• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“Donald Trump avoids question when asked whether he was involved.....................

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-personal-abortion-question-article-1.2586457
“Donald Trump avoids question when asked whether he was involved with anyone who had an abortion

“Donald Trump isn’t answering any more abortion questions.
The GOP presidential front-runner, asked if he was ever involved with a woman who had an abortion during his swinging single days, dodged the query………….”

It would seem the Daily News is ferreting out some possible “skeletons in the closet” of Donald with the long fingers…………..

After the “punish women” the press smells blood…….and we all know what that means………..

“They are not being fair with me”……………..

Re: “Donald Trump avoids question when asked whether he was involved.................

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-personal-abortion-question-article-1.2586457
“Donald Trump avoids question when asked whether he was involved with anyone who had an abortion

“Donald Trump isn’t answering any more abortion questions.
The GOP presidential front-runner, asked if he was ever involved with a woman who had an abortion during his swinging single days, dodged the query………….”

It would seem the Daily News is ferreting out some possible “skeletons in the closet” of Donald with the long fingers…………..

After the “punish women” the press smells blood…….and we all know what that means………..

“They are not being fair with me”……………..

Abortion as a whole is a silly thing for the public to get so riled up about, but then I guess the reason for that is that it is such a personal situation.

I know die hard liberal feminists who are totally pro-choice- for other people, but when it comes time to make that choice themselves, they end up not getting the abortion.

I also know of catholic nuns who have had abortions in order to "cover up her sins."

So it is within the realm of possibilities that a young Donald Trump a budding businessman playboy, had indeed had been involved sexually with someone that had an abortion. It takes a lot for a politician to actually admit that he had made a mistake that week, but most coy politicians would never actually admit that he had made the mistake. That's the difference between Trump and politicians and that's why he is not ready to be in politics. I think the most hard-right republicans out there were appalled by Trump's barbaric twisting of what he and his marketing team has translated into some type of right-wing stance on abortion. It's something Hillary Clinton might say the right believes... Trump was not telling the truth, he was taking a page directly out of the Clinton Playbook in order to make Republicans look bad.

The only thing is I can't believe I am not hearing the same backlash from the Republicans I heard over the Todd Akin comments. When he said, “If it’s legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down." What Trump said was I think at least 10X worse! Republicans everywhere denounced him and basically threw him under the bus. No such treatment for Trump.

Re: “Donald Trump avoids question when asked whether he was involved.................

Loons like liberals are going into a competition of who can go further into the gutter, them or Trump.

Seriously, they are now going to try and drag some woman's personal life into the spotlight just to get at Trump. That's disgusting.

It's also ironic as the woman in question will have only done what they vociferously defend. Anyone involved in this are no better than Planned Parenthood protesters they claim to hate.

Abortion as a whole is a silly thing for the public to get so riled up about, but then I guess the reason for that is that it is such a personal situation.

I know die hard liberal feminists who are totally pro-choice- for other people, but when it comes time to make that choice themselves, they end up not getting the abortion.

I also know of catholic nuns who have had abortions in order to "cover up her sins."

So it is within the realm of possibilities that a young Donald Trump a budding businessman playboy, had indeed had been involved sexually with someone that had an abortion. It takes a lot for a politician to actually admit that he had made a mistake that week, but most coy politicians would never actually admit that he had made the mistake. That's the difference between Trump and politicians and that's why he is not ready to be in politics. I think the most hard-right republicans out there were appalled by Trump's barbaric twisting of what he and his marketing team has translated into some type of right-wing stance on abortion. It's something Hillary Clinton might say the right believes... Trump was not telling the truth, he was taking a page directly out of the Clinton Playbook in order to make Republicans look bad.

The only thing is I can't believe I am not hearing the same backlash from the Republicans I heard over the Todd Akin comments. When he said, “If it’s legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down." What Trump said was I think at least 10X worse! Republicans everywhere denounced him and basically threw him under the bus. No such treatment for Trump.

Well you know what they say.................

When the opposition is screwing up................

Stand back and give him center stage.............

Nothing I poste here has one wit to do with abortion..................but has all to do with the Donald joining a long list of GOP hypocrites.............

