• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“Disinformation Governance Board” a good idea?

“Disinformation Governance Board” a good idea?

• Total voters
Not a good idea. Even the name has a ring of subjugation.

Sounds like a great idea to me, I mean if you can’t trust the government to decide for everyone what “truth” is, who can you trust?
we wouldn't need it if conservatives would actually tell the truth.

Since it would target Russian misinformation intended to influence our elections and sow discord, I can see why Republicans would oppose it.

Last edited:
Not just no but hell no. It might sound good to some because their side is currently in charge.However they should remember that elections swing back and forth and their side won't always be in charge of what information is correct or incorrect.
You can't just make stuff up and peddle it as true.

Republicans have a disinformation outlet. It's called Fox News. Democrats are allowed to have a forum for refuting disinformation.

If your hair is on fire because Biden is creating a board for refuting disinformation, then I'm surprised your hair isn't on fire because he has a press secretary too. Well, actually, you probably are pissed off by that.
And when Republicans are in charge of this board...?

What then?

The only arbiter of truth in this life is one self.

Disinformation is often in the eye of the beholder. I bet to this day you still believe Trump “colluded” with Russia.

Oh, we're at that point in the thread where someone should volunteer to pop the corn. :ROFLMAO:

You mean like Hillary and her dutiful butt-hurt sore losers and other assorted sycophants did for over four years?

What then?

Then they'll spread disinformation. But the only way to prevent Republicans from misbehaving with power is to either prevent them from holding power or to abolish government altogether lest Republicans take power and abuse it. Because ultimately, what you're making an argument for is either of those two scenarios.

Then they'll spread disinformation. But the only way to prevent Republicans from misbehaving with power is to either prevent them from holding power or to abolish government altogether lest Republicans take power and abuse it.
Hince..."That government which governs least, governs best."

Sorry, man, but apointing a political body as the arbiter of truth is simply not a good idea, imo.

You mean like Hillary and her dutiful butt-hurt sore losers and other assorted sycophants did for over four years?
If it was untrue, sure.

Why would you want to believe stuff that isn't true?

Sorry, man, but apointing a political body as the arbiter of truth is simply not a good idea, imo.
DHS is not a political body.

If it was untrue, sure.

Why would you want to believe stuff that isn't true?

Why are you asking me this question? Why don't you ask people who actually did believe in lies and were complicit in spreading them?

What then?

Facts can be independently verified. Hopefully by reporters we trust. The Republicans have screwed up the heads of so many people in the last 5 years by demolishing trust in the all but the "good" sources that agree with them and don't criticize them that folks just aren't thinking straight anymore. It's beyond sad.

Why are you asking me this question? Why don't you ask people who actually did believe in lies and were complicit in spreading them?
Why don't you just answer the question?

It would not be an arbiter of truth until it fell into Republican hands. There us a difference between exposing lies and determing what is true. Unless everything is now relative, even lies.

Sorry, but when you have bad actors, no amount of government is small enough. In order to defang Republicans when they take power, you'd necessarily need to strip government of all authority. You'd have to dissolve the United States.

And this arbiter/ministry of truth stuff is just Tucker Carlson nonsense. I know you don't take your marching orders from him, but I can't ignore how right wing talking points permeate and frame discussions whether we mean for them to or not.

And that is what the next republican president and his or her supporters will say about "misinformation" from democrats.

And that is what the republican president will say about "misinformation" from democrats.
But we won't believe Republicans. Why would we?

Back
Top Bottom