• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“Florida Boy”

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A true Florida Man (the highest grade) would have shot himself through a frying pan helmet (carburetor reinforced) via a pulley and rope system.

Now if you gotta ask how one reinforces a frying pan with a carburetor, you're not from Florida.

My bet is they're thinking "What's the big deal?"

Darwin award

They might think they were actually being honored. I'm not so sure they think they did anything wrong and don't understand what all the hubbub is about. A "We wuz jus' playin' aroun' " thing. "What'd we do?"

I don't understand how anyone could be this stupid.
Even if I had a handgun and bulletproof jackets the way I'd test them is by putting them on the floor with something inside to see how well the vest protects against bullets.

The thing I would absolutely not do is wear them and shoot at each other but maybe I'm a lot smarter than I think I am?
For starters, I'd worry that I may miss the vest and shoot my friend in the face which is likely not going to end well as I'm not friends with invincible superheroes.

Boys can be idiots.
We used to shoot at each other with either BB guns or pellet guns.
Real bright, eh?
When I was little, Mattel made a Winchester rifle that fired little plastic bullets. A kid in the neighborhood had a “potato gun.” It fired a plug of potato and would raise a welt if it hit you on bare skin. Kids were fed breakfast and not expected to be seen again before dinner…..

When I was little, Mattel made a Winchester rifle that fired little plastic bullets. A kid in the neighborhood had a “potato gun.” It fired a plug of potato and would raise a welt if it hit you on bare skin. Kids were fed breakfast and not expected to be seen again before dinner…..
Now if you show one of those guns, there better not be a cop around.
They're sort of jittery right now with so many guns in the hands of dumb thugs.

I’ve reached a stage in life where I wonder what my parents and grandparents thought about the world as they approached the tape.

Even if I had a handgun and bulletproof jackets the way I'd test them is by putting them on the floor with something inside to see how well the vest protects against bullets.

The thing I would absolutely not do is wear them and shoot at each other but maybe I'm a lot smarter than I think I am?
For starters, I'd worry that I may miss the vest and shoot my friend in the face which is likely not going to end well as I'm not friends with invincible superheroes.

You obviously weren’t raised in Foriduh. ;)

I'm fairly certain that none of the folks involved in this can count on getting a Nobel Prize Nomination. ;)

The Darwin Awards are calling...

Boys can be idiots.
We used to shoot at each other with either BB guns or pellet guns.
Real bright, eh?

But did you put on a pair of plastic sunglasses and shoot at the eyes?

I remember the pellet and bb gun days, lol. And then there were firecrackers and bottle rocket wars, lol.

"Incoming!" lol

Yup, boys can be dumb.

Most states allow open carry and a number with no permit required. Then there's that kid that carried a loaded assault style rifle in plain sight of cops during a riot and wasn't even stopped.

Most states allow open carry and a number with no permit required. Then there's that kid that carried a loaded assault style rifle in plain sight of cops during a riot and wasn't even stopped.
Right, he wasn't stopped. Along with not stopping the scum involved in burning, looting, and assaulting cops. Who was supposed to stop the thugs burning down cities? Batman?

But did you put on a pair of plastic sunglasses and shoot at the eyes?
No, that would be stupid. Below the waste was effective enough.
We didn't want to kill our friends. Just let them know who was the best shot.
Aren't teenagers bright?

Back
Top Bottom