• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Veep’ Sued by LAPD Officer Over 30-Minute Meal Break

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
An off-duty LAPD officer is suing the makers of HBO’s “Veep,” claiming he was not paid for a 30-minute meal break.

The officer, identified in the suit only as “D. Wilson,” worked security for the show on a single day in December 2015. According to the lawsuit, Wilson was paid a base wage of $53.22 an hour, plus a $75 car allowance. He also received time-and-a-half for working more than eight hours, and double time for working past 12 hours. Wilson complains that he was not paid for a 30 minute meal break, “despite the fact that no such meal break was taken.”
‘Veep’ Sued by LAPD Cop Over 30-Minute Meal Break | Variety

Greedy bastard! What an ass!

An off-duty LAPD officer is suing the makers of HBO’s “Veep,” claiming he was not paid for a 30-minute meal break.

The officer, identified in the suit only as “D. Wilson,” worked security for the show on a single day in December 2015. According to the lawsuit, Wilson was paid a base wage of $53.22 an hour, plus a $75 car allowance. He also received time-and-a-half for working more than eight hours, and double time for working past 12 hours. Wilson complains that he was not paid for a 30 minute meal break, “despite the fact that no such meal break was taken.”
‘Veep’ Sued by LAPD Cop Over 30-Minute Meal Break | Variety

Greedy bastard! What an ass!

Well that's stupid. He didn't even take a lunch and he got $75 for a car??? I mean it's one day dude!!! I would have forgotten all about this from last year even. Jeez.
Maybe he was a conservative who doesn't like the show.

Well that's stupid. He didn't even take a lunch and he got $75 for a car??? I mean it's one day dude!!! I would have forgotten all about this from last year even. Jeez.
Maybe he was a conservative who doesn't like the show.

I'd say his political persuasion is a non issue here.

Oh my, and I thought all LEO's were Conservatives??

LEO's want to expand government, expand unions, are ok with racial profiling, and have a long term goal of turning the U.S. into a police state. They are very liberal.

LEO's want to expand government, expand unions, are ok with racial profiling, and have a long term goal of turning the U.S. into a police state. They are very liberal.

Are their problems, damn right. Are all officers criminals - No
At them Dem conv. when an LEO was drowned out with a BLM chant, that did not help.

Oh my, and I thought all LEO's were Conservatives??

Most are, but not all. The shock of my life came in 1971 when I heard of gay cops in SF. That just seemed very contradictory to me....and weird too.
No one on the department I worked, was gay. Happily married or skirt chasers or a mix of both. Some were kinky, but not that kinky.

Most are, but not all. The shock of my life came in 1971 when I heard of gay cops in SF. That just seemed very contradictory to me....and weird too.
No one on the department I worked, was gay. Happily married or skirt chasers or a mix of both. Some were kinky, but not that kinky.

And the problem is?

And the problem is?

They usually aren't Conservatives.

The second shocker was when I found out that cops were smoking pot or driving drunk........nothing more hypocritical than that.

Wow, first time for everything, I guess.

No...there have been many others, you just missed them.

They usually aren't Conservatives.

The second shocker was when I found out that cops were smoking pot or driving drunk........nothing more hypocritical than that.

No...there have been many others, you just missed them.

When the thin Blue line defends to the wall corrupt or bad officers, they lose the public confidence. And we have seen far to much of that.
Get rid of the bad apples, they are a danger to everyone.

When the thin Blue line defends to the wall corrupt or bad officers, they lose the public confidence. And we have seen far to much of that.
Get rid of the bad apples, they are a danger to everyone.

Right .....................as soon as we get rid of all the bad apples in da hood! The biggest part of the problem is not with the police, it's from those worthless punks that refuse to obey the police and continue to do crime.

Just like that punk in Chicago. Running at high speed thru neighborhoods, endangering the lives of everyone there, trying to run over the police and gets himself shot and killed. Tough ****!

I say Hooray for the Po-Po!

Back
Top Bottom