county area of Michigan during March and April of 2020 when Hospitalizations were in the area were filled with Covid patients and the hospital morgues were filled and 2 of counties were looking at ice rinks as a possible place to temporarily store more Covid 19 bodies.

Maybe then you would understand why I am upset and overwhelmed and sickened that so many have died. It’s not just an appearance of being concerned by the numbers of dead.

It’s real and it hurts.

Last edited:
Why should I do that?
But why your focus only on unarmed black folks?

Why do you say it is? My focus is on many things. I have posted several times that violence during the protests is criminal, wrong, and counterproductive.

Have you posted, ever, that the cops were wrong to suffocate George Floyd? Maybe you did, I don't know. I don't keep track of your posts. But it's pretty silly to think that people on the left have no problem with trashing some hard working self-employed person's business, or torch a cop car.

Making our political opponents into extremists just short-circuits any possibility of dialogue.

How is threatening to kill the governor not violent? It didn't happen mainly because those making the threats either couldn't get to her or were already being investigated.

Michigan Closes Down Capitol in Face of Death Threats From Armed Protesters Against Gov. Whitmer

Why do you say it is? My focus is on many things. I have posted several times that violence during the protests is criminal, wrong, and counterproductive.
I say that because you singled out the killing of blacks to the exclusion of all others.
Have you posted, ever, that the cops were wrong to suffocate George Floyd? Maybe you did, I don't know. I don't keep track of your posts. But it's pretty silly to think that people on the left have no problem with trashing some hard working self-employed person's business, or torch a cop car.

Making our political opponents into extremists just short-circuits any possibility of dialogue.
It's not silly to think it when the left takes 3 months to say anything about it.
You think those rioters who did trash "some hard working self-employed person's business, or torch a cop car." were Trump voters? Do you really?

Itś amazing how the leftist Americans can pull the strings on the world organizations like that. Just amazing. Sort of like they did with COVID. It's like magic! :blink:

You’d be surprised what diabolical things can get done by the left when good people do nothing to stop it.

Sent from my iPhone XX Turbo using Tapacrap

Too bad he considers all of our institutions and 200k Americans to be corrupt leftist organizations. Thank god there’s an election coming up.

You obviously have no idea what he cares about. Otherwise, you would be voting for him.

Sent from my iPhone XX Turbo using Tapacrap

Back
Top Bottom