One could say .......Donald Has brought this all down on himself ..............It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy too...........

What exactly did he say that was 10x worse?

Are we back to that quote about a woman should be punished?

I'm Pro-Choice. But I also recognize that there are opponents who think abortion is murder. That group would agree with him completely.

In my case it is more defined. I think that the right to choose is absolute during the First Trimester. This extends partially into the Second Trimester, at least until it is clear that the fetus has developed a brain and central nervous system. After that, the only abortions should occur if the life of the mother is endangered, and even then efforts to save the unborn should be tried. So, how is punishing someone who tries to kill an unborn child in the Third Trimester absent that life-threatening exception a completely unreasonable proposition?

Do we not punish mothers who intentionally kill their children after they are born?

Now I appreciate your choice. That's no problem. But in each situation it depends on how one views what was said. With a knee-jerk reaction? Or otherwise.

Or is it something ELSE he's said since that I am not currently aware of?

What exactly did he say that was 10x worse?

Are we back to that quote about a woman should be punished?

Or is it something ELSE he's said since that I am not currently aware of?

It's the fact that he said it and got caught in matthews' trap. It makes him look like A) an unprepared idiot, and B) someone who was intentionally trying to say Republicans believe women should be punished for having abortions. Yes that's not exactly what was said, but it's how this is being perceived, especially considering the choice on MSNBC.

I'd much rather choose A and hope it's not B but something tells me it's B.

EDIT: Upon further thinking, it makes him look like both at the same time to certain people.

It's the fact that he said it and got caught in matthews' trap. It makes him look like A) an unprepared idiot, or B) someone who was intentionally trying to say Republicans believe women should be punished for having abortions. Yes that's not exactly what was said, but it's how this is being perceived, especially considering the choice on MSNBC.

I'd much rather choose A and hope it's not B but something tells me it's B.

Okay, I understand. Many people might come to that conclusion.

Of course, the reason he is caught out like this is because he is NOT following a script like most other politicians. His style is to "straight-talk," as if he is having a one on one conversation with whomever asks a question. Like most of us in such situations, we often think people already know what we mean when we say something. This often results in people misunderstanding or come to think we meant something more than what we said.

I agree this is problematic in a political campaign, since we are used to candidates being extremely cautious and hesitant about responding to a question because they are afraid of falling into some trap. They are constantly balancing what to say and not say in hopes of avoiding the pitfalls Trump's style is demonstrating. So on the one hand I can agree that it makes Trump seem to be unsophisticated and bumbling. On the other it also shows us he is really trying to be as simple and direct as any ordinary citizen would be in such a situation.

I myself sometimes cringe at his faux pas, but I also like the fact that he is trying to be plain spoken. Like all the rest of us, sometimes he has to backtrack or clarify.

Okay, I understand. Many people might come to that conclusion.

Of course, the reason he is caught out like this is because he is NOT following a script like most other politicians. His style is to "straight-talk," as if he is having a one on one conversation with whomever asks a question. Like most of us in such situations, we often think people already know what we mean when we say something. This often results in people misunderstanding or come to think we meant something more than what we said.

I agree this is problematic in a political campaign, since we are used to candidates being extremely cautious and hesitant about responding to a question because they are afraid of falling into some trap. They are constantly balancing what to say and not say in hopes of avoiding the pitfalls Trump's style is demonstrating. So on the one hand I can agree that it makes Trump seem to be unsophisticated and bumbling. On the other it also shows us he is really trying to be as simple and direct as any ordinary citizen would be in such a situation.

I myself sometimes cringe at his faux pas, but I also like the fact that he is trying to be plain spoken. Like all the rest of us, sometimes he has to backtrack or clarify.

Yeah but he does it too much and he needs at least a little filter. I'm not holding my nose and hoping he'll just become a different person when elected, like you are. He hasn't demonstrated that ability yet!

Why do you like trump's ability to speak like a bumbling fool over someone who has learned to restrict themselves by polishing their interviews? Trump's plain speak is NOT better and far too often makes him look like an idiot and gets him into trouble.

You can't say anything you want when president

Back
Top Bottom